Author Topic: GV questions/concerns  (Read 2602 times)

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
GV questions/concerns
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2004, 08:57:14 PM »
Originally posted by DrDea
But then again a Heavy Stuka can be a beautifull thing:lol

in your sights ;)
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
GV questions/concerns
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2004, 02:35:58 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
Moil, how about you give just a little thought about posting what you wish with out the comments like "thats sorta lame".

Comment like that mostly make me not respond to a poster.

The resone is because tank gun's are treated differently then hi rate of fire machine guns. Is somthing that can be added to AHII.

In the future do not excpect me to respond if you continue to post in a method simalar to you last one.

HiTech

Hmmm does this mean you can't have any critisism about the game? Only comments that PRAISE the game? Whats the point of a forum if you can't express your positive AND negative feelings on a subject? What he said about running over a piece of wood in town and getting killed is true. When was the last time you heard of a real tank running over a piece of wood and blowing up as a result of it? A vehicle that could knock over trees and drive through houses get blown up from running over a piece of wood?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 02:40:43 PM by 68Ripper »
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
GV questions/concerns
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2004, 02:55:22 PM »
Ripper your welcome to critisize, a post like yours is perfectly acceptable. It is realy just the difference in how you post somthing. One is constructive, the other is belittling.

HiTech

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
GV questions/concerns
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2004, 03:30:59 PM »
Originally posted by 68Ripper
Hmmm does this mean you can't have any critisism about the game? Only comments that PRAISE the game?  

Hmmm, what do you think?   Oups, I am out of line again, sorry.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
GV questions/concerns
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2004, 04:08:05 PM »
Originally posted by Overlag
na, the hurri mkiiC is the best ;)

normaly, if you get it right you can get 2 gvs with one bomb then another 4-6 with the cannons :D

actually one ah2 comes out the hurri2d will be the best as it now fires both 40mms simultaniosly (i just hope they fixed the 40mm's damage modelling...ive landed 2 rounds of 40mm on a b17s wingroot without much effect...though the third shot had the desired effect)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 04:10:37 PM by vorticon »

Offline wipass

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.secestimating.com
GV questions/concerns
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2004, 07:09:36 AM »
Well I agree that Horn knows exactly where to hit a Tiger with a Panzer to kill it in one shot. He did it to me yesterday. Didn't see him at all so I don't know what distance it was though.

I do know though that a HE shell from a panzer aimed at the Tigers tracks disables it rather easily, too easily to be realistic in my opinion. But hey, what do I know.

Not sure why we are debating AH 1 though, it's been stated that development work has stopped completely and in this thread Hitech/Pyro have intimated that in AH 2 the damage model will be different.

Let's see what the future brings,

wipass

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
here ya go
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2004, 11:38:30 AM »
mabey this will end this seemingly endless debate! but i doubt it

quoted from the ah home page:

High fidelity air combat is the heart of
Aces High, but it doesn't end there.  In addition to
flying a multitude of aircraft types, players can
also man vehicles, boats, amphibs, gun batteries,
and ships. :aok

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
GV questions/concerns
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2004, 04:32:00 PM »
Hoping the damage model is fixed in AH2.
Yup there are a few glaring flaws at present i.e.
1) AP rounds bouncing off M3s at less than 800yrds, kinda funny unlees hes carrying troops. Solution, use HE you only have to get them close to kill an M3.
2) Panzers v Tigers - From the size at d1200 or less usually a 1 ping kill or at least a turret disable. Solution, Tigers are long range killers, don't let anyone get close to you.
3) Tigers v Tigers - Admitedly this seems more of a crap shoot, if you get hit a few times time to use a supply up or grab a new one. Just sitting there letting the other guy hit ya isn't going to work.
4) Anything v Armour - Seen an M3 kill a Tiger, been killed by an Osty in a Tiger. Solution same as 2, don't let them get close.
5) Invisible tanks - Usually due to lag when guy spawns.....Except - GV city, all 3 sides have reported tanks "winking" in and out. No idea, server overload, graphics overload?

Finally hope to see more Ltars real soon, they are crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside and good for my perkies! :)
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
GV questions/concerns
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2004, 11:02:11 PM »
I still go back to my original question....

Can you film GV avtion and does anyone (in Aces high) even care about it....?

