Author Topic: AP:Iraqi Artillery Shells with WMDs Found  (Read 1884 times)

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
AP:Iraqi Artillery Shells with WMDs Found
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2004, 05:34:32 AM »
Originally posted by WilldCrd
i would hardly call a 155mm artillery round a "grenade"

a lot of guys here are translating from other languages.  I could be wrong (I only speak English and limited southerner), but isn't grenade French for bomb?

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2004, 05:51:32 AM »
Originally posted by straffo
FYI do you know we still find shells full of hyperite and other gaz in france almost 1 century after WWI ?

In the light of that do you still find strange there is some shell full of combat gaz some 20 year after the Iraq/iran war ?

Well, since the Iraqis did not have binary arty shells during the Iran/Iraq war...yes, kinda.

The situation is kinda similar to that if a French peasant would find a cruise missile "from ww1" in his fields.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 05:53:39 AM by Hortlund »

Offline babek-

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.tripod.com/KG51EDELWEISS
Re: Re: AP:Iraqi Artillery Shells with WMDs Found
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2004, 05:52:33 AM »
English was the 4th language I learned and I am sure that there are many funny mistakes in my text :)

With "artillery grenade" I meant the thing they put in the artillery guns. Not a hand-grenade.

Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2004, 05:57:40 AM »
NP i was prolly being to literal meself
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2004, 06:36:46 AM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
Well, since the Iraqis did not have binary arty shells during the Iran/Iraq war...yes, kinda.

The situation is kinda similar to that if a French peasant would find a cruise missile "from ww1" in his fields.

Didn't know that , I tought it was a technologie already availlable during Iraq/Iran war.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2004, 06:42:36 AM »
Originally posted by capt. apathy
a lot of guys here are translating from other languages.  I could be wrong (I only speak English and limited southerner), but isn't grenade French for bomb?

Right, a Grenade can be a 40 mm shell or a hand-grenade

it can be this :

or this :

it can be also the town of Granada in Andalousia
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 06:46:22 AM by straffo »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
don't you guys know anything?
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2004, 07:12:46 AM »
the shell/bomb was a CIA plant.. now back to the butt bandits in MA & how this makes the US a more "modern" country thread :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2004, 07:30:26 AM »
Hortlund: From 1991

http://www.fas.org/irp/gulf/cia/970825/970613_dim37_91d_txt_0001.html

2.       IRAQ IS LIKELY TO RETAIN A SIGNIFICANT CHEMICAL WEAPON
STOCKPILE FOR SOME TIME, ALTHOUGH 1TS NERVE AGENT STOCKS ARE BEING
REDUCED BY SPOILAGE AND PROBABLY WILL BE MILITARILY INEFFECTIVE
AFTER 31 MARCH.  IRAQ'S BINARY STOCKS AND BLISTER AGENTS WILL REMAIN
TOXIC FOR A LONGER TIME.
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2004, 09:50:32 AM »
Lizking I do not know where or if sarin has ever been used as a  pesticide.  I should have been clearer. What I failed to relay was my recollection to one of the many other times the "WMD FOUND!" sarin alarms went off...

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0407-09.htm
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 12:15:26 PM by Westy »

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2004, 12:01:26 PM »

Terence Taylor, another former UN inspector, said the shell's separate chambers were unusual, since it was not known Iraq had such advanced technology.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2004, 03:31:50 PM »
Hortlund is a living example of why the Swedish judicial system is laughed upon all over this planet.

If he indeed works in a court as anything more than a janitor with a web access. :rolleyes:

"You have denied it, GS has denied it, Duedel has denied it, Blitz denied it, in fact most of the anti-war crowd has denied that Iraq had WMDs."

The fact remains that a college boy could produce more Sarin in 10 days of research than what's found in the whole Iraq so far. The religious attacks in Japanese subways contained a thousand-fold amount of Sarin.

With Hortlunds logic, Japan should be immediately annihilated for harbouring WMD as the cult members were (and possibly are) in possession of it. :lol

How can a person be so dumb.

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2004, 03:33:04 PM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
Hortlund is a living example of why the Swedish judicial system is laughed upon all over this planet.

If he indeed works in a court as anything more than a janitor with a web access. :rolleyes:

"You have denied it, GS has denied it, Duedel has denied it, Blitz denied it, in fact most of the anti-war crowd has denied that Iraq had WMDs."

The fact remains that a college boy could produce more Sarin in 10 days of research than what's found in the whole Iraq so far. The religious attacks in Japanese subways contained a thousand-fold amount of Sarin.

With Hortlunds logic, Japan should be immediately annihilated for harbouring WMD as the cult members were (and possibly are) in possession of it. :lol

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2004, 03:57:15 PM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf

ahhh  ....

lighten up Frances:rolleyes:

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2004, 04:15:59 PM »
Originally posted by Hortlund

Here you lie.

[/B]

anylink ?

I will give one link and cut/paste to prove you speak BS dear

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/06/25/iraq/main560449.shtml

"The former top U.S. weapons inspector in Iraq, David Kay, said it was possible the shell was an old relic overlooked when Saddam said he had destroyed such weapons in the mid-1990s. "

"U.S. officials believe, based on evidence, that the shell was an experimental munition produced before the 1991 Gulf War, called a binary type — a bomb carrying two separate chemicals that when combined in an explosion, produce sarin. "

SO hell yeah ... what an advanced technology

Come on and tell me, where did i lie ?