Author Topic: To Kill an American  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #135 on: July 26, 2004, 10:30:52 AM »
Originally posted by demaw1
BORODA  re:  cold war propaganda

My opinions are formed from many different areas including life experainces. I will then try to measure them with guidance from the bible. [opps sorry said a dirty word] Racism was impossible in russia,where did you get that idea. Each person ever born is a little bit bigoted and racist.That is a human condition that has to be controlled.Russia had a lot of unoffical this and that.
  The hype of human rights as you say was not just about the jews ,it was about all the people subjected to communist brutality

Yes, people are bigots inside. But racist, fascist propaganda and propaganda of war were and still are state crimes here. Unfortunately now we have some home-brewn bonehead bigots :(

As for "human rights" - I quote Zbignew Brzezinsky. He said that the whole "human rights" part of a Helsinki declaration was added only to have an instrument of propaganda pressure against USSR, and noone really cared about Jews or "people subjected to communist brutality". So it goes. :(

As a free American I can see the results of communism,I can read anything I want to educate myself which ever way I may lean.I never get upset at what you say because I understand the brain washing youve had since a kid.Bottom line, there is nothing positive about communism.
  Saying life in Ussr was no better or worse than America is plain crazy.It is the typical european veiw of the world,a world where evil has been allowed to flurish. You always are giving me advise so I am going to give you some....Stop being part of the problem and become part of the solution.Always remmember the past of communism so you dont repeat it,but let it go and build a good future for Russia,a free people with a goverment more interested in life than death.Russia could be an amazing place,but If the majority of people believe like you she will soon be right back where she was. You will know when you have arrived when the whole world hates you and your stand against evil.   good luck,for the sake of my grandchildren when they come.

Saying that USA was a better place then USSR is crazy too. Sorry, to explain you some things I should start from the very beginning, and even then you'll probably not understand some things. Just some ideas: do you know that Cuba now has one of the best healthcare systems, and it's all for free? To build a better country we, Russians, should not abandon everything we had only because it was "evil communism", but try to employ Soviet achievements, but our current regime uses Communist slogan of "destroying the old world completely".

I am happy that Russia refrained from opposing "blue side" in world politics. We'll see where Western powers will arrive in their fight against the rest of the world.

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2004, 09:16:54 PM »
Boroda....re: brzezinsky

I have no knowledge if he said that or not,If he did, than he was wrong,and we have proved it.

I am sorry I cant answer u because well I have never talked to a true communist,and the realization of certain truths are overwhelming me right now.
  One question though. If Cuba is so wonderfull why do so very many people risk their lives and die trying to get to America? Why does cuba kill so many of their own citizens that want to leave?

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2004, 08:31:16 AM »
Boroda....re: brzezinsky

I have no knowledge if he said that or not,If he did, than he was wrong,and we have proved it.

I have heard him say this in some American TV documentary about "secret wars", CIA vs. KGB. IIRC this film was made by CBS. I was shocked by this revelations. I tried to listen to his words in English, and I am sure that the translation was correct.

I am sorry I cant answer u because well I have never talked to a true communist,and the realization of certain truths are overwhelming me right now.

I am not a communiust. I don't like modern commies. I don't believe that Communist society can be built as a result of a social revolution.

One question though. If Cuba is so wonderfull why do so very many people risk their lives and die trying to get to America? Why does cuba kill so many of their own citizens that want to leave?

Russians say: "Some people like priest, some like priest's daughter". Some people prefer to have Coca-Cola and living in Cuban ghettos to Havana Club rum and free medical care.

"Killing so many citizens that want to leave" is another exaggeration.

90% of Soviet people supported "democratic" reforms in late 80s - early 90s. If they could see what will happen after the fall of USSR - most of them probably could be scared to death of what we have now. Here we come back to the question of successfull Western propaganda. The problem is that the collapse was inevitable since 1987-88.

Offline Glas

• Copper Member
To Kill an American
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2004, 12:46:15 PM »
Nice thread, very edjumacating as someone else said ;)

Just my tuppence worth:

America and Americans have alot of things to be proud about.  But alot of what is said in the initial quote to this thread is a falsehood, or propaganda.

There are many countries around the world that embody the spirit of true democracy.  To imply that 'to know true democracy is to be American' is fairly insulting imo.

To imply that the US 'saved' the Afghans in the 80s is to completely re-write history.  As someone else, inadvertently, pointed out, it was done solely for political reasons with no thought or consideration given to the monster the US was helping to create with the Taliban regime and Al Qaeda.

I dont know about your immigration system, but I imagine it is just as good/bad as any other demoratic country.

As I said, you have alot to be proud of (innovation, technology, freedom, tolerance, etc).  But that text is in bad taste imo.  And you have no more (or less) of the good things about you than any other country in the Western hemisphere, and beyond.  The text implies differently.

Glas
JG13 Lokis Kinder