Author Topic: 'Fahrenheit 9/11' a No. 1 Hit Across America  (Read 2561 times)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
'Fahrenheit 9/11' a No. 1 Hit Across America
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2004, 11:28:35 AM »
What do you mean it will suck. That bad guy looks great! Is he croatian or something?

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2004, 12:09:18 PM »
Originally posted by Pongo
What do you mean it will suck. That bad guy looks great! Is he croatian or something?

On a side note, I have met 2 Croatian girls in my life and both were freaking scorching hot!!

Must be something in the water over there...

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2004, 12:42:14 PM »
"I want to thank all the right-wing organizations out there who tried to stop the film, either from their harassment campaign that didn't work on the theatre owners, or going to the FEC to get our ads removed from television, to all the things that have been said on television," Moore said. "It's only encouraged more people to go and see it.":lol

source

M Moore 3
NeoCons 0
:cool:

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2004, 12:53:42 PM »
Originally posted by xrtoronto
"I want to thank all the right-wing organizations out there who tried to stop the film, either from their harassment campaign that didn't work on the theatre owners, or going to the FEC to get our ads removed from television, to all the things that have been said on television," Moore said. "It's only encouraged more people to go and see it.":lol

source

M Moore 3
NeoCons 0
:cool:

Canada must be a truly boring place for you to spend so much
time obsessing about American crapola.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
Propaganda or Documentary
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2004, 01:26:35 PM »
Definitions...You figure out what this film falls under...

Propaganda:

1. The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause. 2. Material disseminated by the advocates or opponents of a doctrine or cause: wartime propaganda
[/B]

Documentary:

Presenting facts objectively without editorializing or inserting fictional matter, as in a book or film.  A work, such as a film or television program, presenting political, social, or historical subject matter in a factual and informative manner and often consisting of actual news films or interviews accompanied by narration.  
[/B]

Sources:

Definitions of Propaganda and Documentary: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English  Language - Fourth Edition

Kalamori

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2004, 01:30:10 PM »
"Yes, children played, women shopped and men sat in cafes while that stuff went on — just as people did all those normal things in Somoza's Nicaragua, Duvalier's Haiti and for that matter Nazi Germany, and as they do just about everywhere, including in Iraq today"

Well I saw it opening night ... how many of you with so-called 'opnions' have even seen it?

Well I doubt this guy is a moron.... so he must have an agenda

Noone cares about the Congo ... let me see somethign like 3-5 million have died there in  last 5 years or so.

Ya we really care about tho's poor Iraqi's .. and not thier oil

"As the camera pans across copies of Bush’s records from the Texas Air National Guard, and Moore reads that the future president was suspended for missing a medical examination, we hear a familiar electric guitar riff; it takes you a moment to remember that it comes from a song called ‘Cocaine.’"

Well he missed the point yet agin ... did this guy even see this movie.. or did he hear that they showed bush's guard record on the movie.....

If you saw the movie, you'd know this was not his aim ... it was to show that Bush was suspended with a man with close ties too the Saudi's... way back then ..... after this point ... money from 'nowhere' shows up for bush to drill for dust .........  Michale moore is useing this to show exactly how far back his connection with the Saudi's goes .... Guess he didn't see to movie.......  noone really cared that he was AWOL ..... it's was who he was AWOL with......    

you all should see it and judge for yourself ....  don't listen to this *******(donkey) who doesn't even know what he's talking about .. or he has a propoganda agenda.  take your pick.   Cause he completly missed the point....
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 01:33:09 PM by Manedew »

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2004, 01:39:46 PM »
some prefer getting tooled from the right, others prefer getting tooled from the left.  I, otoh, prefer to tool myself.

:rofl
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
Who?
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2004, 01:41:03 PM »
Well he missed the point yet agin ... did this guy even see this movie.. or did he hear that they showed bush's guard record on the movie.....

If you saw the movie, you'd know this was not his aim ... it was to show that Bush was suspended with a man with close ties too the Saudi's... way back then ..... after this point ... money from 'nowhere' shows up for bush to drill for dust ......... Michale moore is useing this to show exactly how far back his connection with the Saudi's goes .... Guess he didn't see to movie....... noone really cared that he was AWOL ..... it's was who he was AWOL with......

you all should see it and judge for yourself .... don't listen to this *******(donkey)who doesn't even know what he'stalking about .. or he has a propoganda agenda. take your pick. Cause he completly missed the point....

Just for Clairification...Who is he, you, *******(donkey),he's ???

Kalamori
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 01:47:25 PM by kamori »

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2004, 01:57:34 PM »
My smart-guy cigarette-smokin' liberalistic Gore votin' democratic party supportin' NOW and partial gay rights sympathizin' Reagan lovin' (If I'm lyin' I'm diein'!) "Meathead" of a brother-in-law went to see Fahrenheit 9/11...

...and described it as "...very unfair to President Bush."

Just shows to go ya...stereotyping every member of a group is dumb.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 04:28:01 PM by Shuckins »

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2004, 02:32:37 PM »
Family gatherings at your house must be really, really interesting.....um ever thought of selling tickets?

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2004, 04:19:10 PM »
The Dumbest Buy The Mostest
"Fahrenheit 9/11' a No. 1 Hit Across America"
QED
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 04:34:20 PM by FUNKED1 »

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2004, 04:27:26 PM »
Schadenfreude my man, you have NO idea!  Fortunately, I wasn't talking about MY family!

There is enough paranoia, schizophrenia, anti-social hostility, and neurosis to keep the entire membership of America's psychiatric profession in Rolexes, Mercedes, and multi-story mansions well into the next millenium.

Family gatherings are anything but dull!

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2004, 05:10:41 PM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1
The Dumbest Buy The Mostest
"Fahrenheit 9/11' a No. 1 Hit Across America"
QED

Do the dumbest elect the mostest too? ;)

Interesting choice at the next election!

Ravs

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2004, 08:08:39 AM »
I saw FH9/11 last Friday, and it did impress me. Not for the obvious liberal slant/bias, but in that it managed to be funny, sad and thought-provoking.

If there's only one valid point to be taken away from the film, it's that we should never, ever trust the government 100% when they spoon feed us a reason as to why we are invading another country that has never attacked us.

I think the evidence is now clear, even without considering anything that Michael Moore says in FH9/11, that our government duped and manipulated the American public into supporting the invasion of Iraq.

Does the end justify the means? I don't know, but I'm guessing that probably yes, in the long run it will. If Iraq becomes a successful, thriving democracy, where the Iraqi people control their own destiny...then it will have been worth it.

But try to explain that to all the remaining relatives(especially the children!) of the dead American servicemen and servicewomen who gave their lives in Iraq. In twenty years time,  how many of us could look into their eyes and say that their sacrifice of growing up without a mom or a dad, was worth it?

This is why I think FH9/11 is an honorable film. It gets people to think out of the box and perhaps question their government's actions.

I would just as eagerly go see a similar film made by Rush Limbaugh. Any film that can provoke intelligent discussion is a worthwhile film, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 08:11:32 AM by Wanker »

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2004, 08:11:21 AM »
I think the evidence is now clear, even without considering anything that Michael Moore says in FH9/11, that our government duped and manipulated the American public into supporting the invasion of Iraq.
====
Congrats wank, you have been TOOLED
:rofl
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns