Author Topic: GV Gun Reload..Temp Fix  (Read 578 times)

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
GV Gun Reload..Temp Fix
« on: June 28, 2004, 01:01:20 PM »
This is in reference to The Constant reloading sound you hear in both aircraft and gvs from 3,000 + away.

I offereing this as a temp. fix untill it is fixed in a future Patch.

Go to your HTC Files Folder / sounds / panzer4H / Then rename Tank Gun File Example: tankgun_old.wav. When HTC fixes the prob rename it back.

I really like it after the rename You still hear The tanks fireing around you you just dont hear the Enoying reloading sounds.

Kalamori

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
GV Gun Reload..Temp Fix
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 01:08:05 PM »
But you would not hear the tanks shooting then, you would only hear the impacts of the rounds. Also you would not hear your own tank when gunning.

It's not exactly a bug, we intentionaly added the sound of the tank firing.

HiTech

Offline Pette2

• Zinc Member
GV Gun Reload..Temp Fix
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 01:21:47 PM »
This is to disable the reload only and not the gun fire. It is an anoyance to have to hear every GV around you reloading. Even while flying you still hear every GV that is in visual range reloading.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
GV Gun Reload..Temp Fix
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 01:49:01 PM »
I brought this up in another thread, and have no idea the extent of workload it would be to change / develop relating to audio, or even if it would be deemed worthy of looking at. But, I think it would add in the immersion.

Basically, the issue revolves around having different "external"
sounds than the ones you hear while you are "in" a vehicle.

relating to the tank gun issue - While you are in the tank that's firing, you hear the reload at the end.

If there was an external tank firing sound. you could modify this file to sound more "appropriate" to hearing a gun fired from distance. Also, this sound wouldn't have the reload on it.

AH uses mono sounds to determine the direction of sound source.

So, in theory, you could have a stereo sound of a 109 or a b17 engine which is edited and processed to sound like you're "in the cockpit".

Then for the external sound, you'd have a mono sound edited which would have more prop "cut" and exhaust sounds as compared to the internal sound. You could also add some enviromental touches such as reverb, slight delays, which are present in everyday listening. Please note, I'm not talking about the gaudy type EFX people think about when they hear the words reverb and delay.

Let me get back on track -  stereo internal sounds and mono external sounds. I guess the only hitch would be that you would have to "trigger" two different audio files/sounds for each instance. Could be a whole nother can of worms

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
This would be the best in my opinion..
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 01:52:52 PM »
HITECH,

I really like it after the rename You still hear The tanks fireing around you you just dont hear the Enoying reloading sounds

Hitech, try this you still hear all tank gun fire and a reload click after gun has reloaded...Keep in mind i am running MITSUS sound pack...

Kalamori
« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 01:58:22 PM by kamori »

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
GV Gun Reload..Temp Fix
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004, 02:10:05 PM »
Just looked and there's not an external tank gun volume slider in the sound setup. Was going to say, you could just turn that down.

Offline flyingaround

• Nickel Member
GV Gun Reload..Temp Fix
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 11:19:15 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
But you would not hear the tanks shooting then, you would only hear the impacts of the rounds. Also you would not hear your own tank when gunning.

HiTech

It's a problem when your in an airplane, and you start hearing the tank reload sound, over, and over, and over.  You can fly away from any gv's, but you STILL can hear the sound.  I had a similar experience with ship guns.  I should not be hearing them when i can't even SEE the CV anymore.  Just BOOM, BOOM, BOOM all the time.  THAT one only happened when I took OFF from the cv.  I could up a base, and not have it.

-WMLute III/JG26 9th ST WidowMakers
WMLute

III/JG26 9th ST WidowMakers

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
GV Gun Reload..Temp Fix
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 11:39:14 PM »

HiTech

While this is a step in the right direction, you SHOULD be able to hear an enemy firing on you {up to a certain distance} but you would NOT hear him reload his gun/weapon.  Nor would you hear him "reload" his weapon if you were flying a plane over his head!

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
GV Gun Reload..Temp Fix
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2004, 04:36:11 AM »

HiTech

hu ?

I was furballing this WE in my typhoon over the central isle and I was able to hear the GV battle under me (I was able to hear  reload and shot sound of the GV's even when they were out of icon range)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
GV Gun Reload..Temp Fix
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2004, 09:27:22 AM »

HiTech
Respectfully, I have to agree about the distant reload sound, it kills the immersion to hear a sound so out of place.

You should hear the distant firing of heavy guns but the reload sound should be range based out to around 200(?) yards.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
GV Gun Reload..Temp Fix
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2004, 09:37:49 AM »
I think HT was talking about hearing the other tanks fire, not hearing their reload.  The reason you hear the reload is because that has always been part of the tank gun sound.  That obviously doesn't work very well for an external sound.  The fix for this will ultimately be that we break up the firing sound and reload sound into two separate files.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
GV Gun Reload..Temp Fix
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2004, 09:57:06 AM »
doh! - no chance for seperate "external" audio files?