Author Topic: Letter from Iraqi Mother to US moms...  (Read 2211 times)

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
Letter from Iraqi Mother to US moms...
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2004, 07:55:50 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
I'm good, I tell ya. I get replies even without posting.

LaRf! :D

Preemptive strike.

Offline Snork

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2004, 07:58:30 AM »
Originally posted by Staga
Sounds just like those letters sent by "American Soldiers" in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Goebbels would be surprised how easy it still is to manipulate the minds of common people.

My thoughts exactly. The beat goes on.

Think Twice Type Once
Snork
Flying as Noser

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2004, 08:08:05 AM »

A total pullout might not be the answer, but we shouldn't be dictating their decisions, we should be letting them decide. It's THEIR country, not ours. What we are doing is close to expansionism, and that is not what our country is about.

A total pull out is not going to happen because these people can't even police themselves properly. If they want us out of THEIR country, then they need to start acting like civilized humna beings and not street dogs.

Business may be a part of why we are there, I am not naive enough to believe that's not part of the equation. We are now there to install a US friendly government. Why should we liberate these people and then turn around and let them install another numbnut dictator?

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2004, 08:20:48 AM »
while i was there i believed our commitment there was to secure another operations base in the region for the goal of "noone is out of reach". as for the money, its there. i think that we are trying too hard to impress and make the world happy. we are trying, still, to make france and germany to eat their words and how better than to boast on a successful iraqi government and economy...backfire!! as for their government, their own clerics decided on who should sit in which seat. the only problem is that the iraqis do not want any Kurds or Pesh sitting in any government seat, so we had to intervene. their constitution was created by them not us. actually its not all that different than what was inplace before the war. the occupation isnt the whole problem there. the political differences between the sunni and shiite is the major problem. each one wants total control of the country. a pullout is everyones answer, we cant pullout until everything is running smooth. it is against the law of war, you take out a government you must ensure that another one is inplace before you leave. i dont like it because ill be back there next year if everything doesnt settle down

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2004, 08:48:30 AM »
Originally posted by Goth
A total pull out is not going to happen because these people can't even police themselves properly.
Was that before or after we helped saddam gain power?

We are now there to install a US friendly government. Why should we liberate these people and then turn around and let them install another numbnut dictator?

Ahh, again, we helped put saddam in power, not them. Another puppet government is not the solution, it has not worked in the past, and I do not see why it should work now.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2004, 08:50:31 AM »
Originally posted by 101ABN
their constitution was created by them not us.

Yeah, sure.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2004, 08:55:51 AM »
"Ahh, again, we helped put saddam in power, not them"

no, read the history. saddam put himself in power. the only thing that we did to help saddam was that we supported him during the Iran Iraq war.

as for the constitution, key word "clerics"

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2004, 08:58:31 AM »
Originally posted by 101ABN
as for the constitution, key word "clerics"

Ahh, the key word is "Bremer"

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2004, 09:04:36 AM »
"Ahh, again, we helped put saddam in power, not them"

please read the follwoing!

8 October 1977 Saddam was elected the Assistant Secretary General of the National Pan-Arab Leadership of the Baath Party.
1979 Ahmed Hassan al-Bakr negotiated with Syria to unify Iraq and Syria. Syrian President Hafez al-Assad would have become deputy leader of the new union, leaving Saddam's political future uncertain.
16 July 1979 Saddam forced Ahmed Hassan al-Bakr to resign and was elected as the President of Iraq and as the Chairman of Revolution Command Council.
17 July 1979 Saddam was promoted to the rank of Field Marshall.
22 July 1979 Saddam convened an assembly of Baath leaders. A list of potential opponents to Saddam was read. Those on the list were branded disloyal, removed from the assembly, and shot.
8 October 1979 Saddam was elected Deputy Secretary General of the Pan-Arab Leadership of the Baath party.
4 September 1980 Saddam initiated a war with Iran, seeking to obtain Iranian oil reserves.
1982 Former President Bakr died mysteriously. It was widely suspected that Saddam was involved.
30 July 1983 Saddam was dubbed the Revolution Order, First Class.

history class for the better of the group.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2004, 09:05:40 AM »
Stop repeating yourself, what does that have to do with the constitution?

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2004, 09:06:00 AM »
oh yea, bremmer is a putz, i dont think that he has the ability to come up with or influence a constitution.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2004, 09:11:44 AM »
Article 17: "It shall not be permitted to possess, bear, buy, or sell arms except on licensure issued in accordance with the law."

As you know, in the middle east it is considered a right to have a weapon. This is written to let the government decide who gets a gun. I do not believe this is what the people would want. It is what a government who wants to oppress it's people wants.

Again, i'll quote Lazs2 "A government issued licence is a licence for corruption. A way to arm one sector of the population and leave another helpless."

BTW, who hand picked these "Clerics"? The people of Iraq are having no say in their constitution.

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2004, 09:44:24 AM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
Ahh, again, we helped put saddam in power, not them. Another puppet government is not the solution, it has not worked in the past, and I do not see why it should work now.

I don't think I mentioned a puppet government be installed, think my words were "US friendly".

Saddam was backed by the US to combat muslim extremists in Iran, do you think for one second that the US will allow muslim extremists to take over Iraq? Tell me why you think the Shiite's are so upset. Do you think the Sunni's are better?....the Kurds?

My whole point was, once again, till they can stop acting like wild neighborhood dogs, the US will continue to have an influence on the area. Yeah, it would be nice to take the oil and run, but I really do not see that as our reason for being there...others differ in opinion.

I would much rather see oil deals made with a "Us friendly" Iraqi governing body instead of occupation.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2004, 10:52:04 AM »
Strange. People who call this letter "propaganda" usually believe evrything Chechen websites and other pro-terrorist media say about Russian "atrocities" in Chechnya.

OTOH, look, nothing like a boycott of 1980 Moscow Olympics is going to happen now against the US. Everything is OK in Iraq, brave Fighters for Freedom and Democracy liberated Iraq, while Evil Asian Bolshevik Hordes conquered and occupied poor freedom-loving Afghanistan. Beautiful double standards.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2004, 11:08:14 AM »
Originally posted by Goth
I don't think I mentioned a puppet government be installed, think my words were "US friendly".

You say tomato, I say tomatoe.

You know the old saying tho- "When you're up to your arse in alligators it's hard to believe your initial purpose was to drain the swamp."

It doesn't matter when we leave Iraq- tomorrow, in June, five years from now- we will leave a Nation torn by civil war made much worse off from our occupation.