Author Topic: See Through Mountains  (Read 360 times)

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
See Through Mountains
« on: June 20, 2004, 10:50:43 PM »
Some of the terrain squares on the mountains are totally transparent and remain that way until you get close enough for the ground detail to 'roll' up to them. Do you guys know what I'm talking about or do I need to include a shot?
Also sometimes when someone keys up on mike, i get a brief screen freeze sometimes.
I run a GEforce 4 440 64 meg card
1.9gh processor
Audigy 2 Soundcard
256 meg ram
and Windows XP
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
See Through Mountains
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 11:07:58 PM »
I see this as well: it seems to occur when there are trees on the other face of the hill: the underside texture/layer of the trees is transparent and comes in front of the ground layer.

http://www.users.on.net/~pei/DxDiag.txt

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
Re: See Through Mountains
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 12:52:27 AM »
Originally posted by twitchy
Some of the terrain squares on the mountains are totally transparent and remain that way until you get close enough for the ground detail to 'roll' up to them. Do you guys know what I'm talking about or do I need to include a shot?
Also sometimes when someone keys up on mike, i get a brief screen freeze sometimes. I run a

GEforce 4 440 64 meg card
1.9gh processor
Audigy 2 Soundcard
256 meg ram
and Windows XP

Theres the reason you have a small screen shake when someone keys for vox. And the fact you have a fairly slow processor. As for the transparent mountains, I have no clue hehe.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 12:57:45 AM by XtrmeJ »

Offline Road Runner

• Zinc Member
Punt
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 11:54:02 PM »
im getting this too. was gonna do some upgrades to my system but not sure its gonna help after lookin at Pei's specs.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
See Through Mountains
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 12:27:44 AM »
Same

Ive augered airplanes descending to an airfield and WHAM...there's a hill there.

I've noticed it, panning around, as I climb out of a mountainous base, too.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
See Through Mountains
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004, 07:08:30 AM »
Same here, especially evident when a base is at the bottom of a cliff/hill and you approach from the hill side.

SKurj