Author Topic: Final...CH1 Gone in AHII  (Read 2249 times)

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« on: June 01, 2004, 01:08:34 PM »
For thoses who havent seen this in the AHII post. This is directly from HITECH

Kalamori

"To those who think this is a knee jerk reaction. It's not, I wrote the stuff to disable channel 1 on april 13.

We had been planing on disabling channel 1 over the last year. Had AHII not frozen AHI code it would have been implemented in AHI some time ago.

To those who think we do not understand communication in online games, we do. It's was not a simple choice to disable channel 1, Pyro and I have playing online for close to 15 years, we well understand the chat roll/fun of channel 1.

As AH has evolved and grown some problems have changed the game dynamics. When we had 300 people in an arena the world was small enof where peer pressure and us getting involved could keep the down side of channel 1 in check. Now with 700 online, people start to feel anonymous and feel they have rights to abuse things.

2. The volumn of trafic has changed and starts to become overwhellming. Anyone rember when I removed kill messages and changed them to end of sortie only? This was also to dimisish text trafic.

So the sky is not falling, We just decided the the detriments of channel 1 outwighed the advantages.

1 thing we might implement is a .s GameId command, this would then brodcast GameId over channel 1 even with it disabled.

HiTech  "
[/B]

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 01:23:29 PM »
So, isn't a Kamori a Japanese goldfish but Kalamori is a squid? Hmmm...

I think the " GameId " feature is a great idea, it might be kinda weird seeing notheing bu t salutes on Ch1 though. It would be cool if you could have it auto-insert the last person who you shot down of were shot down by as well. As long as the " enter" were hit within say 10 seconds or so. But that may not be as simple as it sounds for the programmer types :D

Offline GA

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.no
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 01:29:09 PM »
Nice removing CH1 :aok

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 01:46:29 PM »
Blah
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 01:56:37 PM »
I assume Private channels will still work cross-country. If the fight was all that great, I've been taking the time to PM my .

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 02:14:34 PM »
If that is the case they have to implement the . command.  That is the one thing I missed was not being able to salute a guy for a good fight.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 02:31:20 PM »
one of the best features in AH2 IMO

the would be nice but it goes unsaid anyways
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2004, 02:38:33 PM »
I think this change will cause people to not fly as high. I know the only thing that keeps me sane while alting up to 30k to meet Bishop Niki's and Spits co-alt is sparking some kind of lively inter-country banter on channel 1. Maybe without all of the political/religious/racial watermelon chat, people will get bored and just head straight and level for the nearest fight....:aok

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
LOL EDBERT :)
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2004, 02:56:57 PM »
No its not a Koi....Kamori is manufactuer of Printing Presses..
Yes Kalamori is a Sqid...:)

Kalamori

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2004, 02:57:08 PM »
Nice improvment, the .s would be nice but a PM works just fine.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2004, 03:48:55 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
I think this change will cause people to not fly as high. I know the only thing that keeps me sane while alting up to 30k to meet Bishop Niki's and Spits co-alt is sparking some kind of lively inter-country banter on channel 1. Maybe without all of the political/religious/racial watermelon chat, people will get bored and just head straight and level for the nearest fight....:aok

Zazen

Chan 200 is the "unofficial" replacement for Chan 1.

You just have to TUNE to it each time.
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2004, 04:02:38 PM »
Raw deal.

I respect HTC and the staff who run the company so I trust in them and their decisions.

I do beleive we lose out though. And the lack of moderators had alot to do with it
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 04:05:57 PM by Morpheus »
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2004, 04:13:49 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
Raw deal.
I do beleive we lose out though. And the lack of moderators had alot to do with it

lack of moderators?

no maybe an overabundance of players with immature minds with zero self control

how about self-moderators? what a concept :rolleyes:
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2004, 04:14:25 PM »
I agree with Morpheus when he says, I respect HTC and the staff who run the company so I trust in them and their decisions.

I can understand the reason behind it but just moving it to another channel '200' kinda defeats the purpose. It's still the same thing just a different channel. Only difference is the newbies will be completely lost until they hear about channel 200.

The command is cool but I (and I doubt others) won't waste a radio channel to tune to 1 just for salutes. This needs to go directly to the player or over ch 200. My $.02

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Final...CH1 Gone in AHII
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2004, 04:17:48 PM »
Originally posted by GA
Nice removing CH1 :aok

actually from what hitech said he just disabled it, not completly removed it. wich means there is some kind of switch somewhere that enables and disables it, wich is good news if a different arena wanted to have it enabled for some reason or another...