Author Topic: AH Community missing the fun.  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
AH Community missing the fun.
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2004, 12:57:16 AM »
I haven't beem more excited about Aces High since I first started playing

So many new "little tid bits" its overwhelming at times. From bullet holes riddleing your plane, blood spatterd all over the cockpit from pilot wounds, oil all over the canopy from an oil hit.

You can now "de-ack" a CV group!!! LOL Kill the radar on it as well.  There is just too many new and exciting things to list.

If you haven't started playing AH2 yet then you're really missing out folks.

Here's some pics of a CV in deacking process :P

Also radar is blown up and smoking like crazy!

If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2004, 01:12:04 AM »
can't wait for actual flames gfx instead of blinding by smoke only.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2004, 01:17:53 AM »
actually there are flames... Tho I do think there is a bug here with the flames. I need to do some playing around before I can be sure. What seems to happen is when you destroy the radar tower on the CV. The flames apear but stay in that spot where the CV was when the radar tower was destroyed... And the CV moves along while the flames stay behind hoovering over the water :)
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2004, 01:21:32 AM »
What I like in AH2 best is the reduction of ack/buff gunner leathality. Now I can actually attack both of them without fully intending for it to be a suicide ride.

For some reason the ack has always had a taste for me, just last week I lost a 6 kill sortie to a heavy ack sending me to tower. And I've played something like 8 hours total in 2 months - it was the 2nd or 3rd time I even dared to go in ack range.

Humans I can deal with.. but my computer always seems to beat me with ack runs.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2004, 01:51:34 AM »
Ok,
but I mean real sized flames of combustible fed by the open-air wind... not just an expanding black buff sprite:).

Siaf, you must be doing the same thing wrong each time if it gets you so much, I remember deacking a large field was the easiest thing I could do when I first started AH.  Now I do about as bad as you describe.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2004, 06:08:30 AM »
AH 2 ROCKS
Good point Hajo, need more ppl in there!
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2004, 08:09:28 AM »
I don't know.. if the FM makes it even harder for early war planes I will probly like it even less than the current horde warriors that is AHI..

Mostly it seems that the guys who don't fly anything like me like AHII.

mostly tho.. my puter is getting outdated.. don't really need less framerate.   Don't care to set up for AHII till I have to and then I guess I will decide if it is fun for me or not.   Most of what I have heard doesn't sound that fun tho.

lazs

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2004, 08:27:22 AM »
Wed night (5/12) I counted 31 on the roster. 19 rooks, 11 bish, and 1 nit. Great fun in there! The way the patches and the game is going the launch date may be coming up fast.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2004, 08:35:31 AM »
Lazs2 i do not understand why you think it will make it even harder for early war planes.

I think it was Urchin flying a zeke in AH2 the other day and a right pain in the bellybutton he was too :)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2004, 09:00:11 AM »
two things... urchin is a little more talented than the average and... UK guys like AH2... for the most part... if UK guys like something in AH.... I don't.

lazs

Offline Icer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2004, 09:14:39 AM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
actually there are flames... Tho I do think there is a bug here with the flames. I need to do some playing around before I can be sure.

Yeah, maybe you should take a group of B17's over to the CV and... oops.

:eek:

Sorry about wreckin that '17 run for ya Morph, but you did de-Spit me a few times so we're even..
Slappy told me to do it!!

:aok
Win11 Pro 23H2/ Asus Z790-PLUS D4, / i9-13900KF @5.8Gz, 64GB DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce 4090 - 546.33 drivers/ 3 Samsung 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / TIR 5/ TM Warthog HOTAS w/VirPil stick base/ MFG V3 Pedals/ TM MFDs on 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP/ Varjo Aero VR

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2004, 09:17:17 AM »
I played some AH2 last night.  It's good fun, but I still don't notice anything remarkably different about the gunnery.  Some things in the game itself have changed, like the inability to see hit sprites when a plane is under your nose and out of sight.  That doesn't necessarily make gunnery more difficult, but you do have to adjust to it.

I expect that most players, after a brief period of getting used to the gameplay and flight model differences in AH2, will find that their hit percentages mirror those in AH1.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2004, 09:25:37 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I don't know.. if the FM makes it even harder for early war planes I will probly like it even less than the current horde warriors that is AHI..

Mostly it seems that the guys who don't fly anything like me like AHII.

mostly tho.. my puter is getting outdated.. don't really need less framerate.   Don't care to set up for AHII till I have to and then I guess I will decide if it is fun for me or not.   Most of what I have heard doesn't sound that fun tho.

lazs

Lazs ... come on now. I DO fly planes like you. Poop and Levi were in there last night and we seemed to be having fun ... for the most part ... eh Lev ?

I have spend a good amount of time in AH II and I can testify that the FM has not neutered the early war planes. Ask Lev too.

The Spit V is fine, the Hurri is fine, and the F6F is a monster.  Only caveat is that Pyro has hobbled the FM2 by turning off WEP. We are hoping that he has a heart and turns it back on.

Lazs ... my grandmother use to say ... "You can't con a conner". Drop the excuses, get up off your ***, and get in there ... ;)
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2004, 11:08:49 AM »
I'd go in there more, but outside US prime time, the arena is deserted. Still, I've just DLed Beta29, and will probably practise offline at least.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2004, 11:10:34 AM »
Other than getting my arse shot off by all the same guys that shoot my arse off in AHI, I didnt see anything wrong with AHII last night.

I wasnt much more help than a target drone to distract guys so Levi and others could kill 'em but I had fun anyway. :)