Author Topic: The MA has invaded the Beta Arena!  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
The MA has invaded the Beta Arena!
« on: May 18, 2004, 09:11:33 AM »
For the last 4 days, it was possible for all 3 countries to fight in the A1, A4, and A5 area of the Beta Map.  Until this morning.

Great time to learn any new twists in FM and Gunnery.  Check out the skins on your opponents aircraft while fighting etc.

Great fights too!  Knits, Rooks and Bish battling it out in the above area....until some moron decided to capture A1 for the Rook side.  There were 51 of us in there last night.

As it stands now....the 3 sided fight has become 2.  I know it's Beta and you can change sides.  I have several times.  Flew knit, Rook and Bish....but this really puts a damper on the fun.

Can't we just leave the base capture alone for a short while?

The MA mentality unfortunately has permeated the Beta Arena.
Hey...it's your money I understand that, give it a break for a few days willya?

Looking at the map....only ones that are taking bases are Rook and Knit...I know you have to practice....but please take the bases that aren't being used if you want to see how capturing will work out in the new AH2...let the players at least have some fun for a shortwhile anyway before Lemming Season comes in.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 07:01:50 PM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
^^^^
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 09:19:31 AM »
what he said - just a reminder, scoring is disabled
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 09:43:07 AM »
lol, Hajo last night around 8pmest bish owned all of the middle island except 43 and they was going for it , rooks and bish had A4 porked to death and if you wanted a 1/2 descent fight you had to up A50 or A9 and fly to A4/A5 area  and bish were vulching cherry picking everything at A4 trying to take it, I guess what goes around comes around just different times of the day ya know. Be nice if they would stop, but I guess the base capture and stuff needs to be tested also.
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 09:59:46 AM »
It's all part of the testing the beta.  Stop the whine.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 10:07:24 AM »
TC.....my post was aimed at all.  Doesn't specify which country is the culprit.  Just stated facts on bases owned this AM on the Map.

Main Island had 3 airfields Bish, Rook and Knit from inception until this AM.

A1 was only base Bish had on Island...and that would be ok.  A1 being still involved with 4 and 5 area.  Fighting started with this Map on main island only......then base captures moved fighting from A1, A4 and A5....which allowed a central area for all 3 to fight.

Hell....no problem with giving up bases on Main Islands of countries as far as I'm concerned.....just leave a place where all 3 countries can fight.  I don't giv-a-dam if any takes HQs'. Or bombs them off the map!  Plenty of undefended bases to go around for all,  Take them with most peoples blessing...but this is Beta, people checking out as I said in above post many things involved with AH2.  There is no scoring...which is unimportant to me, but might be to someone else.

There are times when this would probably not concern me in the least.....like in the MA as it is now.  Just blow it off as part of the game.  However this IS a Beta testing Arena...and an opportunity
for some of us to fight....that we don't regularly have.  I rarely see Straffo and Urchin on...Curval too!  But I've gotten the opportunity to tangle with them in the Beta...and it's been fun.

Conversely from the above......where I stated that in the MA I would just and say that's the game as it is....In this rare instance I'm feeling I wouldn't mind if it went back to 30$/month.
Unfortunately there's always one ******* at the party with his head buried in the Punch Bowl.......give people a chance in the Beta anyway to experience the new additions to AH2 FM, Graphics, etc. before making it a two sided fight....let's try to keep everyone involved.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2004, 10:07:57 AM »
Sun....evidently you don't get the point.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2004, 10:12:41 AM »
I agree with Hajo , part of the fun was to have the old AH1 beta behaviour with fight ,fight and fight and less hordes.

Having a new stick since less than 1 week I'm really back to AH1 beta when I was a complete newbie ...

I should have the same K/D also :D hopefully stat are disabled for now ...

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2004, 10:18:13 AM »
Straffo...what jstick you get?
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2004, 10:35:23 AM »
A few of us Rooks snuck back to Furball isle and Took back 3 bases last night  ...  :p  

Its sorta like the early days of ah1 in there (us rooks are out numbered again and we're kicking tail )
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2004, 10:36:29 AM »
I know Hajo, I seen all countries trying to play land grab in AH2 beta, it is plain ole stupid I think,  but heck, I get yelled at by certian people on my own country in the MA when I am looking for a good fight and they want to land grab.

I too want to test out what the improved flight model does and how gunnery has changed etc... I couldn't help but  stir the pot a little though when you finished up your post with  
"Looking at the map....only ones that are taking bases are Rook and Knit...I know you have to practice....but please take the bases that aren't being used if you want to see how capturing will work out in the new AH2...let the players at least have some fun for a shortwhile anyway before Lemming Season comes in."

I guess I wasn't too humorous with it though :D
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2004, 10:49:17 AM »
"The MA mentality unfortunately has perpetrated the Beta Arena."

:(

That's a shame.

[hits CANCEL on the AH-II download window]

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2004, 10:55:40 AM »
Westy!!  Hiyas!  Nice seeing you again on BBS.

How's the family?

Trying to nip the lemming horde mentality in the bud before AH2 becomes reality here ...:D
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2004, 10:59:58 AM »
in beta you need to test the "whine" as well!!

:D

Offline A_Clown

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2004, 11:05:24 AM »
Hordes are for mindless, skilless, tardlets.

But its not too late to change..............

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2004, 11:10:19 AM »
Originally posted by Hajo
Straffo...what jstick you get?

a CH fighterstick, nice beast but the pilot is not up to the task :D
I come from a X45 the feeling is radicaly different ..