Author Topic: Pre-war data on Iraq not solid: Powell  (Read 1767 times)

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Pre-war data on Iraq not solid: Powell
« on: April 03, 2004, 01:53:00 AM »
"It appears that the information was not solid," said Powell on Friday. The data had been provided by the CIA.

:lol :lol

Finally an admition by the Bush admin that the intelligence given to the UN was bogus.

The headlines just keep on getting better and better. Those lies are starting to look worse each day. Amazed how anyone can still defend the actions of the Bush administration in invading Iraq.

Beyond me how they failed to identify such bad intelligence when you look at the sources they used. It only took a reporter 30 mins to realise that the Nukes from Nigeria were fake documents. How come so called experts in CIA etc couldn't see it?

Because they didn't want to! lol

...-Gixer

Offline LAWCobra

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.lawsquadron.cjb.net
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 02:02:37 AM »
Well the total disreguard for the UN sanctions for one thing.
Then there the small oops he commited by killing 1.000.00 s  of Kurds.

I would say those two reasons should be enough to take away his toys.

There are many more documented but I dont feel like wasting my time doing a google search .
« Last Edit: April 03, 2004, 02:08:37 AM by LAWCobra »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2004, 02:12:55 AM »
Gixer, dude .... just invent the "way back" machine and go back and fix everything the way you like it. Other than that, maybe you can start a publishing house and print up "the fugged-up evil American world as I know it" history book so further generations can be as pissed about the way things are going as you are. Just remember ... someone's working on you having the further generations around to influence. :D

Offline LAWCobra

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.lawsquadron.cjb.net
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2004, 02:14:01 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Gixer, dude .... just invent the "way back" machine and go back and fix everything the way you like it. Other than that, maybe you can start a publishing house and print up "the fugged-up evil American world as I know it" history book so further generations can be as pissed about the way things are going as you are. Just remember ... someone's working on you having the further generations around to influence. :D

OMG I agree arlo

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2004, 03:42:30 AM »
Originally posted by LAWCobra
Well the total disreguard for the UN sanctions for one thing.
Then there the small oops he commited by killing 1.000.00 s  of Kurds.

I would say those two reasons should be enough to take away his toys.

There are many more documented but I dont feel like wasting my time doing a google search .

Bu that Isn't the reason Iraq was invaded. Iraq was invaded as it was sold to the world that he had WMD's and was about to use them in his support of terror.

If they hadn't of sold that story the invasion of Iraq would never of gone ahead because he killed some kurds and is a bad man.

All the lies about WMD's etc have been proven to be untrue. The fact that he killed a 1000 kurds or was a bad man and broke some sanctions hardly justifies the invasion of another country and the mess we see it in today as it edges towards civil war.

You guys are gulliable enough to believe the stuff fed to you from the Whitehouse and still argue for it. Just think for a moment whats actually happend as a result to these actions.  Not only for Iraq, but also for the US it's reputation and it's allies on the world stage.

Nice one.  I'm sure future gernations will look upon this as your finest moment.

...-Gixer

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2004, 03:48:18 AM »
Id sure like to be an american president

you can lie and do whatever you want as long as you dont admit it or pedal for you life....all is forgiven

even if secret recordings was found of bush saying he just wanted the oil would lead some of you guys here to be a tad sceptical.

6 months after kerry is elected you will prolly stand by him whatever he does :D

...well maybe ot the last sentance but the rest is spot on

:p

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2004, 04:17:31 AM »
Originally posted by Gixer
You guys are gulliable enough to believe the stuff fed to you from the Whitehouse and still argue for it. Just think for a moment whats actually happend as a result to these actions.  Not only for Iraq, but also for the US it's reputation and it's allies on the world stage.

Well it's a good thing you, Gixer, chief of the "gullible police", is looking out for the American citizen in this, the post-war ousting of a megalomaniacal dictator in the Middle East years. I'm sure your wisdom being spread quite thickly here will influence the U.S. to never again interfere in situations that New Zealand has well under control by whining on the internet about it.

