Author Topic: Questions for Torque  (Read 1129 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Questions for Torque
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2000, 08:21:00 PM »
Towd,

I've got an awful lot of respect for you as a pilot, you've turned tables on me many times. However, I'd say the same for torque..I've never been vulched by him, I've bounced him least 20-30 times and died almost every one of em...I've never encountered a more deadly opponent.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

coyote

Questions for Torque
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2000, 10:29:00 PM »
LOL TOWD... can't handle a little butt kicking heh?  

Heckel

Questions for Torque
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2000, 10:31:00 PM »
I've seen the name Torque plenty of times in the kill buffer, when my ride has mysteriously vapourized, but I only recall seeing the name Towd in the whining, er...common channel, lambasting some poor sod for not complying with his notion of how this game is played.

'Nuf said.

-Heckel

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
Questions for Torque
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2000, 10:40:00 PM »
Well now,
I've mainly flown against -torq- in WB ACA, and on occasion with him, to be honest I'd rather fly against him, when he's on your side it's to hard to get kills..........

Now, -torq- and I have gone HO a few times   and for the most part it was a M.A.D. situation Mutual Assured Destruction

-torq- would grab alt in a B-n-Z plane and fly it as it was meant to be flown....does that make him a vulcher? NO! it made him a worthy opponent!

Can't tell ya how many times I would seek out  -torq- because the simple truth is when ya kill him, ya really felt like ya'd accomplished sumthin.

I'd rather have a tough opponent to test myself against, than some ack-less field with no talent dweebs lined up like lemmings waiting for me to strafe em, and I'm willing to bet that the rest of ya feel the same way.

So <SALUTE> -torq-

I'm VERY SERIOUSLY considering opening a AH account and when I do I look forward to shootin' at ya again like in the ACA days! :}

BTW Kieren miss U in the ACA also!

Check SIX!
------------------
-CyberPilots have bigger Joysticks-
-----------------------------------
MILENKO Homepage
<===THE ASSASSINS===>Webpage
     milnko@warbirds.org      

[This message has been edited by milnko (edited 03-04-2000).]

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Questions for Torque
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2000, 11:17:00 PM »
Torque..
hes a wus...
Ask him about the time I took him down HO..
both in f4s..
Me a  Bf109F4
him a F4u1c...

Towd
I can understand how ya feel. Most of us honestly have fealt the frustration of bouncing Torque and having it not turn out very well. Most of us have thought...That always works against a low F4...why not now.
I have sworn at the guy over RW in the past.
But I looked at the film. It is quite simple really. A picture is worth a thousand words.
I would say that If he behaves predictibly surly that is a real advantage for us.
I have not had the honer as much recently..but he had the benifit of good wingy cover the last time we met...or I would have had him..
I dont know a Wrecking Crew member or a Mouskiteer that dousnt love to go after him.
Birdman once told me at great length about how he got Torque...It was a riot to listen to..I said thats as good as it gets...to get the better of tourque. Then he said...Well he got me 6 times that night..
But man was he proud of that 1...

Most of us see torque as one of THE experten here..I hope you are wrong and he is not coning us, on the film of my fights I watched..he was just more clued in..He hits on every snapshot...that adds up.
And I beat him HO in a 109f4...not a recomended passtime for you kids...

------------------
Pongo
The Wrecking Crew

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Questions for Torque
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2000, 11:42:00 PM »
Milnko-

Coooome to the dark side..... coooome to the dark siiiiiiiide....

....iyamyerfaaaaaahhhhhhhther rrrrr.......

Wait a minute! Things look bright over here!  

Walk into the liiiiiight! We even have By-Tor sniffing around now! Walk into the liiiiiight!  

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
Questions for Torque
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2000, 03:13:00 AM »
Towd..

you need only 1 thing...

A wingman, who can actually stand flying with you  

80% of the time im up ill wing with Torque, He gas good ACM skills, Good SA , and the 1 thing you lack, A good personality  

Oh,and he calls 6s & clears you if he can ..

------------------

-= Death From Behind =-

[This message has been edited by Wardog (edited 03-05-2000).]

-towd_

Questions for Torque
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2000, 08:03:00 AM »
heh i lack a personality i like that one .

well wardog next time your flyin look at the other 3 guys that are always flyin your wing the same 3 you will leave in a min to save your own harry butt,ive seen you do it

i almost always fly alone and yea its hard to kill you pack hunters.
but i do it all the time and usualy not from 30 k like your own personall little mongle hord . (is this wining in your dictionary ?, well yea wining being any thing you dont like)

i routenly go into disadvantagious positions tho help others that are gettin hit by these tactical wonders. and i fight bases when the cause is lost. yea i could hang in the crowd and haul bellybutton when the situation turns aginst us but then again i would not get the practice fightin out of bad situations ,i like fightin out of bad situations yall like killin without risk  we will never understand each other.

