Author Topic: AH-64 Video Court Martials "Smoke Em"  (Read 1804 times)

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
AH-64 Video Court Martials "Smoke Em"
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2004, 12:49:35 AM »
Krath...rpm....well said.

Thank you

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2004, 09:53:00 AM »
What bull****. Fisk needs to spend some patrolling and checkpoint time for a litle perspective.

Charon

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2004, 10:34:26 AM »
that's it, I'm changing my name to Fred
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2004, 10:36:59 AM »
I thought the whole idea was to shoot the enemy. I wouldn't give them any chances to shoot back.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline tapakeg

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2004, 10:45:57 AM »
I remember a conversation with one of my pilots when I was a crewchief on an AH-64's in the 101st a while back  (desert storm)  I wasn't there, they were............

They had some targets in FLIR.  they also had some obvious people running around.  They were military targets fair game.  If i remember correctly they were miltary trucks towing artillery.  He said they put a few 30mm rounds in front of the truck, very much startling the people there because they were so far away they did not even hear the rotor's.  After the people had fled for shelter they put some laser guided helfires on the artillery rendering them useless.  

He said he knew those people did not want to be there but they both had jobs to do, he just wanted to take out the military targets.

i'll always remember that conversation.

I always hope that all people on both sides of the trigger have that much compassion and control.

Tapakeg
You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2004, 11:00:02 AM »
It's too bad they weren't carrying any flechette rockets.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2004, 12:08:43 PM »
Originally posted by Raubvogel
It's too bad they weren't carrying any flechette rockets.

Nah, I don't like them French rockets.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline strk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2004, 03:41:51 PM »
I didnt know it was against Geneva convention to shoot a wounded enemy.

Also - how would he pilot/gunner have known whether or not the Iraqi was still able to fire on them?  assuming he had he rpg he could still fire it when wounded.

war is hell.  and that is the reason we should not ever rush into war.

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2004, 03:43:39 PM »
Guys, for the full length 4 minute video - goto http://www.militaryvideos.net   You will see BT links - and then you will have the full view and judge for yourself.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2004, 04:27:05 PM »
the wounded man wanted to live all he had to do is sit still or roll in the same spot. Crawling towards his SA-7,Stinger or whatnot RPG crap isnt a good idea. Seriously if there is a man with a few cuts 10ftin front of you who wants to kill you "Amerika is teh suXX0r people and he is crawling towards a gun what would you do?
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline hawker238

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2004, 04:31:23 PM »
Originally posted by Pooh21
the wounded man wanted to live all he had to do is sit still or roll in the same spot. Crawling towards his SA-7,Stinger or whatnot RPG crap isnt a good idea. Seriously if there is a man with a few cuts 10ftin front of you who wants to kill you "Amerika is teh suXX0r people and he is crawling towards a gun what would you do?

Did you see the video?  He wasn't moving towards a gun or anything, he was just writhing in pain and floundering around in the open.

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2004, 04:34:48 PM »
Sucks to be him then.  Shouldnt have tried his crap in the first place then its war remember

edit: better make myself clear. next time there is a "Heat"style bank robbery in your area I dare you to drive at the nearest police roadbloack and pull out one of those handycams that are black and fit in the palm of your hand and charge the officcers and see where it gets ya.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2004, 04:38:46 PM by Pooh21 »

Offline hawker238

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2004, 04:38:15 PM »
Allegedly, the Geneva convention thinks differently.

So what if American POW's were tortured in Vietnam?  They shouldn't of 'tried their crap.'

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2004, 04:44:25 PM »
Ok here is an enemy with a gun, I could care less if he was a nazi with an 88 pointed at a sherman, an American with a thompson, or whatnot pointed at the protaganist of this tale as long as he has the ability to shoot you, it is A-OK to shoot him. Do you know how simple it is to operate an RPG or SA-7 or Stinger? Do you know how many time people with "mortal" wounds continued and killed? look up Baby Face Nelson.  Its war, war sucks. if there is an enemy near a gun and he doesnt surrender then he needs to be killed. But if he surrenders then its a different story. and if you go against the rules of warfare then one needs to be punished.

Offline hawker238

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2004, 04:57:05 PM »
Right.  Go watch the video.