Earlier this evening watched a tiffie pork a V base...pretty good clue some folks will be coming...was already near spawn so I camped it...got hit by a pz that shot me 3 times before he uncloaked...he was stone cold invisable...just like the ones in tank town...and his turret when he appeared was pointed right at me 90 deg from tank alignment. Now I was looking right at him from less than ~1200 out...no way I missed him.

Since I've been assured that the quality of code is up to par with the rest of the program:rolleyes: I'm certainly baffled by this otherwise undocumented feature of romulan...er german tanks....awful glad the romulan warbirds arent out....yet;)

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
GV questions/concerns
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2004, 11:09:12 PM »
I never have any problem with invisible gvs.

The reason some may not care is there have been 100 threads on gvs in ah. The topic has been beaten to death and most folks who normally maybe interested in gvs have said everything that needs saying in the many other threads.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
GV questions/concerns
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2004, 11:30:44 PM »
Do a search on Panzer 4... or just do a search with my name and look for GV threads..  I've done plenty of ranting about the GVs for the past 3 years.

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
GV questions/concerns
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2004, 09:56:55 AM »
There's strange and frustrating things in the GV models, that's for sure.  I've been in a Tiger and hit a panzer at ~1200yds 4 times in the side before he found me and 1hit killed me through my front armor.

Distinguishing head from tail isn't that hard at max zoom on the main gun out to 3200-3400yds.  You can see which direction the turret is pointing in relation to the hull.

On hit sprites.. there's the little flash with the tracer bounching off the target for a richochet, then there's the big flash for a hit.  But not all hits penetrate, so even though you hit it you didn't hurt it.  Only way to tell the difference, currently, between a penetrating hit and a non-penetrating hit is to guess you didn't penetrate because of no damage on the target.  Maybe change the hit sprite for a hit that doesn't penetrate.. make it an off grey color instead of the same as a regular hit sprite?  HT how feasible would that be?  Might cut confusion down some.  

I understood it to be that the armor wasn't really  hurt if a hit didn't penetrate it, and the only that really mattered was if you penetrated or not.  Maybe some of the problem comes from the hit box (or whatever) on the GVs extends some parts where it shouldn't, like the glacis being extended past the sides.  Once upon a time, sitting on the runway in a pony with a squadmate to my left and a little ahead, I killed myself firing my guns.  His wingtip was barely visible on the edge of the screen, but the tracers went out from my guns and ended in hit sprites, as if his wing was invisibly extended about 5-6ft.  Something kinda like rounds being intercepted by invisible walls from destroyed buildings.  /shrug

I'm hoping that discussion like this will help improve the GVs in AH2.  They can be alot of fun, but sometimes they're down right frustrating, like being in a tiger and hitting a panzer in the side at ~1200yds and not doing anything, then getting 1hit killed through your front armor by the panzer.  And it happens 3-4 times in a row if you keep coming back.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
GV questions/concerns
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2004, 03:52:14 PM »
I have filmed gv action before. But by the time I get around to looking at the films I already forgot why I even recorded it. I think it has to do something with the lag though if you see a shot and nothng there. I am pretty sure I have killed gv's and i wasnt seen yet, especially where there is a lot of action going on.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
GV questions/concerns
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2004, 11:44:43 AM »
Originally posted by CavemanJ

On hit sprites.. there's the little flash with the tracer bounching off the target for a richochet, then there's the big flash for a hit.  But not all hits penetrate, so even though you hit it you didn't hurt it.  Only way to tell the difference, currently, between a penetrating hit and a non-penetrating hit is to guess you didn't penetrate because of no damage on the target.  Maybe change the hit sprite for a hit that doesn't penetrate.. make it an off grey color instead of the same as a regular hit sprite?  HT how feasible would that be?  Might cut confusion down some.  

Caveman, that is AWEsome idea, and probably 'splains much
Beyond that, WHO aims for certain parts of a tank at 3000 yards? Its all ya can do to hit the fediddlein thing---have traded shots with other panzers in such situations, ping..ping...ping....nada---then it SEEMS like i was one-pinged into tower (the opposing guy will say he has several sprites, tho i didnt hear any: if ya are firing about same time as that round hits you, your gun sound blows away the damage sound, and you are unawares. Gv's here are frustrating as heck, but have more positives than negatives--as much as the hack me off, Id quit AH if they werent here.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
GV questions/concerns
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2004, 04:40:38 AM »
bj229r, you can aim for parts at and above 3k if you are precise enough.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you