Author Topic: Just a reminder to Cannes in her anti-American Michael Moore loving glee....  (Read 1527 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Ok,  over the top.

I'm upset, with them beacuse of the obvious glee they have in beliving and enjoying in beliveing in the worst about america.

However since I'm still pissed, I will have to post the following image which I should have posted instead to remind people that america isnt some evil monster.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 11:22:58 PM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Now, Grun, you're a bit "over the top" here.

Uncalled for, mate.

Understand the film festival for what it is. Look at the winners the past five year or so. Look at the last US origin film to get the Palm.

Seriously, what did you expect? This isn't about how good a film is, really.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
sorry cant resist

France: 'We Surrender Forever!'
Monday May 17, 2004

French President Jacques Chirac has announced a plan for France to surrender retroactively in all of history's previous wars, and to preemptively surrender to all potential enemies in future armed conflicts.

Members of the French legislature unanimously signed the new Declaration of Capitulation. It contains language that announces France's immediate and unconditional surrender in all past and future international disputes, regardless of the circumstances.

"This will save so much time and effort," announced Chirac at a press conference in Paris. "We as French people historically have always had the same solution when threatened -- to give up. By surrendering now, we can cut back on our unnecessary military expenditures. Because we always eventually surrender anyway, we have truly been wasting this money."

However, the decision to surrender is about much more than saving money. "It is really about who we are as a people," explains French government spokesman Guy Belacque.

Check out more aboutFrance's Surrender in the latest Weekly World News today!

Ok i'm done now....carry on

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ

Grun... I agree with Toad on that... plus, Tarentino was the head of judges... so, guess you should blame us eh?

BTW, IN before the lock!
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
You need to read the book "Is Paris Burning?"  A true account of the French Resistance and General von Choltiz, who worked together to reclaim Paris and defy Hitler.

Choltiz refused to destroy Paris at Hitler's orders, and would have surely been executed by Hitler as a traitor, if Hitler could have gotten his hands on Choltiz.

Choltiz put his life on the line....and is a hero.  Paris was at Choltiz' discretion.

Les

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Quite honestly, I'm very surprised Grun hasn't been banned permanently.

You ban the top five people posting in threads that have been closed and...viola, you elminate probably 90% of closed threads, 75% of the political rhetoric (your candidate sucks less than my candidate) and the OT as a whole has about 50% less posts.

Mayhaps 'tis is something to be considered.

Personally I would rather some stiff banning if we aren't going to have a political forum since you can predict 'who' will post 'what' in certain political threads.  It's all very redundant to watch the same 'ole crap be retread time after time.  Turns me off rather.

Why people keep posting this crap is beyond me.  I'm no more likely to convince someone else that my view is any better than they are of convincing me yet we keep having these heated political arguments.  Well arguments is taking a rather loose interpretation, they seem more like monologues devoid of audience consideration. 'This is the truth because it's what I believe'.

Shame on all of us.  Sad to see that people willingly choose to 'argue' points over the internet when it is obvious that no one will change their minds.  Even sadder to see the repetition that occurs in these very same occourances.

Socrates is dead.  Long live Aristotle.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2004, 11:24:49 PM by Drunky »
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
I think Grun needs a walk on the beach.:(
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Originally posted by SOB
I think Grun needs a walk on the beach.:(

OOh OOH! Grun!!! Pick ME!!!! I'll go with ya!! All yer "patting" posts have really started to get me turned on... ya big luvable lug, you.

(btw.... awesome nazi pics and just general freaking out by folks who haven't even seen the film they are freaking out about. There lies a nifty science experiment here, somewhere...)

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
Originally posted by Nash
There lies a nifty science experiment here, somewhere

Mr Black "was" an expert in BBS experimentation...look where it got him :D

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Ok,  over the top.

I'm upset, with them beacuse of the obvious glee they have in beliving and enjoying in beliveing in the worst about america.

However since I'm still pissed, I will have to post the following image which I should have posted instead to remind people that america isnt some evil monster.

Not an evil monster - yeah right..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/3737863.stm

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
I don't believe there is advertising revenue generated by hits on this private BBS - Why HTC allows political postings anywhere here is a great mystery to me. I simply do not understand the logic of it.

To me, it degrades the image of HTC and their product. Imagine a normal human being and prospective customer looking in at the BBS to get a feel for the 'community' and clicking on this O'club...

But, there must be some rationale for allowing it, and value HTC derives from it. I wish I was sophisticated enough to figure it out.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Originally posted by Toad
Now, Grun, you're a bit "over the top" here.

Uncalled for, mate.

Understand the film festival for what it is. Look at the winners the past five year or so. Look at the last US origin film to get the Palm.

Seriously, what did you expect? This isn't about how good a film is, really.

Elephant was a bad film ?

Wtf is wrong with you currently ?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Perhaps he was reffering to the awards Bowling For Comumbine got?

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Originally posted by Rolex
I don't believe there is advertising revenue generated by hits on this private BBS - Why HTC allows political postings anywhere here is a great mystery to me. I simply do not understand the logic of it.

To me, it degrades the image of HTC and their product. Imagine a normal human being and prospective customer looking in at the BBS to get a feel for the 'community' and clicking on this O'club...

But, there must be some rationale for allowing it, and value HTC derives from it. I wish I was sophisticated enough to figure it out.

It's a good point - I mean IL2 forum bans all political posts so all they talk about is IL2.......the nearest thing to controversy is trying to discuss the forward view from a FW190 and if you post anything that vaguely questions big brother it gets shut down and no-one talks about it....this is better, though I do feel sorry for Skuzzy at times.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Perhaps he was reffering to the awards Bowling For Comumbine got?

Last "palme d'or" was for Elephant.
And it was last year.

btw thank GRUN for once you didn't post the Hitler in front of the Eiffel tower.
But unfortunatly some $$$$$ chose to do so ...