Offline NineZ

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.user.shentel.net/vonz/jagdneun.html
Questions for Torque
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2000, 09:14:00 AM »
Well I got to tell ya, Torque has been a blast to fly against and if and when I get lucky enough to kill him, its like bagging a trophy buck.  I had some words with him one day, but heck that was just having fun.  One of the things Ive always admired him for is the way he gets down into a dangerous area and weaves in and out, taking out an enemy(or two,or three, ect..) and somehow miraculously getting away.  I like to know where he is if possible.  I also keep an eye out for aper. hehee

JagdNine (Musketeers Escadrille)  

------------------

[This message has been edited by NineZ (edited 03-05-2000).]

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Questions for Torque
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2000, 09:36:00 AM »

Originally posted by -towd_:
i almost always fly alone and yea its hard to kill you pack hunters.
but i do it all the time and usualy not from 30 k like your own personall little mongle hord . (is this wining in your dictionary ?, well yea wining being any thing you dont like)

i routenly go into disadvantagious positions tho help others that are gettin hit by these tactical wonders. and i fight bases when the cause is lost. yea i could hang in the crowd and haul bellybutton when the situation turns aginst us but then again i would not get the practice fightin out of bad situations ,i like fightin out of bad situations yall like killin without risk  we will never understand each other.

That's a good point, but it still says people are just using real tactics that work, and the result is kills, not deaths.

Of course, in order to see who is a better "Dogfighter", why not go into the special events arena, and do a best of 5 cold pass 1V1 at equal alts? I'm really surprised there isn't a tournament already started for this type of thing. If HTC set it up, maybe we'd all know who was a vulch hound or can really fly the paint of the vortex generators. Shoot, maybe month free online for top 3 spots! We already have one hella seeding system by rank.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Questions for Torque
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2000, 11:50:00 AM »
ROFLMAO! Again!

Nothin like a little rivalry to spice up life in the arena.

A few things I've noticed regarding flying 'in a pack' and flying alone. I get killed a lot more in the furballs than I do flying by myself.

Flying alone; I have complete control of the situation, have no other concerns in the fight beyond that of preservation of my own striped ass. I can disengage and depart from a fight with no worries or stay till my guns run dry or I get overwhelmed. I enjoy flying singleton sometimes and often do pretty well cruising as a loner. But thats only one small aspect of the game that can be played.

When team flying; I'm no longer just responsible to myself.. Suddenly, there's a much larger picture I'm painted into; and the situation changes every damn moment. Huge demands are made on SA; and preservation of your squadie or countryman are far more important that your own striped ass.. so you tend to do things very diffrently. And get dead a hell of a lot more often. Sometimes, depending on the skills of others is tantamount to sigining your own death warrant. I'll toss my hat into the ring with Torques any day.. he's always come back ta clear my six.    

And amazing things can happen when you fly as a team.. Case in point.. we (the 357th Pony Express) set off to take a few fields last night. The bishops as a whole seemed to pull together and a two front war was launched on the knits and the rooks simultaneously.  We messed up on timing; disco's; mountains; (THUD) comm's and a variety of other things.. nothin seemed to go right initially. But within 3 hours; we'd forced one reset, captured 9 fields; wiped out both HQ's; leveled a city (twice) hammered a refinery; an ammo complex; went back and trashed the HQ again (who knew they got a HQ ack on a track??) and generally had a blast tearin up the map.

The Point?? Gaming the game... playing ALL of it; flat out 100% can be one hell of a lotta fun. That's what keeps me commin back. Not sibling rivarlry, but the synergy of success as a team.

Hang

------------------
   TDY from Warbirds Pale Horses Squadron

[This message has been edited by Hangtime (edited 03-05-2000).]
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Questions for Torque
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2000, 02:37:00 PM »
Torque must be laffin his arse off over this thread.

In Towds defence, the other night I came upon Torque, co-alt, he was in an F4 think I was in a G10 with pods, he ran into the cover of ack, sat there for ages. Stuck his nose out every now and then to take a d1.8 potshot.

He basically hid in the ack until some of his countrymen turned up, soon as I engaged them he came racing out to try and grab the kill.

I'm here for the entertainment, scores schmlores. Sooner or later he'll get bored doing that all night. I never judge a pilot by his score, only by his 1v1. And theres plenty better (Yeager) who aren't score dweebs who _can_ legitimately whip my butt.

<Salute> to the pilots who engage for the fight, not the score!

-vlkn- in

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Questions for Torque
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2000, 05:32:00 PM »
Dont hate me because I'm beautiful.........

Torque is frustrating, I'll give ya that, but only because he shoots well and normally fights from a position of advantage.  This isn't a bad thing, unless you are his opponent.  

TOWD, you have nothing to squeak about.  He is better than you, thats just the way it is.  Vultching is a way of life, learn to deal with it.  Everyone does it.  Some better than others.  Kinda sounds like you are unhappy because your skill isnt equal to your ego.
Dont blame Torque for that.  Learn to takeoff from a distant field, if none are free of cons, log off.  Simple answer.

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

coyote

Questions for Torque
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2000, 05:47:00 PM »
Yeager, I just wana know one thing. How much cash did torque slip you under the table to start this tread?  

And as for you TOWD, who keeps forcing you to take off from fields that have no AAA and are swarming with enemy over head?  

-towd_

Questions for Torque
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2000, 06:54:00 PM »
better that me cool, neutral planes 3 out of 5 and we will see, and mitsu is much better tham me and several others but that is it torque aint one