Author Topic: Hitech Please Read This  (Read 2317 times)

Offline ChasR

• Copper Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2004, 04:40:39 PM »
Had you written more clearly, I'd have stayed out of this thread and left you alone.  You implied that you lost your kills if you were captured or killed.  I merely pointed out thats not the case.
I must admit this forum stuff is fun.  To date I've stayed out of the general discussion threads and stuck to the Hardware/and Software and Technical support forums,  which I'm sure you'll want me to return to.  There it's pretty black and white, no passion no emotion.  Here the passion a  terrain bug can gererate is mindbogling.
Morpheus, you're a good stick.  I've seen you fly and have respect for your abilities, you've probably earned the right to puff your chest out. However, you're not king of the forum, and I'll leave the thread when I like, not at your direction.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2004, 05:10:27 PM »
you've probably earned the right to puff your chest out

No one earns the right, nor are they ever entitled to do so because they fly better than one person or the next. I appoligize if that is how I came off to you or anyone else.

As I have stated quite a few times in the past here, landing a long and well fought flight only to get a ditch is very, well upsetting. The simple fact that I began this thread not more than 10 minutes after the fact is a direct reflection on the tone I used in my initial post.

One thing that really gets to me is when someone calls the other a score potato for trying to land kills and do their absolute best to fly well, fight great and not die. I am sorry to anyone who thinks that is being a score potato, but you are just down right wrong. I've seen it said in the MA and strongly disagree with them when I see it.

And I am not talking about you in particular ChasR. I am refering to anyone and everyone who thinks that.

To date I've stayed out of the general discussion threads and stuck to the Hardware/and Software and Technical support forums, which I'm sure you'll want me to return to

Actually its rather fun talking and debating with you. It gives me somthing to do here at my desk. Paper work can only be so exciting before it becomes old and weary.

you're not king of the forum

A wise man once said "I pitty the fool!" who thinks they are the king of the forum. Good Gawd what a horrid title to have to hold.

Anyways, adding insult to injury, and trying to point out insignificant misleading information is all in which I was asking you not to do. If you wanted to discuse the terrain, the bug, and the fact that people have gotten ditches on runways that were perfectly intact, I would have given you a better, more polite response. But wise and smart comments like advise on being a score potato will never be taken seriously by me nor get a serious response. It was nothing personaly towards you, only the comment/comments you made.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline ChasR

• Copper Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2004, 06:01:42 PM »
Morph,
I didn't say you were a score potato and didn't mean to imply you were, and don't care one way or the other.  When I made my interjection in the thread, I had no idea, other than your own affirmative statement, whether you are or aren't a score potato.  If sarcasm was involved in that statement, it didn't come across in writing.  Perhaps I would have come across better had I put an If you really want to become a score potato in there and ended with a :D.  That would have expressed my sentiments more precisely.  

I should have guessed I'd find somebody looking for a verbal joust among this crowd:) Unless you can come up with something good, I'd say we've worn this one out.  I'm out.

Peace.  None of this matters anyway.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2004, 07:20:51 PM »
None of this matters anyway.

WOW lol! took us long enough to come to that statment. All excpet for that pesky "ditch" part wouldn't you say?
Ahh well, we can't get everything we want.

The end.

all

PS- HTC still needs to rectify this whole Ditch thing on a seemingly perfect runway. If its destroyed it shouldn't show up as being there... It should be grass, something, anything but a runway. And when you get a ditch on a virgin or unskathed base, there is something wrong there also.

One last question-
When a runway is destroyed, does the person who finally does destroy it get a message?

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2004, 08:03:24 PM »
This thread reminds me of all the times ive lost multiple kill sorties do to the ground being in my way ...   :D

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2004, 02:09:59 AM »
If you want to view that as me being an egotistical ahole, well we can't all be perfect now can we

I think you are a poopy bottomed, dumb dumb head.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2004, 02:10:12 AM »
If you want to view that as me being an egotistical ahole, well we can't all be perfect now can we

Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline koda76

• Copper Member
      • http://home.earthlink.net/~dwdishman/
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2004, 01:25:38 PM »
Benn there done that

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2004, 01:41:22 PM »
Originally posted by Steve

LOL Steve:D

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Hitech Please Read This
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2004, 02:08:41 PM »
... and he even called you that TWICE ... I guess he really meant it ... :D
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."