Author Topic: RIP OFF  (Read 1016 times)

carl

RIP OFF
« on: October 11, 2000, 10:18:00 AM »
No way to terminate an account as stated on website or to prevent the DOUBLE  billings, email them = stupid un-researched response , emails = no response , phone conn. = "we'll look into it.." ,  so I just submitted this to the District Attorneys office and the State of Texas Attorney Generals ,  oh and anyways  Warbirds is 24.95 per month for unlimited play now.

[This message has been edited by carl (edited 10-11-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
RIP OFF
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2000, 10:22:00 AM »
Cya~!

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
RIP OFF
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2000, 10:24:00 AM »
Erm.. what are you talking about?  Cancelling your AH account or your WB account?

AKDejaVu

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
RIP OFF
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2000, 10:24:00 AM »
Your experience seems to be unusual.  HTC has gotten almost universally high marks for customer service.  Maybe the recent Con pushed their workload over the limit.

(Don't expect too much from WB customer service....)

popeye

KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
RIP OFF
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2000, 10:25:00 AM »
Why do I get the feeling that this is another MacBoy or similar type from WB's just out trolling or looking to cause trouble?

Oh, btw Carl, you can cancel your account from the website thru the account maintenance feature. You must be confusing iEN and HTC again.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
RIP OFF
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2000, 10:32:00 AM »
For some reason this was also posted in the Bug Forum.  I smell a troll.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
RIP OFF
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2000, 10:33:00 AM »
I smell a troll too.. by both definitions.

AKDejaVu

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
RIP OFF
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2000, 10:34:00 AM »
 Well guys. Let's be nice. Obviously  he did have a problem, more than likely with the under-speed cpu sitting on his neck.. Or the "crack" he was smoking was unusually potent. Neither of which would be his fault.

Society is to be blamed.

-Westy

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 10-11-2000).]

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
RIP OFF
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2000, 10:34:00 AM »
Hi carl,

Here's a link to a post about un-subscribing.  Since it contains a response from an HTC employee, I guess you can consider it official.

Here's the quote from Yankee, to save you the click.

<<begin quote>>
HTC's policy is not to put accounts on hold. The only way to stop paying for a subscription is to delete your account. You may do that from the admin section on the clipboard.

Please keep in mind that when you delete your account, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to obtain the same handle if you should re-subscribe in the future.

If you have any other questions, please e-mail me at billing@hitechcreations.com

Yankee

------------------
JoAnn "Yankee" Colcleasure
General Manager
HiTech Creations
"The road to success is always under construction."
<<end quote>>

Hope that helps,
Fury

Offline YANKEE

• Copper Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
RIP OFF
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2000, 10:59:00 AM »
Carl,

The following information is concerning your specific situation:

The first request I received to delete your account "skippy" was on Aug. 19th. Your account was deleted on Aug. 21st and a pro-rated refund was issued on Aug. 22nd.

You created the account "bullet" on August 17th. Another request was received on Sept. 18th to delete this account. It was deleted on that day and a pro-rated refund was issued on Sept. 19th.

Another account of "billhickey" was created on Sept. 19th. We recently received a request to delete that account, which was deleted this morning.

I have researched several times the possibility of you being double billed. On both our accounting system here and with the credit card service we use, it does not show a double billing. It does show that you had multiple accounts open simultaneously.

I have requested, from you, faxed documentation to show these charges being deducted from your account. I have not received these as of yet.

I apologize that this has not been a pleasant experience for you but I am trying to do everything in my power to assist you. If it is proven that you have been billed in error, HiTech Creations will immediately issue a refund but until I can see documentation, we cannot remedy this situation.

In the future, if you wish to delete an account, that option is available in the admin section of the clipboard in Aces High.

Please contact me ASAP so that we may solve this problem for you.

Regards,

Yankee

------------------
JoAnn "Yankee" Colcleasure
General Manager
HiTech Creations
"The road to success is always under construction."

Offline Badger

• Copper Member
      • Military Surplus Collectors Forums
RIP OFF
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2000, 11:09:00 AM »
<thinks to himself>

I wonder if we could hire her..... <S>

Class and professionalism.....

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
RIP OFF
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2000, 11:10:00 AM »
I can unconditionally state that in every instance of contact between myself and HTC I have received nothing short of professional and courteous service. That you are having such a hard time is a surprise to me. I think perhaps what is missing is a little patience on your end.  

I can also say that I received (personally) pretty good service from iEN. Good luck with whatever service you choose.  

Offline grizz

• Copper Member
RIP OFF
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2000, 11:31:00 AM »

Originally posted by Kieren:
I can unconditionally state that in every instance of contact between myself and HTC I have received nothing short of professional and courteous service.

I have to agree with you Kieren, total professionalism (is this a word?  ) from the HTC staff when I had problems with my account also.

Thx HTC  

------------------
griz
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline indian

• Copper Member
RIP OFF
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2000, 11:35:00 AM »
Never a problem with anyone from HTC they are very professional, well maybe not at the con, so I think you are misstaken. I will stand beside them in any matter. I have also read on this board that they have gone way out of their way to please customers.

Like one other said I vote with my money and it is with HTC.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
Indians Home page were links to help pages can be found.
Indian's Homepage

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
RIP OFF
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2000, 11:53:00 AM »
Have dealt with HTC a few times.  All good experiences, except one problem!

I always ask HT why I can't shoot any planes down!!  He always ignores me!! I dont understand.  It's gota be a bug!!

Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.