Author Topic: Why would europeans support Kerry?  (Read 1989 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Why would europeans support Kerry?
« on: April 14, 2004, 04:00:57 AM »
I just saw that Kerrys plan for Iraq would involve:

More US troops.

NATO troops in Iraq under USA military command.

UN member nation troops.

This would all just mean german, french etc troops in Iraq in supoort of this immoral war...

Isnt that what yiu guys are opppsed to?

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 04:55:05 AM »
What you didn't seem to realise when posting this particular troll is that DESPITE all the things you listed the Europeans still support Kerry - which shows just how incompetent your current administration was in alienating those governments it is now crawling to for support in Iraq.

ahh irony is wonderful.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 05:08:33 AM »
ill give you a:

nice try, but you lacked that little extra to get a 6 :)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 05:21:43 AM »
Just because the question makes you uncomfortable doesnt mean it's intended to be a troll. Answer the question, so far the best you can say is that you irrationaly hate bush...

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 05:24:24 AM »
Originally posted by _Schadenfreude_
What you didn't seem to realise when posting this particular troll is that DESPITE all the things you listed the Europeans still support Kerry - which shows just how incompetent your current administration was in alienating those governments it is now crawling to for support in Iraq.

ahh irony is wonderful.

But what you dont realize is that if you euros would then support kerry in his plan it means that euro governments have been blatantly dishonest in their supposedly principaled opposition to the war...  Remember what a big fuss the frenchies here made about the principle of standing up to the big bad imperialist militant agressive USA...

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 05:29:15 AM »
nothing about this question makes me uncomfortable but i question your motives ;)

Kerry is a better choise for president for many reason, the most important beeing that he realises that cooperation between nations is the key to a more stable world order....not forcing your will and ways on others.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 05:43:49 AM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
nothing about this question makes me uncomfortable but i question your motives ;)

Kerry is a better choise for president for many reason, the most important beeing that he realises that cooperation between nations is the key to a more stable world order....not forcing your will and ways on others.

Cooperation? Bush went to the UN repeatedly asking for help... His calls were rejected on grounds that war is immoral or something and people not want to help...  Same thing affter the invasion too I think...

Where do you see cooperation in Kerrys plan?

Are German trioops explicitly under US commend a sign of cooperation?

Why would germans do that, being so ethically opposed to thhis war?

As for my motives?  They are obvious, I'm curious about this contracdiction...

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2004, 05:55:17 AM »
If you ask for someones help or cooperation but dont really care what the answer is because you have decided to go ahead anyway you are not cooperating at all.

Kerry has stated that one of his imortant goals is to bring the US and europe together again and to strenghten the relationship to the UN. Wether he does or does not we will not find out until he is elected.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2004, 05:56:25 AM »
If you ask for someones help or cooperation but dont really care what the answer is because you have decided to go ahead anyway you are not cooperating at all.

Kerry has stated that one of his imortant goals is to bring the US and europe together again and to strenghten the relationship to the UN. Wether he does or does not we will not find out until he is elected.

But cooperation is mutual. The Frenach and other euros wouldnt budge on Iraq.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2004, 06:00:55 AM »
because they can't stand anyone with principles & guts - especially Christian ones

Kerry could easily be any Euro leader, UN included - he is wishy washy & limp wristed enough to fit right in

LANDSLIDE BUSH!
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2004, 06:05:32 AM »
Well.. I know you are aware that there is no county called "euros" and that there are many individual countries within europe with different opinions on the matter.

The French are free to have their own opinion on the matter of Iraq and so does the US. The French did not think going into Iraq was the correct thing to do, so they didnt do it either.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2004, 06:08:54 AM »
Maybe countries that has been invaded know that war is something one should avoid Eagler....not glorify like you do ;)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2004, 06:14:17 AM »
Well.. I know you are aware that there is no county called "euros" and that there are many individual countries within europe with different opinions on the matter.

The French are free to have their own opinion on the matter of Iraq and so does the US. The French did not think going into Iraq was the correct thing to do, so they didnt do it either.

So when kerry goes to the french and asks them for help and they say NON, and then kerry says OK well do it without you, then kerry is not cooperationg by your standard?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2004, 06:17:45 AM »
Maybe countries that has been invaded know that war is something one should avoid Eagler....not glorify like you do ;)

BS Alert.

Thats the most idiotic hypocritical euro staement ever. The oh we poor france or poor europe suffered 2 bad wars in 25 years so we know how awul and terrible war is and we dont like it.....

Did the french for example forget that when they were responsible for terrible wars to vietnam and algeria shortly after their ww2 experience? Did they forget that when they and the brits helped invade egypt in 1956?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2004, 06:20:52 AM »

glorify? only war i glorify is the airwar over europe 39 - 44

sorry the ****e hit the fan - j glad we now have a Leader with balls to take it to the nutbags
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder