Author Topic: Questions for Torque  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Questions for Torque
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2000, 07:11:00 PM »
Towd, who cares?

If your intent in the attacks (on someone who doesn't even respond to them for that matter) here and in the arena are to prove you're the better man, you're failing miserably.

Fatty

Offline llbm_MOL

• Copper Member
Questions for Torque
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2000, 10:26:00 PM »
Hehehehe he raised alot of hell in WB's under his PPIT handle The guys running it followed him around makeing sure he had'nt hacked the game LOL  I've flown against him a bunch and with or without numbers on either side. He's good but if you shoot straight and fly tight you can take him. Ppit was always an Ho'er and always will be one Just say NO! to HO!! People love to hate the good guys <S> Always had fun with him myself...

LLBM OUT!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Questions for Torque
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2000, 11:20:00 PM »
Vulcan.. yah crack me up.

If I was to come upon you with a significant altitude advantage; were yah goin?? Up in to my guns?? Suicide. No freakin way.

And runnin to acks when out numbered or out of E against high opponents is not a dumb move. See the above paragraph.

Neither Towd or Torque need our 'defense' here. They fly and die just like u and me... with all the tools in hand; and we use all them tools to the best advantage to WIN or die tryin. It don't matter if the tool is an ack battery; a mountain side or friendlies in yer area. It's there; use it. Ain't a damn bit of shame in it.

The rest is just BBS noise.

Hang  

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
Questions for Torque
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2000, 11:29:00 PM »
Lets see, he fights from a position of advantage and disengages when he loses it.  Sounds like Torque is modeled historically accurate to me.

Give it a rest, Towd.  Fly your plane, enjoy the game, don't worry about the other guy.  Life's too short to spend it engaged in a pissing contest that you're losing

Gordo

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
Questions for Torque
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2000, 01:42:00 AM »
LMAO no i'd say that Torques gunnery is *UBER*modelled, good one Lance  

<S> Torque see ya up there !

------------------

Phillip "Duckwing6" Artweger
Flight Officer "E" Flight
Skeleton Crew

[This message has been edited by Duckwing6 (edited 03-06-2000).]

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Questions for Torque
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2000, 07:43:00 AM »
Yep, ppit/torque is a real threat when you meet him. Yes, he does hide in the ack ocassionally(he drug me into it once, to my demise). But, you also have the choice of not following him into the ack, too.

But, there's no denying that he is a good pilot, especially flying with the very effective guns of AH.

For me, he's turning into the eman of Warbirds....someone I want to shoot down just once before I retire.  

<S!> Torque, ya bastage!

------------------
banana
**MOL** (Men of Leisure)

Offline Dnil

• Silver Member
Questions for Torque
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2000, 01:32:00 PM »
hehe its not the gunnery, its the guns.  6% is what I would call average.  The 1c's guns only require 1 ping it seems to kill things.  Its the snapshot monster.

------------------
Dnil
902nd Immortal Jaguars
Part time aircraft restorer

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Questions for Torque
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2000, 05:12:00 PM »
I had the pleasure (dis-pleasure?) of meeting Torque 3 times Friday night.  The first time I was flying a 205 and low and behold, a f4u appears 10k above me.  Soon I find myself facing the inevitable and after spending my alt, end up in a HO.  Torque wins round one.  Flight two was in a F4u-1c.  This time I guaranteed myself I would have the advantage.  After circling our base for about 10 minutes, 2 dots appear on my 3.  They are co-alt with me, but don't seem to be heading right at me.  Just then they both dove down on a pair of my countrymates who were frantically clawing for altitude at the time.  I rolled the big blue beast inverted and headed right at the first dot.  It was a p51, but ahead of me, an F4u.  The f4u was calmly making passes at one of my teammates and didn't seem to know I was there.  I pulled up into a high Yo-yo to get inside him and at 300 yds away I opened fire.  Instantly the f4 exploded.  Sure enough, it was Torque.  Somehow I had managed to get on his 6 at the very instant he was
shooting at one of my wingmen.  Immediately I checked my 6, to be sure the p51 wasn't heading for me.  Fortunately for me, along came hblair (I think   ) in his 109 and blew the p51 out of the sky.  (The p51 was WD ... someone I have been unable to beat for quite sometime now.   )  With the bishes out of the sector temporarily, I began the slow process of getting the f4 back up to 20k.  Not long after I had regained my alt, along comes another f4.  I set up on his 6 using my altitude advantage and began a steep dive.  Soon we were both streaking toward the ground at 500+ mph.  I managed to land a few hits on the f4's left wing, but it didn't seem damaged.   Just then the sound of metal bending kicked in, so I knew I had to pull out or die.  I managed to trim myself out of the dive and I immediately went into a steep zoom climb.  Just then I heard a crunch and both my elevators and rudder were gone.  I was almost able to ditch, but at the last second the plane rolled over and the screen went red.    Torque
had gotten me again.  I have to give him credit for the most amazing shot I've ever seen.  Somehow he managed to pull out of his dive at an even lower altitude than me, and still manage to hit me with 1k of separation on my FE.  The shot was even more incredible considering that he most likely had aileron damage to his left wing.  Torque wins round 3 by making the most incredible snap shot I've yet seen.  Of course I gave him a for somehow managing to get me when I had a clear advantage.  Not to be left out of the fun, my ISP decided it was time for a disco, and of course my computer locked when it happened, eliminating the chance for a round 4.

to you Torque, you really know how to fly that hog.

bloom25
THUNDERBIRD
S

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Questions for Torque
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2000, 04:52:00 PM »
When I was in my second or third day on AH, I called Torque in private asking how the hell could he do those 7-8-9 kill streaks...he answered me that was practice and invited me to join in his aircraft. unluckily for me I was rook and he of course, Bishcuit   so I couldnt join him. But the simple fact that he invited me to do shows he is no hacker.

Torque you are probably the best pilot in this arena, and that may be the origin of some hates. I want to <S> you as the #1 you are...one of my greatest moments in this sim was the only time I killed you   I fully respect you, not like some others that simply whine when they see so many kills.

<S> again, man. I hope to kill you again soon (its only a hope   )

------------------
Ram, out

JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 03-07-2000).]

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Questions for Torque
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2000, 10:57:00 AM »
TOWD...I have nothing personal against you...Just be quite.

As for you Torque...It's all in the E...of course those guns cant hurt either

Cyas Up!

Rude Out!