Author Topic: Hitech Please Read This  (Read 2318 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Hitech Please Read This
« on: May 02, 2004, 02:25:03 AM »
Ok i am going to try and explain this in a calm an cool manner.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tonight, Lazer and I were over a base capping it... We had 10+ kills each and were hanging around waiting for the base to be taken. This is field A28 on the current MA Map.

The base was captured (we captured it) and we landed... Waited for Kappa to land and then ended flight... Here's where I become angry:mad:

Hit the tower button and nothing... No 10 kills... Not a &&*&$$@#*&%^^&@@% thing! Only message we got was "YOU HAVE DITCHED"

TEN KILLS DOWN THE TUBE for no reason at ALL!!!

Lazer and I weren't the only ones who had this happen to us... Anyone who landed at this base also got a Ditch.

Not only did this happen on this night mind you... AtrmeJ also has gotten a "You have Ditched" message in worst of all... A 262 and 163!!! On different occations at different fields.

I dont care about lost kills due to dying from bullets... But lost kills EVEN a ditch on my OWN BASE is just down right REDICULOUS!

This happening to one person, sure I would buy the "freak accident" thing... But this happening to everyone who landed at this base... Having this happening to XtrmeJ twice at two different bases is not just a "freak accident."
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 02:34:44 AM »
calm down.  it is a terrain bug
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 02:58:53 AM »
Geez Morph.  Like Skull says, it's just a terrain bug.  Depending on which terrain it's probably nothing to do with HT.  Send a bug report to the map builder pointing out that the runway at field X ain't right.

Oh and in the meantime, talk to Nilsen, he's got something that might calm you down a little and make life seem a little more colourful......

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2004, 03:22:25 AM »
LOL, wow.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2004, 04:18:16 AM »
Just goes to show no matter how much time you have in the game we all have an inner Noob that itches to get out.......

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2004, 04:45:24 AM »
I've yet to see an angry newb. So that rules out sch.. shauden.. Shaudenwhatever's attempt to strike morpheus. He is pointing out a problem which he did not know the answer to, until it was pointed out here. He has the right to be angry, even though he is sucha  mellow guy this is obviously a lil joke of exageration. Good way to get your point accross mind you! (sarcasm for the intellectually impaired). What he says tis true though.

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2004, 04:48:30 AM »
Wasn't laughing at Morpheus, rather at all of us who as we sit there having lost those 10 kills or forgot to put the wheels down after a 262 run and cry out (mostly to ourselves it's true) just how unfair it all is.....

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2004, 04:56:39 AM »
I think the basic informatal peice here was how X base has a problem with landing. He added the loosing 10 kills part because it shows another problem. Since landing kills is a feature, landing and not getting that message creates a problem and ppl will get frusterated. Since a huge percentage of game players love to see that message. That is why people land dont they, well most anyway.

I see what you are saying, but I think it may be a veering in the wrong direction here hehe. It is infact, not necessarily unfair, but aggrivating to some people. Still it is a problem and should be fixed. Otherwise take out landing period, or fix the current problem :p

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2004, 05:18:11 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out why he thinks he lost the kills.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2004, 06:45:44 AM »
Yeah....he still got the kills, it was the kill message he didn't get to broadcast :D

Tronsky
« Last Edit: May 02, 2004, 06:55:25 AM by -tronski- »
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2004, 07:05:40 AM »
Man, there are many people that I would not want to be around when they have real life problems.

Perhaps however, these folks don’t even notice real life problems because they are emotionally spent after playing computer games.

eskimo

Offline lada

• Silver Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2004, 07:34:22 AM »
How long did lazer Cry ??

orel

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
lil different
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2004, 09:14:14 AM »
how bout this one: while fighting 2 cons I killed the 1st one the second gets me and my squadie kills him. With me so far? Ok, right after killing that con we see a message landed 2 kills. My squadie is still staring at the text wich says you killed so and so just above so and so landed 2 kills in a whatever

we got screenshots and film of it. when we asked him about we got no response....ever. i've never heard of nor seen this bug before.
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2004, 09:16:16 AM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
Man, there are many people that I would not want to be around when they have real life problems.

Perhaps however, these folks don’t even notice real life problems because they are emotionally spent after playing computer games.

eskimo

times like this im proud to be brittish  :D
(oooops. tried to quote your python text. didnt work   d'oh)
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Re: Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2004, 09:56:29 AM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS

The base was captured (we captured it) and we landed... Waited for Kappa to land and then ended flight... Here's where I become angry:mad:

Hit the tower button and nothing... No 10 kills... Not a &&*&$$@#*&%^^&@@% thing! Only message we got was "YOU HAVE DITCHED"

TEN KILLS DOWN THE TUBE for no reason at ALL!!

Golly gee....... I sure hope this wasn`t Kappa`s search and destroy the goons sortie. Muhahahahahaahaaaaaaaaa
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------