Author Topic: "Senior Member"???  (Read 1046 times)

Offline hawk410

• Zinc Member
"Senior Member"???
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2004, 12:46:55 PM »
Originally posted by United
And I believe youve got that covered Arlo. :D

Heh:rofl

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
"Senior Member"???
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2004, 12:47:04 PM »
Methinks some are taking the "junior/senior member" thang a lil too seriously/personal. Heh. It's just whatever the bbs admin chooses to put there and the postcount was probably arbitrarily decided. Pretty much all UBBs have some sort of "gold star" to give people just for typing tons of crap on their board. I seriously doubt anyone's taken it seriously .... until now. :lol

Offline acetnt367th

• Copper Member
"Senior Member"???
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2004, 01:44:42 PM »
If  you read many of the post on this bbs. Lots of people misinterpret the amount of posts you make with the time you've spent playing the game.

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
"Senior Member"???
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2004, 02:02:06 PM »
Just another useless post to add to the totals...

...maybe they should do an average posts per day kind of thing. All of our bosses would really like to know :D

For my own curiosity...

4.75 years of BBS membership = 1733.75 days

265 posts divided by 1734 days = 0.15282583 posts per day
« Last Edit: July 02, 2004, 02:07:53 PM by Edbert »

Offline RTStuka

• Silver Member
"Senior Member"???
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2004, 02:08:44 PM »
...maybe they should do an average posts per day kind of thing. All of our bosses would really like to know :D [/B]

I tell you, its such a pain to try and post something when my boss is standing behind me trying to talk to me about wokr haha.

Oh and I cant figure out what MHIP means, god im such a dolt.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
"Senior Member"???
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2004, 02:10:20 PM »
Cough...

Offline mudder

• Zinc Member
"Senior Member"???
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2004, 02:21:52 PM »
If I could keep my registration date but make my post count go backwards into negative numbers I would feel better about myself:cool:

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
"Senior Member"???
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2004, 03:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by brady
Cough...

...get yer hand out from under there Brady, you don't need a medical for your AARP card.....:D
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
"Senior Member"???
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2004, 04:33:32 PM »
Originally posted by troxel
 I think it is more of a windbag rating than anything else :p

Case in point....Ripsnort.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
"Senior Member"???
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2004, 04:40:56 PM »
We could really use a new system for Ranking BBS users.

0-1000- Junior Member
1001-5,000- Member
5001-20,000- Senior Member
25,000-100,000- Ripsnort

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
"Senior Member"???
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2004, 06:23:22 PM »
In the heirarchy of the AH BBS, the difference between the three levels of "member" status is very important.  I find that those people with the most posts are obviously the most intelligent and well spoken people capable of clearly conveying information, criticisms, and debating.  They are often the best typers ever, making next to zero mistakes while typing.  

Most importantly. they are also experts in just about everything, including, but not limited to the following: World War 2; World War 2 aircraft performance; the difference between Germans and Nazis; the moral, social, environmental, and political ramifications of the atom bomb employment to end the war with Japan; the benefits of the carpeted garage; the number of clearcoats on various cars; European politics; American politics; poper tactics for use by modern military forces in executing a war plan; why airliners crash; the true impact on American culture by Michael Moore and his films; how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop; why certain articles on the internet are clearly biased in favor of one viewpoint than another; how to pick up sarcasm in the typed word; how to troll; how not to bite on a troll; the value of the In-N-Out Double-Double; why Arnold Schwarzenegger is a good and/or bad governor of California; the difference between Belgium and France; why the British cops don't carry guns; why terrorists kill innocents; why governments kill innnocents; what goatse.cx really contains; the difference between a mute point and a moot point; how to cut and paste articles from news sites while working at Boeing; Creamo; the difference between a cherry pick and proper BnZ tactics; honor in the game and why chute killing is wrong; the fact that it is a game and chute killing is as dishonorable as killing a fly; why salad is not a food, but what food eats; why the P-38 is porked; why the P-38 isn't porked; what a luftwhiner is; how HTC operates; the "Allied Conspiracy" and how the Axis planes are neutered buut the Allied planes aren't; the fact that if the words "dirty bomb" are put into a post, the NSA and FBI start to circle your house with satelites and black helicopters while using the backdoor entrance to your computer;  why it is always good to check Snopes if you read a great story in an email; how to beat a joke to death (see any thread containg the word "IN"); MrBlack's new identity; hopw to setup someone else's computer based on a single sentance posted to a message board; how to look at a whine about connection and know right away that it couldn't possibly be HTC's server that burped but a router somewhere in Chicago that is choking on the klez worm; the IQ level of a poster varies inversely as the number of smiley's in their post; how HTC's flight model for Aces High works and how it needs to be corrected; the armor penetration of the .50cal bullet when fired from a plane going 400mph in a 30 degree dive if it strikes 24.6 inch steel plate at an angle of 43.8 degrees; that all the bugs in AH2 are being quashed as you read this; what SPAM is really made of; why Snickers, packed with peanuts, really satisfies; why teachers aren't doing their jobs correctly concerning raising someone else's children; how the economy works; why Boroda still believes the Soviet system will prevail; what ROTFLMMFAOWPBFRKDTLMMFAOAROF really stands for; how Tommy McGuire died; the entire NACA charts for every plane ever made.

Yes, once you become a Senior Member, you too will be an expert in all that and more.  Good luck and get posting!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
"Senior Member"???
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2004, 06:27:42 PM »
Holy crap! :lol

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
"Senior Member"???
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2004, 06:28:36 PM »
math, being  a teacher, you REALLY need to work on those run-on sentences

on topic i have noticed a major influx of really old registered BBS msmbers (like fomr 2000 and before) with like 20 posts finally speaking up.

what's up with that? they all comming out of the woodwork for AHII?

if so HTF do they remember their registration login? let alone be able to get the password reset (i have noticed most people dont keep an email addy that long).
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
"Senior Member"???
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2004, 07:19:03 PM »
Originally posted by Edbert MOL
Just another useless post to add to the totals...

...maybe they should do an average posts per day kind of thing. All of our bosses would really like to know :D

For my own curiosity...

4.75 years of BBS membership = 1733.75 days

265 posts divided by 1734 days = 0.15282583 posts per day
You almost got it right...

http://hitechcreations.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=943

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
"Senior Member"???
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2004, 07:21:05 PM »
Cant believe I read that whole thing.All I can say is.....Well......Thats telling em.I think?
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.