Author Topic: Final...CH1 Gone in AHII  (Read 2250 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2004, 04:44:42 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
lack of moderators?

no maybe an overabundance of players with immature minds with zero self control

how about self-moderators? what a concept :rolleyes:

True. But with the server warning you and the mods there to keep things under contol. The MA was kept quite "clean".

We all slip up and let  things get the better of us. I dont think I've ever not seen a "regular" MA player not say something on Ch1.

There was nothing wrong with the Mods, and they kept the "mood" of the MA somewhat civil. As soon as they left, the arguments on Ch1 just took a whole new form and there was no one there to tell people to cool it.

I dont think its really a matter of having imature players. I do agree that there are some. Goofing around and joking around on Ch1 is far apart from just being plain old rude and out of line. But I dont think there is an over load of imature players.

What I do think is that there is a lack of people/mods keeping everyone in check.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2004, 05:23:19 PM »
I agree with Morph completely... because we have a few inconsiderate people who act like  12 year olds, the rest of us are puinished.

I have a few people I enjoy catching up with even tho they are on the other side, this just ruined a big portion of the game for me. Alot of have been complaining about the degrading community and instead of adding more moderators to clean it up, they encourage the decline by dividing the community by 3.

I can't understand this decision for the life of me, makes no sense.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2004, 05:25:08 PM »
I have a few people I enjoy catching up with even tho they are on the other side, this just ruined a big portion of the game for me. Alot of have been complaining about the degrading community and instead of adding more moderators to clean it up, they encourage the decline by dividing the community by 3.

Del, not one person could have said it better.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2004, 05:49:59 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
Del, not one person could have said it better.

I'm gonna disagree. You can always tune channel 200 and HiTech says he plans to add the .S command.

So, all you have to do is tune 200 or simply type .S "player name" to send a to that person.

That's adequate for me.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline sourkraut

• Copper Member
      • http://www.riverrunne.com
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2004, 05:59:05 PM »
I will miss seeing some folks throwing out s as
they log on. It is always fun catching up with old
acquantices.

I think all this is going to do is move the crap to
country channel - which we can't squelch.

Sorry HTC - but I disagree with you on this one.

Sour

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2004, 06:07:08 PM »
Originally posted by jordi
You just have to TUNE to it each time.
Nope, once it's tuned (in place of ch 1?) it stays there unless of course you tune something else..... but it does not need doing each time you log in.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2004, 06:10:37 PM »
Originally posted by vorticon
actually from what hitech said he just disabled it, not completly removed it. wich means there is some kind of switch somewhere that enables and disables it,
Yes it's an arena setting - have a look offline.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2004, 06:15:23 PM »
Originally posted by Widewing
I'm gonna disagree. You can always tune channel 200 and HiTech says he plans to add the .S command.

So, all you have to do is tune 200 or simply type .S "player name" to send a to that person.

That's adequate for me.

My regards,

Widewing

So now I have to wonder if he or she is tuned to Ch200 for text.

With all due respect to HTC. They took something that was simple and made it more difficult. MEANING...

If you didnt like CH1 SHUT IT OFF!
If you wanted to talk to others you didnt have to go through the trouble of tuning privatly.
We had moderators but they were done away with.
With the mods (that were taken out of the game for what ever reason) they would mute you if you got out of line.
If you abused ANY text chan the mod would first warn you and then if you continued you would be muted.

Why fix something when its not broke?
(sure we needed mods again, but thats not as drastic as taking Ch1 completely out of the game)... Quick Fix? If it was a quick fix we wouldnt be here talking about it.

There are plenty of people who play this game who could suit the needs and qualifications of and as a moderator. PLENTY...

I am sorry I just disagree with the logic they are using.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 06:20:25 PM by Morpheus »

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2004, 06:15:53 PM »
Looking at this in a positive...

During Scenarios,  It would be handy to flip CH1 off at Start Frame and then flip it back on at  End Frame.     This would prevent a few screwups and would still allow the salutes and such at the end of the day.  

In the MA,  I dont think it will matter too much,  I have a feeling 200 will become the channel for all those that enjoy cross country chat.

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2004, 06:16:42 PM »
My squaddies and I are using 200 as the "NEW channel 1"....

Cya there!:)

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2004, 06:27:37 PM »
I'm afraid it all comes down to a liability issue. If channel 200 requires that you manually tune in a radio channel to hear the pablum, as opposed to channel 1 being there automagically (and seeing things flow accross the screen before you can squelch it) was the key. People can and will sue over just about anything these days.

I'm thinking it might have made more sense to just have the default behavior of channel 1 be "disabled" and the player would have to turn it on each time they logged into the arena. That should have negated the legal exposure since anyone who saw offensive things on the radio buffer would have chosen to see it by tuning in that channel. We might even see a disclaimer window requiring the player to say "yes" where it says "you may find the following offensive".

I think Shakespeare was right about the lawyers though.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2004, 06:39:33 PM »
I'm thinking it might have made more sense to just have the default behavior of channel 1 be "disabled" and the player would have to turn it on each time they logged into the arena.

I first suggested this in the Beta Forum. It received zero response from any of the staff at HTC.

Offline Hades55

• Nickel Member
Solution
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2004, 09:03:02 PM »
Maby a unofficial site can do the job. Something like roger wilco but
in text format.
I explain, the real problem is a lot of bla bla and the loss of badwidth, so if ch1 goes in another site then  the badwidth problem goes to the players connection and let the AH connection clean for the game data.
We only need a little change in the code to let a second  text window open inside the game.

Offline bockko

• Nickel Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blackoutboys/
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2004, 10:10:40 PM »
"Raw deal. "

"If you didnt like CH1 SHUT IT OFF!
If you wanted to talk to others you didnt have to go through the trouble of tuning privatly. "

If like like intercountry banter, tune to it! You only have to do it once, whereas the rest of us have lived with squelching every time we log in.

Offline HUN

• Copper Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2004, 11:25:45 PM »
CH 1 was available tonight in Beta...  unfortunately a lot of immature folk were ready to test the extent of HTC’s patience.