Author Topic: $2.61/gal  (Read 7421 times)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
$2.61/gal
« Reply #195 on: May 17, 2004, 09:24:23 AM »
All we have is water.... well maybe some day someone invents car which runs with water :)

(yeah I know how hydrogen is made)

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
$2.61/gal
« Reply #196 on: May 17, 2004, 09:31:52 AM »
Hmmm. Water.....

http://www.wetland.org.za/news.htm=&NodeId=912&Id=24

http://www.icrc.org/Web/eng/siteeng0.nsf/htmlall/57JPL4

Well. When the US/UK corporations control all of the oil what do imagine they may go for next?

It may be a few years but the prep work has to begin sometime! ;)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
$2.61/gal
« Reply #197 on: May 17, 2004, 09:58:55 AM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
Basically, the US got five hundred billion dollars worth of goods/services (resources by any other name...) basically for free.  

More likely for paper dollars and/or other financial instruments.

C'mon Thrawn.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
$2.61/gal
« Reply #198 on: May 17, 2004, 10:02:24 AM »
Oh, I see Strk. If it's an unpleasant fact you can just ignore it?

:)

Great debate tool!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
$2.61/gal
« Reply #199 on: May 17, 2004, 10:35:47 AM »
Vermont, the Health Care Nirvana:

(Strk, ignore these... they don't agree with your preconceived notions, so cover your eyes and say "nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuHHHHUUUUUUUUUU UUMMMMMMMMMMM!" until this thread goes away.)

Facing Up to Vermont's Health Financing Problem

What has happened over the years 1994 to1998 is this: Vermont's insurance "reforms" produced a drop of 30% in private individual insurance coverage and 24% in small group coverage, and nearly destroyed a competitive insurance market in the state.

Health Insurance Meltdown in Vermont

Dean’s effort to make health insurance universally available in Vermont has in many ways backfired. What has become “universal” in the state are high health insurance premiums and a heavy tax burden needed to support the growing number of Vermonters covered not by private insurance but by government-run Medicaid. Moreover, the number of uninsured Vermonters has increased, not fallen, since Dean’s reforms took effect.

Gee, maybe it's not exactly the way Dean portrayed it? Maybe?

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
$2.61/gal
« Reply #200 on: May 17, 2004, 11:41:33 AM »
Originally posted by strk
in my humble I think you assumed that

well, when I stated that the US funds the most powerful military on earth, he said:

Europe got more planes, more tanks and more men under arms than the US of A, and we got "free" healthcare too.

We pay for healthcare and a bigger military

He seems to refer to Europe as a single entity.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
$2.61/gal
« Reply #201 on: May 17, 2004, 11:47:47 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
NO! NUKE DID! (Mine is bigger, so THERE!) :p

actually, You called me an "Idiot", all I did was state a fact.

And all I did was point out that most Eurpean countries cannot defend themselves without outside help, That is just a fact, not an insult. I tied that statement into the fact that the US system provides for our complete defense independant of any outside help.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
$2.61/gal
« Reply #202 on: May 17, 2004, 11:50:12 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
Let's see.

Nuke makes a rather unnecessary, somewhat rude comment.

You reply with a rather unnecessary, somewhat rude comment.

I mirror your unnecessary, somewhat rude comment.

You feel it's perfectly alright for you to mirror Nuke's unnecessary, somewhat rude comment.

You feel it's simply terrible if anyone mirrors your unnecessary, somewhat rude comment.

Got it. Thanks.

As to sodomy and advanced age, well, I'll have to defer to your undoubtedly vast interest, expertise and experience in sodomy.  I have no experience in the matter whatsoever.

isn't mirroring fun?

hey Toad, what comment did I make that you are refering too? The guy starts out very early by calling me an idiot but I don't recall making a rude statement about him??

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
$2.61/gal
« Reply #203 on: May 17, 2004, 01:20:54 PM »
My mistake, Nuke. I apologize. On rereading, it really isn't rude.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
$2.61/gal
« Reply #204 on: May 17, 2004, 11:22:46 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
More likely for paper dollars and/or other financial instruments.

C'mon Thrawn.

Yeah, that's why I said basically for free.  The world got a bunch of pieces of paper it can't use in exchange.

If the world decided to take those USD that it's accumlated over many years of huge trade deficiate and buy American stuff, Americans would quickly find thier standard of living drop like an anvil as they sold trillions of dollars worth of actual resources and thier dollar worth next to nothing as the US market is flood with all those pieces of paper.

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
$2.61/gal
« Reply #205 on: May 17, 2004, 11:27:47 PM »
We must be a lot smarter than those people then.  W00t.