Carry on and thanks for taking over. :D

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2004, 05:14:07 AM »
excerpt from UNSC 1441
         Deploring the fact that Iraq has not provided an accurate, full, final, and complete disclosure, as required by resolution 687 (1991), of all aspects of its programmes to develop weapons of mass destruction and ballistic missiles with a range greater than one hundred and fifty kilometres, and of all holdings of such weapons, their components and production facilities and locations, as well as all other nuclear programmes, including any which it claims are for purposes not related to nuclear-weapons-usable material,

Deploring further that Iraq repeatedly obstructed immediate, unconditional, and unrestricted access to sites designated by the United Nations Special Commission (UNSCOM) and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), failed to cooperate fully and unconditionally with UNSCOM and IAEA weapons inspectors, as required by resolution 687 (1991), and ultimately ceased all cooperation with UNSCOM and the IAEA in 1998,

Deploring the absence, since December 1998, in Iraq of international monitoring, inspection, and verification, as required by relevant resolutions, of weapons of mass destruction and ballistic missiles, in spite of the Council’s repeated demands that Iraq provide immediate, unconditional, and unrestricted access to the United Nations Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission (UNMOVIC), established in resolution 1284 (1999) as the successor organization to UNSCOM, and the IAEA, and regretting the consequent prolonging of the crisis in the region and the suffering of the Iraqi people,

Deploring also that the Government of Iraq has failed to comply with its commitments pursuant to resolution 687 (1991) with regard to terrorism , pursuant to resolution 688 (1991) to end repression of its civilian population and to provide access by international humanitarian organizations to all those in need of assistance in Iraq, and pursuant to resolutions 686 (1991), 687 (1991), and 1284 (1999) to return or cooperate in accounting for Kuwaiti and third country nationals wrongfully detained by Iraq , or to return Kuwaiti property wrongfully seized by Iraq,

Recalling that in its resolution 687 (1991) the Council declared that a ceasefire would be based on acceptance by Iraq of the provisions of that resolution, including the obligations on Iraq contained therein,

Apparently the UNSC (incl Syria) was convinced when they voted for 1441, and in 1441 there were some issues addressed other than WMD's.

Intresting everyone remembers WMD's and no one recalls that "end to repression" part...
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2004, 06:03:15 AM »
maybe it is easy to focus on the lies.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2004, 06:17:28 AM »
maybe it is easy to focus on the lies.  

Oh please.

What it is easy to do is focus on what happened yesterday.  What may happen tomorrow is relatively foggy.

Please find a world leader other than Saddam who said, prior to a year ago, "Iraq does not have WMD's"

All I heard were leaders who advocated letting sanctions work longer.  Even the inspectors said they needed more time, not that they had concluded that weapons did not exist.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2004, 06:37:38 AM »
So Bosnia was unjustified and Milosevic should of been left alone?

Originally posted by Gixer
The fact that he killed a 1000 kurds or was a bad man and broke some sanctions hardly justifies the invasion of another country and the mess we see it in today as it edges towards civil war.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2004, 07:02:10 AM »
Holden.

Im refering to the lies the Bush administration spread around with its bogus wmd reports.

Do you still maintain that the Bush admin did not spread lies and false reports prior to the invasion?

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2004, 07:37:32 AM »
Nilsen.

lie, noun
Etymology: Middle English lige, lie, from Old English lyge; akin to Old High German lugI, Old English lEogan to lie
1 a : an assertion of something known or believed by the speaker to be untrue with intent to deceive.

A statement is a lie when you know it to be false.

A false statement, if it is believed to be the truth, is simply wrong, it not necessarily a lie.

I believe that the common belief (proir to GW2) by the vast majority of those who were intrested in Iraq policy was that Hussein did have WMD's. (a belief backed up by 1441) I have yet to see a quote by any nation's leader which claims Iraq did not have weapons.

I have seen transcripts of statements by leaders and diplomats which say a different policy to ascertain and or remove suspected weapons should be followed, but not one where anyone said the perceived problem was already solved.

Please show me where the PM of New Zealand or Norway objected to the idea that Iraq was armed and dangerous, not just voiced an objection to disarmament by force.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2004, 07:53:21 AM »
Originally posted by Delirium
So Bosnia was unjustified and Milosevic should of been left alone?

No but a few air strikes hardly compares to all the lies about WMD"s in Iraq and invading another country. Does it?

Plus bombing of Boania had UN and world support, unlike the situation in Iraq which is compeltely different. Months of leaders trying to sell the WMD lies and then just going ahead with action anyway.

...-Gixer

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2004, 07:55:14 AM »
Nilsen,

The Bush administration acted on information provided to it by the CIA.  Most of the high-level leaders and low-level operatives in that organization were on the job before Bush took office.

Ergo;  it was Clinton's fault.

Only kidding. :D

I think you and I can both agree that despotic tyrants should be removed from office.

Where we disagree is over WHICH despotic tyrant should be removed FIRST!  You seem to be more concerned with the removal of Bush...I support the removal of Saddam.

Regards, Shuckins