Author Topic: B-24D 3dsmax  (Read 3940 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
B-24D 3dsmax
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2004, 05:50:31 PM »
Not realy cit .

HiTech

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
B-24D 3dsmax
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2004, 06:10:05 PM »
Originally posted by Nefarious

I think i'm gonna give my next USAF Phantom a ficticious name:

"Waste of Time"

:p@Batz

It may make you feel good but I just checked over at tw the CT is packed compared to the 2 folks over there flying in TR. TK is empty as usual.

Having a good looking model sitting on some ones hard drive is a waste of time :p

Theres 3 or 4 other Jet game out there thatr could probrably use a good model. Folks play those.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
B-24D 3dsmax
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2004, 08:05:39 PM »
well thats a total bummer,

gonna finish it anyway, will be good practice for the ultra hi res b24 i want to model :)

« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 09:29:57 PM by Citabria »
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
B-24D 3dsmax
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2004, 09:32:12 PM »
I could care less if the only people that play Target Hanoi are the people that created it.

If you dislike TW so much, take it off your Hard Drive. If you can tell how many people are playing in TR and TK then you must have downloaded both of them.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
lol
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2004, 09:38:19 PM »
chill
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
B-24D 3dsmax
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2004, 09:56:22 PM »
i think just building the stuff gives you more appreciation for the work others do.

after building maps and seeing how much work goes into them i dont critiscise anyone elses map.
I see how much work building 3d models is and how precise you must be to get accurate and good looking aircraft is not easy, any line just slightly out of place ruins the proportions of the model!

i think part of the fun for the designers of the targetware games and playing them as well is that they can create these planes and go fly them against other players.

as far as being a waste of time building 3d models, well who knows, I was pretty bumbed that no matter how few polygons i use or how accurate i make that liberator its never gonna fly in aces high, so i crashed and burned in that regard and it would seem my efforts to that end ar eindeed a waste of time if you want to look at it that way.

but considering i started the b24 as a practice model and it started looking good o i thought hmm maybe its usable. the up side is a few days ago i didnt know how to build a 3d airplane, or how to use 3dsmax hell i didnt know what splines meshs welds fuzes or any of that crap was till i started this experiment. well in that regard it was not a waste of time.

i dont think the effort the designers put into targetware games are a waste no matter what the outcome of the games in terms of popularity.

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
B-24D 3dsmax
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2004, 10:51:24 PM »
I could care less if the only people that play Target Hanoi are the people that created it.

If you dislike TW so much, take it off your Hard Drive. If you can tell how many people are playing in TR and TK then you must have downloaded both of them.

Please quote where I said I dislike TW. I simply stated the obvious. Of course I downloaded TW and my versions are current.

If you didn't care you wouldn't need to act out like that.

Cit,

I didn't mean that building the model would be a waste of time. Lots of folks enjoy that stuff. I am tinkering myself.

I meant that if one were to build a model specifically to put into a game for other folks to enjoy then there are games other then TW where said model would be enjoyed by a wider audience. For instance, FB/AEP.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
B-24D 3dsmax
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2004, 10:59:39 PM »
yep batz, I enjoy Aces High the most even though FB AEP looks better visually. and I am partial to HTC because they are the best. best game, best service, best everything. I enjoy the small town feel of HTC being able to call them and actually talk to them if theres a problem or have a map editing question. shows real class on their part to take the time to do that.
thats why i asked HTC if they could use it before I contemplated talking to the people at IL2 add on's to see if they are looking for a b24.

well I posted on their design board and it seems that the b-24 project over there was either abandoned or somthing but its unclear whats going on with it. anyways if they do use the model it would be cool to see it and shoot at is as an ai drone or a flyable model in their il2 pacific fighters add on, but seeing it in AH2 would have been way cooler.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
B-24D 3dsmax
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2004, 11:32:10 PM »
Originally posted by Batz
Of course I downloaded TW and my versions are current.

Then it seems then your part of the reason why:

Originally posted by Batz
TK is empty as usual.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
B-24D 3dsmax
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2004, 11:35:24 PM »
id like to see Target rabaul is it free to download?

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
B-24D 3dsmax
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2004, 11:45:28 PM »
Originally posted by Citabria
id like to see Target rabaul is it free to download?

Yep.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
B-24D 3dsmax
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2004, 11:50:29 PM »
where?

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
B-24D 3dsmax
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2004, 11:57:46 PM »

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
B-24D 3dsmax
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2004, 01:15:43 AM »
Then it seems then your part of the reason why:

No, the reason why is running multi projects at once without completing one to the point that makes it attractive to more players.

It seems to be a black whole for want to be game designers. As I said above if the player base were to develop then it would get the attention of other modelers. Look at FB/AEP as an example of what a good product can inspire. Hundreds within that community are contributing to the development of the game.

Don’t try to blame me. I am just a player. If there’s nothing to play I just move to the next one.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
B-24D 3dsmax
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2004, 08:27:45 AM »
Fester, I'd expect HTC won't take any model/object additions but the ones made with their chosen 3D editor.  The one they ask for in that Terrain Editor thread.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you