Author Topic: Hitech Please Read This  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2004, 03:10:45 AM »
Though art a Dweeb of the highest order

Congrats Yeager.  I aspire to be as dweeby as you.  I am merely a rank and file dweeb, one of the unwashed masses.

I genuflect  before you, O' mighty Grand Poobah of dweebs!
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2004, 08:04:42 AM »
Freaky scary voice isn't it yeager!

(heard it the time he danced in a val vs P47 at 20k and won)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2004, 03:05:44 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
TEN KILLS DOWN THE TUBE for no reason at ALL!!!
...couldn't have happened to a nicer chap! ;)
:lol

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2004, 03:44:48 PM »
happens to me all the time...map bugs...trick is to stop inside a hanger, where 2 runways intersect or on the refuel pad...those are a bit over the top but definatly ensure that you get the message...

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2004, 08:38:20 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
I once got like 18 kills in a B5N and when I landed it, the server said "Im sorry Dave, I cant do that" or some such nonesnse.

I got so pissed I went outside and threw rocks into the evening sky challenging God to come down and smite me.  God just laughed and said in a thunder "Though art a Dweeb of the highest order".

!!!

omg lmao!!! hahah  Funniest thing I've ever seen Yeager post.. I loving almost fell outta my chair.. thanks guy.. hahahaha

dude

Offline HavocTM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2004, 10:07:03 AM »
What happened was...

I chased the 262s around for 45 minutes in my goon.  When you guys landed, I flew past and shot you with my .22 pistol out the cockpit window.

*I* got the kills... MUAHAHAHHAHA!!

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2004, 12:33:56 PM »
go back to the moon .... and take shake with ya....

Offline HavocTM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2004, 12:39:46 PM »
"On the Moon, nerds get their pants pulled down and they are spanked with Moonrocks."

Offline ChasR

• Copper Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2004, 01:21:18 PM »
"Problem wasnt with losing the kills. (ok it was a ditch so kills weren't lost) Just the ditch part. I think lazer was in the same state of mind I was at the time because I could hear multiple beer cans opening up as things were smashing about the tower."

Kills aren't lost when you get captured or die either.  In fact one score whoring tactic is to fly till you die.  Keeps the kills per hour up and the kills per sortie up.  Of course you go land if you're out of ammo.  No point dieing unnecessarily.

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2004, 01:57:47 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
THis post was to address a problem and have it looked at (and sure, whine a little  in the process) :aok

You really think this post was best way to have a problem looked at?...Ya right...whine.:rolleyes:

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2004, 01:58:55 PM »
Kills aren't lost when you get captured or die either. In fact one score whoring tactic is to fly till you die. Keeps the kills per hour up and the kills per sortie up. Of course you go land if you're out of ammo. No point dieing unnecessarily.

You are completely missing the point here ChasR. And I think it is because you have blinders on to anything but score whoring being the problem here with getting a ditch on the runway.

I dont fly for rank, I don't fly for score. If I did fly for rank and score I wouldn't be dropping eggs on CV's with lancasters, furballing in massive fights.

When I go up in a fighter or a Bomber, or hell even a GV for that matter, I make every single effort to make it back and land successfuly. No matter how much damage my plane may take I make every effort to fly it home and land it. Is that score whoring? I really dont think so. I call it doing the best one can to complete a flight.

The problem was with a bug on the map. And if you would have read through this thread proporly you could have seen where I even stated after this thread was up that this topic was not meant to be in the General BB. But thats neither here nor there...

I think you need to read through this thread a bit futher to get all the information. You may just find that this thread wasn't a gripe about lost kills but rather getting ditches by landing on a runway. Some of which were far from being damaged or destroyed.

Those who yell score potato just dont bother to look at the bigger picture. They dont bother to try and understand why in the world this thread is even up. Its to address a problem on a map. You fly for 30 minutes, have 10 good fights, kills what ever, make sure you dont die, dont get caught up with some stupid mistake, land on your own runway and get a ditch... Do all that and you can't tell me you wouldn't be a little aggrivated, and maybe a bit mystified as to why you just got a ditch, or more so, why everyone who just landed on that runway got a ditch.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline ChasR

• Copper Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2004, 02:42:23 PM »
Morph,
A quote from you:
" I am a filthy rotten score potato."
I was just giving you some pointers.:D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 02:50:00 PM by ChasR »

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2004, 02:59:52 PM »
Originally posted by ChasR
Morph,
A quote from you:
" I am a filthy rotten score potato."
I was just giving you some pointers.

That remark was meant for those who interpreted this thread being about score whoring and concern for rank ect. Time to learn some sarcasm:rolleyes:

And if i was concerned about score whoring a ditch doesnt count as a death, so that would have very little effect on my rank.

If I wanted to become a score potato and fly for rank and rank alone; losing the real meaning of the game in the process, you'd be the last person I'd come to for advice.

Keep your blinders on and find another thread. You have nothing of importance to add here.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 03:01:58 PM by Morpheus »

Offline ChasR

• Copper Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2004, 03:30:02 PM »
Were it not for your inflated ego, the original post would have gone in the bug reports, Not a 'Hitech please read this" thread in general discussion.

You got a ditch.  It had no effect on your rank, whether it matters or not.  You did lose some perks and for that I sympathize with you.  I'm also sorry everybody else didn't know you got the kills.  Nothing like the wtg's.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2004, 03:53:46 PM »
Addressing a problem on the map has nothing to do with Ego.  As I stated, and also appoligized, this thread is for the bug forums. But you; and yeah, it looks like you proved me right again here, with your blinders on refuse to look at all the facts and all that was siad here from the begining.

Taking things out of context is a very dangerous thing to do. It turns the original discusion and topic into an entirely different one. As some here; you for one, have chosen to do.

Being upset about getting a ditch and not getting a sucsesful landing is one thing.

And that in itself is not worthy of discussing.

But having it happen on your own base, on your own runway with no dammage to your plane is in my view is a worthy topic of discussion.

Could I have gone about it in a nicer, more "friendly" manner?

Well duh, of course I could have. Again thats besides the point. The point I wanted to make, did make and way out of the range of the point you tried to make a few posts back.  

Turning this into a pissing contest is the worst thing that can happen here. The topic dies. And that is not the ultimate goal here.

I simply and politely asked you to step aside and move along. You have up to now, not brought a single thing to the table that is worthy of being read and thought about. Your ideas and comments are way off base and out of line of what we were talking about and what I posted about in the first place.

If you want to view that as me being an egotistical ahole, well we can't all be perfect now can we?;)