Author Topic: Ground Zero  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Ground Zero
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2004, 06:36:33 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
It's just New York.

:D

LA is a more likely target, considering the numerous ports.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Ground Zero
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2004, 06:43:09 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
LA is a more likely target, considering the numerous ports.

Any way to revive the boat thread or is it gone?

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Ground Zero
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2004, 06:46:07 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
what will then feed the american economy and who will trade with them when/if they find the fuel? Remember what happened to the economy after the """"minor""" (please, im talking in comparison to this stituation) attacks on 9/11?

The fuel would then be there for the taking. It would just require the use of a large scale glass cutter to get through the top crust.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Ground Zero
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2004, 06:51:07 PM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
The fuel would then be there for the taking. It would just require the use of a large scale glass cutter to get through the top crust.

but who would work in a highly radiated enviroment just to pump radiated oil and then transport it?

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Ground Zero
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2004, 06:52:54 PM »
So if this situation shuld happen in america then you would disregard your family and your own safty and go "hunting" for the regime that took over knowing that you and your family would be hunted down and killed if you did not succed (or maybe even if you did)

Yes. That is how this country was founded. Several brave individuals took it upon themselves to do whatever was necessary to end British control. Had the Revolutionary War turned out the other way, they'd simply have been tried and executed. Would I do the same if we were somehow taken over? You're damned right I would.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

• Platinum Member
Ground Zero
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2004, 06:56:41 PM »
The primary and only use of nukes are as a deterrent. The day they are used is the day they sease to function.

Wrong. They were already used once. The deterrent has been working pretty well ever since.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Ground Zero
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2004, 06:57:32 PM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
Yes. That is how this country was founded. Several brave individuals took it upon themselves to do whatever was necessary to end British control. Had the Revolutionary War turned out the other way, they'd simply have been tried and executed. Would I do the same if we were somehow taken over? You're damned right I would.

Ok. Im to fond of my family to worry about my goverment first. But then i havent been in that situation and neither have you

• Platinum Member
Ground Zero
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2004, 06:58:05 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
No Nilsen. The GUARANTEED use of nukes in retaliation is the deterrent. If you don't respond to a nuclear attack with nukes, they lose their deterring effect in the future.

No more calls please, we have a winner.

Damn, I agree on something with Scholz. Dear Lord, the end must be near.

SaVaGe

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Ground Zero
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2004, 06:58:23 PM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
Wrong. They were already used once. The deterrent has been working pretty well ever since.

Only used when the enemy dint have any to fire back

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Ground Zero
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2004, 07:00:14 PM »
I bet ill have plenty to answer in the morning, but im going out to the nightcubs now and sleeping later so i wont be answering any calls and flames until tomorrow.

Have a good night and sweet dreams  :)

• Platinum Member
Ground Zero
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2004, 07:15:23 PM »
Only used when the enemy dint have any to fire back

And no country that DOES have the ability has fired them either.

SaVaGe

• Platinum Member
Ground Zero
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2004, 07:17:44 PM »
Ok. Im to fond of my family to worry about my goverment first. But then i havent been in that situation and neither have you

In the situation you describe, my love for my family is the exact reason I WOULD fight. To force them to endure that sort of future is cowardice of exponential proportions.

SaVaGe

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Ground Zero
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2004, 07:38:08 PM »
So you have concluded that all or even the majority of muslims would support that attack on NY harbour?

btw...nobody said that muslims or muslim ___fundamentalists___ were behind the attack. you just assumed?

assumtion is the mother of all ****ups  ;) And with a nuklear resonse there would be no second chanse to fix a mistake if one was made bacouse of an assumption

I sure am glad to see you being so noble about the death of
200,000 Americans nilsen.  Not like you have to worry about the
possibility of your family getting vaped.

As far as assumptions go, aren't you assuming that the folks
of the middle east are NOT supporting the terrorists?  Since I'm
not seeing any groundswell of revulsion from our "pals" in the
ME, I'm thinking most of them could care less how many Americans
die.

There was no shortage of "friends" telling us how evil we were
to invade Iraq, funny how little is said concerning Al Queda.  We
apparently had all the world's sympathy till we actually started
reacting to 9/11.  Only victims get sympathy and support huh?
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Ground Zero
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2004, 08:40:21 PM »
You must nuke them. Worse then they nuked you. Probably take down any major population centers.
Not kidding.

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
Ground Zero
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2004, 10:32:09 PM »
Shuckins I must congratulate you on a most provocative thread.

I have only read it thru once very quickly. Also I am surprised and heartened by the responses of those I normally disagree with.Except for nilsen [ I do hope he is playing devils advocate], I do find a level of seriousness not seen before. I will read it again to make sure I did not miss any nuances that would change my opinion.

Number 2 alone is no option. As soon as we knew which country was responsible, I would order the bombing of all military installations .Except for what would be needed for home land defense,I would order all fleets and air units that could to disperse.I would order all ground units to disperse, with in reason.Easier said,no pearl harbors.I would call all nuclear powers and tell them[not ask] that we are moving against said country.I would tell them we are not interested in them and ask for their help logistically.I would warn each one to not try to take advantage of our situation.I would go to def con 4.I would be ready to retaliate against China or Russia if and that is a big if they decided this would be a good time to hit us.
  I would make it known to the people of said country if they did not overthrow their leaders within 2 weeks that I was prepared to level their main citys.I would not send any troops in on the ground period . they used them once they would again.
 If they overthrew their leaders I would stop the bombing and slowly take over the country.I would make it plain any terriorist attacks we would leave and level their citys.I would execute all leaders and publicly  wrap each body in a pig skin and bury them in a mass grave. The rest of the pig would be spread over their graves.America would rule[ not in a hard handed way] over that country until the time was right for them to start over.We would use their resources until we were able to re build and replace everything lost.
  If they did not overthrow their leaders I would level their cities and anything else important.I would use all branches of our military  to show the world it all works.Be cause of the use of nuclear weapons I would not stay in the white house,but would go somewhere,so the troops would know I was a part of it to. I would try to save the resources of said country to use to rebuild.If I couldnt so be it. There are many assumptions in this.I would not allow martial law to come about unless pushed to the limit.
  I would not allow protest such as during the veitnam war,I dont believe there would be.The welfare of our military familes would be my first concern,as they would have to know America was behind them to do what had to be done.Nuclear war would be very hard on all of us.
  After America settled down I would resign.Who knows what a person not filled with hate can take, and I believe America would heal faster if the person that had to make the decisions was not at the forefront.
  Now I will make many of you mad so be it,I would pray a lot I would encourge those that wanted to  to attend a church to pray for me and our military and the out come.I would personally shoot any aclu types that tried to stop ANYONE in goverment or the nation from worshipping as they please.