Author Topic: Letter from Iraqi Mother to US moms...  (Read 2209 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Letter from Iraqi Mother to US moms...
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2004, 11:41:59 AM »
Maybe I'm wrong but... for better or worse... aren't we going to pull out in June of this year?

sixpense...  can you follow my logic on the license thing to the difference between what our constitution says and what the liberals and gun control nuts would have it mean?    Gun control esssentialy says that you don't have the right to defend yourself... that the government has the right to arm some citizens and not others... to make some helpless and not others.    Can you see that the only amendment that guarentees all the others is the second and that any erossion of the second is destroying the checks and balances that were so carefully and thoughtfully crafted by our founders.

and... I do think you should join the NRA... at this point they are the only group wih enough clout for your money to do any good.   I myself do not allways agree with everything they do but they are our best hope.

lazs

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2004, 11:54:35 AM »
We're handing power over in June Lazs, unfortunately we will still be cycling troops in and out for the next two or three years. I was talking to someone in the military, and they said it was planned up through 2009.
-SW

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2004, 11:55:30 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Maybe I'm wrong but... for better or worse... aren't we going to pull out in June of this year?
lazs

Are we? What if the violence continues to escalate? Are we going to leave if it causes a power vaccum and leads to an Iraqi civil war?

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2004, 11:58:12 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2

sixpense...  can you follow my logic on the license thing to the difference between what our constitution says and what the liberals and gun control nuts would have it mean?

lazs

I know what you are saying, and I agree. That's why article 17 in the constitution we are writing for Iraq doesn't sit very well with me, I do not want our 2nd amendment to be changed to what that says. I don't think the people of Iraq like it either.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2004, 12:00:10 PM »

What SWulfe said.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2004, 12:01:25 PM »
airhead... not sure that you or I can answer that question or that it is even likely to be that big an issue.

I would say that it is pretty useless to speculate at this point.    I do imagine that we will be cycling troops to help but wether or not they will be targeted any more than the iraq police is not known.

lazs

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2004, 12:39:28 PM »
" maybe you were expecting "

You have no idea of what I was expecting. But to fill you in it was NOT to have invaded Iraq without a specific UN directive to do so. The US/UK invaded on thier own and without the UN approval.
 I never bought into "for the all the WMD he's ready to sell/give away/launch", "they have terror ships/dones offshore ready to atrtack us!" "...Saddam sponsors/harbours Al Queda and other terrorists" and "He's not a nice guy you know. He won't exchange Christmas cards with us and he's mean to hi own people" baloney.  The reasoning was transparant and suspect.  Over the course of the last year it's been shown why.  The excuses were all bullsh&t and hype.

*side note:  Boroda, what do your news channels have to report about the Ukranian forces falling back/withdrawing from Kut in Iraq?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 12:47:25 PM by Westy »

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2004, 03:30:29 PM »
A total pull out is not going to happen because these people can't even police themselves properly. If they want us out of THEIR country, then they need to start acting like civilized humna beings and not street dogs.

Excuse me, but what gives YOU the right to tell them what they should do in their own country.

Are you somewhat 'Superior' ? Are you the one deciding what's good/bad for everyone on earth?

I think not.

As for Iraq, it wil become a full Muslimist state, no real democracy will exist there. i give it two years at best for this to be official.

And it's THEIR choice. If they want it... let 'em have it I say.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2004, 03:50:12 PM »
It was their choice to invade and pillage their neighbor Kuwait. We didn't let that choice stand and we may have to deny some of their other would be choices.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2004, 03:53:14 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
We didn't let that choice stand and we may have to deny some of their other would be choices.

Yeah, like writing their own constitution.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2004, 04:02:39 PM »
Exactly, and it won't contain provisions for invading peaceful neighbors.

Offline boxboy28

• Gold Member
      • http://none
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2004, 04:04:45 PM »
LOL man i had some good *** stink bait here!   well it wasnt i just wanted to see what other felt. If its real it almost pisses me off but at the same time its all a shame!
^"^Nazgul^"^    fly with the undead!
Jaxxo got nice tata's  and Lyric is Andre the giant with blond hair!

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2004, 04:07:50 PM »
Exactly, and it won't contain provisions for invading peaceful neighbors.

Or to bear arms. You made a big deal about the 2nd amendment, yet their constitution tells them they have no right to bear arms. There seems to be a double standard here.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2004, 04:15:19 PM »
Once they are in charge they can add their own second amendment. So long as they don't harbor terrorists or invade our friends we'll likely leave them to their own devices.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2004, 04:22:03 PM »
Once they are in charge they can add their own second amendment. So long as they don't harbor terrorists or invade our friends we'll likely leave them to their own devices.

I hope you are right, but I just don't understand writing their constitution in the first place if they are going to re-write after June 30th, especially article 17. Article 17 is something that would be written by an oppressive government, which is what I thought we were fighting against.