Author Topic: Deleted my account  (Read 8957 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Deleted my account
« on: June 18, 2004, 03:12:05 AM »
Just wanted to say "goodbye" to the community of the MA, I've had so many laughs w/ all of you and made so many friends... too many to name here.  Thank you so much for all the laughs and fun!

AHII is a MAJOR step back for Aces High. From Generic Range  Icons(400-600-800.. etc) to rediculous gunnery, this game now sux.  To those of you who disagree and like the new changes I say: "Bully for you, I'm glad they work for you!"  

I'm not exactly sure why but it's the generic range icons that were the last straw for me. This seems a blatant digression to me and I cannot fathom what HT was thinking.  Just.........plain..........s tupid.  
All my reasons for my quitting relate to the failure that is AHII.

I'll miss you guys in the MA, thanks for sharing your leisure time with me.  

Steve
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 03:22:08 AM »
See ya steve

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 03:26:21 AM »
Cya Steve.  I actually like the new icons, still compensates for the lack of real world depth perception, but doesn't just hand the range to you on a silver platter.  What don't you like about the gunnery?
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 03:36:25 AM »
Bah Steve - don't be a "titty-baby crying whiner"™. You've gone from being #1 fighter pilot in some tours to cancelling your account. WTF?! Is your quest to win all the time so strong that you cannot adapt to AH2, or cannot bear to slip to #2 while you do? Didn't you ever play the beta? Face it. You're not going to get 800yd shots any more, by which I mean the option to cause major damage from that range is gone. Try getting to within 300 yds like I always have. The gunnery is as it should be, and is a HUGE step forward IMO - though admittedly I have flown only a few hours of beta.

AH2 looks prettier, but I suspect the overall gameplay is much the same? - I haven't had an opportunity to play and won't have one till Saturday. I won't be quitting. I was able to get kills at 300yds after a little practice with the F4U1D - same guns as your P51D. I don't mind adapting to something new, but I'm not a "game-the-game-gottawin"™ or a T-B-C-W™.

Pull your head out, Steve, wipe off that brown smear, and play on.

And get your hands off my neck! :lol
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 03:43:01 AM by beet1e »

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 03:40:03 AM »
Bummer to cya go Steve. Hopefully, Maybe we will cya some time later if ya get an urge to try out AH2 a bit more. its been great havin ya in the squad.

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 03:42:50 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
T-B-C-W™.

Somehow, I doubt that is a true trademark.  It is somewhat clever, though.

Other than that, I agree with beetle here.  Why leave?  Just because your hit percentage isn't 18% anymore?  I would be willing to bet that you would have been able to do as well in AH2 as AH1 had you stuck around.

Oh well.  Cya when you come back as Steve1.

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Deleted my account
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 04:25:09 AM »
Cya in a month Steve:D
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
      • http://forum.mercair.net
Deleted my account
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2004, 06:08:39 AM »
Originally posted by SFRT - Frenchy
Cya in a month Steve:D

Hehe, who are you kidding Steve?

Where would you go?

I thought AH2 loved your ride?

Naaah, you're pulling my chain...

Offline Stratocaster

• Nickel Member
Re: Deleted my account
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2004, 06:20:48 AM »
Originally posted by Steve

AHII is a MAJOR step back for Aces High.
Steve

thats true my comp just cant handle it
Strat

∼<<∼Loose Deuce∼>>∼

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
      • http://forum.mercair.net
Re: Re: Deleted my account
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2004, 06:24:01 AM »
Originally posted by Stratocaster
thats true my comp just cant handle it

Does.....not.....compute....

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2004, 06:26:24 AM »
Just wanted to say "goodbye" to the community of the MA, I've had so many laughs w/ all of you and made so many friends... too many to name here.  Thank you so much for all the laughs and fun!

AHII is a MAJOR step back for Aces High. From Generic Range  Icons(400-600-800.. etc) to rediculous gunnery, this game now sux.  To those of you who disagree and like the new changes I say: "Bully for you, I'm glad they work for you!"  

I'm not exactly sure why but it's the generic range icons that were the last straw for me. This seems a blatant digression to me and I cannot fathom what HT was thinking.  Just.........plain..........s tupid.  

Steve

I like ya Steve but your being a damn retard.  Quitting after one  day like some lil girl is not cool.  

Yea gunnery is harder, yea the new icons are a bit less convenient but what do you expect when AH1 had all of that set way too easy?

This is progress. Its much more like the suff that I read about in ww2 like having to close to 300-400 yards to get good hits.

I guess your expectations were made unrealistic with AH1.  I remember how you once told me:

"Grun you were dead anyway, I was saddled 500 yards on your 6"

Well that was AH1. AH2 makes several changes.

Long range sniping is more difficult in general.

Tracers are a bit different.

Planes are a bit less stable and more twitchy.

The hit areas on models are smaller now. AH1 had a sort low resolution hit model which made near misses into hits.  This is gone now.  

And overall its just a new more advanced game, It will take time for all of us to learn. Even us old aces. The only reason we got good was by practicing and learning. This takes time no way around it.

So dry off your tears, put a new set of diapers and sign up again. If youre good you might even get your name back...

See you next week.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2004, 06:29:07 AM »
Ok so you can't hit those 'under the cockpit' shots easily anymore.  Nor can you land the 600 yard deflection shots so easily.

So stop relying on gamey shots and start going for that 150 yard 'can't-possibly-miss' shot that the real world aces talk about.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 06:55:27 AM by Innominate »

Offline wipass

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.secestimating.com
Deleted my account
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2004, 06:40:13 AM »
The icons and the gunnery are both huge improvements in my humble opinion.

Now you have to judge a little more if the con is gaining or dropping back, having the icons underneath is also a good feature.

As for the gunnery, (even though I am guilty as charged of shooting out to 1.2 <----  dweeb) now that you have to get up close and personal it makes for more interesting and skillful fighting.

edit your post quickly and get back in the fold

wipass

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Deleted my account
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2004, 07:10:54 AM »
Play Il2 AEP for 8 weeks - Ah2 is pretty easy after that.

Offline 1K0N

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2004, 07:11:22 AM »

Steve

One less channel 1 smack talker to squelch, I hear warbirds could break the 20 subscriber mark this week, enjoy!!