Author Topic: Prisoner Abuse  (Read 6453 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2004, 02:40:53 PM »
good point SaburoS

on the flip side, maybe we will be less likely to take prisoners..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2004, 02:43:13 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
good point SaburoS

Yes maybe we will just start executing them in the streets like  you would like us to.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 02:51:11 PM by StabbyTheIcePic »

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2004, 02:45:03 PM »
Originally posted by StabbyTheIcePic
Yes maybe we will just start executing them in the streets like  you would like us to. People like you make me sick.

Better watch the personal attacks or you'll get banned again.

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2004, 02:46:54 PM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1

Hey for once it aint me LOL.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2004, 02:48:03 PM »
Originally posted by txmx
Hey for once it aint me LOL.

You were banned before?:confused:
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2004, 02:50:57 PM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1

This entire situation has gotten my emotions a little high, i will edit it a little. Banned again? what are you talking about?

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2004, 02:59:28 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
good point SaburoS

At the cost of more coalition lives as those that would of surrendered will fight on to the death.

All because of some absolutely STUPID IDIOTIC actions by several bad apples.

In this war, we're not going to recover from this, unfortunetly.

Oh, Don't let anyone kid themselves as to how damaging this is. This is going to affect other battles we're fighting in Afghanistan as well.

We're going to lose a lot of good people in needless, extended fighting because of this.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2004, 03:00:21 PM »
Stabby. Look at the utter revulsion of the treatment of those prisoners in the US and around the world.  I would be stunned to hear that this was some sort of 'institutionalised practice'. Because a few people behave abysmally and the pictures are splashed all over the press there is created a conception that this is a practice which is condoned or even encouraged.

People who think that way are daft.

Now, I don't think for one minute that most right minded Americans would blame the whole of the Iraqi people for the way those 4 US contractors were treated by a few. That is the reverse of the coin.

As Lasz said earlier, war can brutalize some people, and with hundreds of thousands of soldiers running around in Iraq, you are going to find some bad eggs.

Ravs

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2004, 03:01:48 PM »
tor·ture    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (tôrchr)
n.

1. a) Infliction of severe physical pain as a means of punishment or coercion.
 b) An instrument or a method for inflicting such pain.

2. Excruciating physical or mental pain; agony: the torture of waiting in suspense.

3. Something causing severe pain or anguish.

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2004, 03:08:55 PM »
Originally posted by ravells
Stabby. Look at the utter revulsion of the treatment of those prisoners in the US and around the world.  I would be stunned to hear that this was some sort of 'institutionalised practice'. Because a few people behave abysmally and the pictures are splashed all over the press there is created a conception that this is a practice which is condoned or even encouraged.

People who think that way are daft.

Now, I don't think for one minute that most right minded Americans would blame the whole of the Iraqi people for the way those 4 US contractors were treated by a few. That is the reverse of the coin.

As Lasz said earlier, war can brutalize some people, and with hundreds of thousands of soldiers running around in Iraq, you are going to find some bad eggs.

Ravs

Sure there are bad eggs, so why have they done nothing with the bad eggs in the private sector over there.

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2004, 03:15:41 PM »
That is an interesting point, Stabby. As private contractors - and I find that concept laughable, given that these people are wearing army uniforms - are they subject to military law?

If 'private contractors' who wear the uniform and are given weapons are not subject to the same discipline and punishment the rest of the forces are subject to, then why not make the whole Army, Airforce and Navy 'private contractors'?

These people ought to be punished for two reasons:

First, it will give some credibility back to the US
Second, it might save some lives.

If they are not being punished there is something seriously rotten in the state of Denmark.

Ravs

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2004, 03:32:38 PM »
Steve, You care nothing, I know, but I you for this:

Thank you Naso.  Although I am opinionated and often beligerent, I do care what people think about me.

More importantly, I care about what people outside of the U.S think about my country.  We want the world to be with us,  so we need to be as close to being above reproach as a country can get in this matter.  If this is a somewhat isolated incident, fine, punish the offenders.... but we need to  make damned sure that it does not happen again.

If it happens once, it's  mistake. If it continues, it's a policy.  I cannot abide my country behaving this way as a matter of policy.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2004, 03:33:43 PM »
These people ought to be punished for two reasons:

I agree with your reason Ravs, please allow me to add another:

3.  because what they did was WRONG.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2004, 03:37:53 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
Thank you Naso.  Although I am opinionated and often beligerent, I do care what people think about me.

More importantly, I care about what people outside of the U.S think about my country.  We want the world to be with us,  so we need to be as close to being above reproach as a country can get in this matter.  If this is a somewhat isolated incident, fine, punish the offenders.... but we need to  make damned sure that it does not happen again.

If it happens once, it's  mistake. If it continues, it's a policy.  I cannot abide my country behaving this way as a matter of policy.

Steve,
You got my respect sir ~S~! Kudos for your statements here.
I feel the exact same way about our country.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
Prisoner Abuse
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2004, 03:49:10 PM »
Steve. Yes, and especially that.

Ravs