Author Topic: Anniversary of Columbine High School shooting  (Read 1766 times)

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Anniversary of Columbine High School shooting
« on: April 20, 2004, 12:44:49 PM »
A good website with a lot of information about the massacre, including photos, firearms, and timeline of events.

Things I learned: The father of Harris was a transport pilot in the Air Force, retired, and went to work for a flight safety company.  The father of Klebold was a geophysicist, his mother worked for community colleges.  Both boys were on medication for depression, which kept Eric Harris from becoming a Marine.  Both boys had criminal records leading up to the shooting.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 01:39:21 PM »
I believe these two young men are decorated representatives of evil and proof that pure evil is a tangible, real commodity in the human spirit.

Stay clear of evil my friends and be prepared at some point in life to defeat evil or be defeated by it.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 02:13:52 PM »
yep... there are evil people out there folks... making sure the populace is unable to defend against em is never a good plan..

contrast the outcome with the outcome in schools where the sheep reacted with a firearm in their hand instead of a rule book that told em there were no firearms allowed.

lazs

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 02:15:58 PM »
Proof that kids need parents, and that your careers should never stand between you and nurturing/raising your children to be the best they can be.  To limit what violence they are exposed to involving video games, what they watch on TV, and monitor their every move.  Be intrusive. Know who their friends are.  

Too bad they may hate you for a few awkward teenage years, they'll thank you later on in life.

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004, 02:21:32 PM »
I don't think I would want to be the one pointing the "finger" at the parents until I had walked in their shoes. You may be right and may be completely wrong too.
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 03:16:54 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
yep... there are evil people out there folks... making sure the populace is unable to defend against em is never a good plan..

contrast the outcome with the outcome in schools where the sheep reacted with a firearm in their hand instead of a rule book that told em there were no firearms allowed.

lazs

So you want every student armed? Good idea, so when the hormones are rageing and some kids have a schoolyard fight they instead have a shootout. Sweet.

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2004, 03:20:05 PM »
Actually, I think he meant the teachers, not the students.

Offline AdmRose

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/cmdrrose/index.html
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2004, 03:22:12 PM »
Originally posted by StabbyTheIcePic
So you want every student armed? Good idea, so when the hormones are rageing and some kids have a schoolyard fight they instead have a shootout. Sweet.

Works for the inner-cities, why not everywhere else?

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2004, 03:26:02 PM »
Originally posted by Lizking
Actually, I think he meant the teachers, not the students.

So when a teach snaps he/she can take out the whole classroom instead of screaming in a blind rage.

Offline dweebespit

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
      • http://www.websamba.org/danloz/
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2004, 03:35:18 PM »
Word:

If you want to blame Columbine on someone, how about going after good ol Eric and Dillion.

Parents, sure they're responsible for the upbringing of their kids, but do you really believe that going columbine (heh---couldn't resist) is something that was the result of poor upbringing?  Like had they read to the kids more this wouldn't have happened?  Let's try not to lose sight of the gravity of what we're talking about more.

To be honest, I've grown tired of people and their half bellybutton explanations for what went on there.  I still remember in high school when the witch hunt came down on anybody who had ever listened to a KMFDM or Marylin Manson CD.  Because.....of course.......it must be the music.

And I'm sure we all remember when it was video games that caused it?  Right?

Most recently we got that dribble from Mike Moore blaming it on the media.  

All wrong folks....it was just two way crazy kids.

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2004, 03:45:41 PM »
In tribute, I shall play the Columbine Doom level tonight.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2004, 03:56:46 PM »
Do some of you people actually think or are you simply media parrots?

yes I meant if the teachers that wish to carry concealed were allowed to.   I have not seen any case in the decades of concealed carry and the millions of concealed carry citizens where one "snapped" and went on a shooting spree...  

I have not seen that or cops that snapped and went on a shooting spree... A person could still have a gun and lose control and simply yell and scream or even throw things... he might even hit a student with his fists or stomp off in a rage... having a firearm would not make him turnm sociopath no matter what diane finestein tells you.

In allmost every case where an 'out of control pscho with a gun" is confronted by another gun he sanes right up and stops hostilities.

If the students didn't know if some of the teachers were armed or not then they simply would find another finestein approved hunting preserve to poach in.

lazs

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2004, 05:22:17 PM »
We had an armed officer at my high school and junior high for that matter. No big deal having an armed professional with a side arm, but its a different matter with allowing teachers to be armed. It only takes one idiot to leave their gun just sitting in a desk.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2004, 05:27:43 PM »
today is an evil day.:(
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2004, 05:35:06 PM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
today is an evil day.:(