Author Topic: Just a reminder to Cannes in her anti-American Michael Moore loving glee....  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Oh and Beetle, that is actually a quote from an American I met in Okinawa many years ago. When I told him I was belgian, he looked puzzled and after a while said:

Ah yes, Belgiam, the capital of Paris!

:D
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline stiehl

• Copper Member
Originally posted by Saintaw
... but I DO like Peanut butter and DP,  

You like double penetra.........:eek:
Hope that's not receiving

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
Nevermind..I'd only be pissing in the wind.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2004, 08:07:56 AM by VOR »

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Originally posted by Saintaw
That would be great Shaden, can you please email me?  sawATonpoi.net, thanks!

Sure will do, you want Kudu, Springbok, Ostrich, Crocodile or Beef and do you want sliced or slab?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Elephant, the last Palme D'Or from the US is a fictional account of a school shooting in a fictional American high school.

It didn't get recognized at the Oscars and wasn't generally touted by critics.

In the US it grossed $1.2 million. Overseas sales grossed $7.9 million.

I'm certainly not suprised it got the Palm.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2004, 10:00:51 AM by Toad »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
Oops ...Grun did it again.

Its the same old s..........tory, move along.
Nibbio
4° Stormo C.T. "F. Baracca"

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
The left should be embarassed about the whole moore and hollywood thing but...

they aren't.  Go figure.  All the ones clapping for 20 miutes like mindless monkeys have no idea if even one statement in the movie is a fact.   they will of course be very defensive when it becomes obvious they were duped.

lazs

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Originally posted by Toad
Elephant, the last Palme D'Or from the US is a fictional account of a school shooting in a fictional American high school.

And so ?
Each film need a story.

It didn't get recognized at the Oscar's and wasn't generally touted by critics.[/B]

Who care ?
Different jury different opinion and different critic ...

In the US it grossed $1.2 million. Overseas sales grossed $7.9 million.[/B]

The old quality vs quantity debate...
You will soon pretend that "Titanic" is a film :p

Sorry if I prefer eating "truffes" ,you can keep your mushroom :)

I'm certainly not suprised it got the Palm.  [/B]

You think it was just to despise you  ?

I think btw that  Denys Arcand film desserved the palme IMO,Elephant was not the best film I've seen.

Offline stiehl

• Copper Member
Because Moore and Hollywood epitomizes everyone on the "left".
The "left" being anyone with the audacity to not goosestep in their brown shirts for the bush administration. Anti-American Bstards!!!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Let's see, it was a ficitional account based on Columbine. It was generally ignored by both the critics and the paying public. It received no recognition in the US-based Oscars.

Yet it gets the Palme.

Yes, I'm thinking it was more politics than performance.

Sort of like this comment from CNN:

While "Fahrenheit 9/11" was well-received by Cannes audiences, many critics felt it was inferior to Moore's Academy Award-winning documentary "Bowling for Columbine," which earned him a special prize at Cannes in 2002. Some critics had speculated that if "Fahrenheit 9/11" won the top prize, it would be more for the film's politics than its cinematic value.

In fact, just like BFC got the "Special Jury Prize" at Cannes. There's no way that film can be stretched to be considered a "good documentary"; as a documentary, it was a joke. But it got a 13 minute standing ovation at Canne and a "special prize".

Politics, not cinematic excellence.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/

28th Infantry Division - Pennsylvania National Guard

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
sliced Springbok please :)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
steil... I am not for big government of any kind but... to think that moore is not lieing or that he doesn't have an agenda that he will do or say anything to promote.... well... that is simply naive or... in the case of the lefty monkees clapping... naive tainted with wishful thinking.    Who is doing the goosestepping?  No movies I am gossestepping to.

lazs

Offline strk

• Nickel Member
Moore makes a strong case that Bowling for Columbine was entirely based in fact.  I havent seen the movie but I know the attacks on him are politically based and I suspect are disinformation.  Anyway decide for yourself -links to the evidence are included.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/wackoattacko/

I havent seen Farenheit either, but I heard it was basically saying that Bush* started the Iraqi war to cover his collaboration with the Saudis.  
I fail to see how that is anti-american.  Free speech and all is supposed to be one of the things that make our country great, isnt it?