Author Topic: ZBuffer biasing  (Read 295 times)

Offline BlackEyedPea

• Zinc Member
ZBuffer biasing
« on: June 23, 2004, 06:21:24 PM »
Everytime i try to start AH2, i get the following message:" Your video drivers do not support ZBuffer biasing.  Please update your drivers or you will see some flickering."  It then starts to upload all the planes and after it loads the F4, I get kicked to the desktop.
     So I update my drivers with the latest and I still get the same message.  Is there a fix for this perhaps???  I was able to run the beta AH2 without problems....  Sure would suck if I couldn't play AH anymore!  Thanks in advance!
     Pea

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
ZBuffer biasing
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 08:20:55 PM »
I don't see why you could play the beta and not the version now. Usuall if you DL latest drivers and you still get that message, then your vid card/drivers just do not support the feature. But since you were able to play the beta im not sure. Have you been downloading all the updates? What was the last beta version you played?

I'd recommend deleting AH2 and all the AH directory files. Then do a clean install of AH2. See if that helps. If that does'nt work we better get skuzzy in on this one :)

P.S. A new vid card might be the perfect fix. What are your system specs? A good vid card that would support AH2 with no trouble would  be the 9600Pro for 95 bucks, maybe even cheaper now. Well let me know.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
ZBuffer biasing
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 09:25:17 PM »
A new driver should fixe the problem, but what type/model/brand of video card is it?  Use DXDIAG (Start->Run->DXDIAG) and click on the "Display" tab to get the exact description of the card.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline BlackEyedPea

• Zinc Member
ZBuffer biasing
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 03:08:09 AM »
My card is Nvidia GeForce4 440 Go....  And as I said, no probs with the beta version....

Thx for the replies, guys!

Pea

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
ZBuffer biasing
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 03:48:16 AM »
Listen to skuzzy, he kinda runs this joint. He is one of the creators/owners of HTC, Aces High. He is the tech guy, he'll get ya where ya need to be. :)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
ZBuffer biasing
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2004, 07:02:57 AM »
X, appreciate the comment, but I am not one of the creators or owners.  I am just a support guy.

BlackEye, just check with the manufacturer of the laptop and see if they have an updated driver available for that card.  That is really all thst is needed and you should be fine.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 1pete1

• Zinc Member
ZBuffer biasing
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2004, 08:58:40 AM »
I'm having exactly the same problem.  Tried to update from Nvidia but they had none for the GO series and Toshiba had an update in 2002.

I hope there is a fix for this $2,200 problem.

Toshiba Satellite 5105-S701
P4, 1.8gig, 512 ram,
GEFORCE4 440 GO VIDEO CARD 64MB

Offline BlackEyedPea

• Zinc Member
ZBuffer biasing
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2004, 12:06:47 PM »
Skuzzy I did exactly that, downloaded and installed the updates but still no joy.  I suppose I'll try what XtremeJ suggested and see if that works.  Thanks for the help.

BlackEyedPea