Author Topic: DIPLOMACY: oclub_imp game is up  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Pyton

• Zinc Member
DIPLOMACY: oclub_imp game is up
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2004, 11:37:32 PM »
If you need me the address is akuusi cc.hut.fi

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2004, 01:49:48 AM »
nash,

I think you have to add the password of the game at the end.

JOIN oclub_imp pwn3d
SIGNOFF

Also, it's Join first not signon.

Try that, it worked for me last night.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2004, 03:26:19 AM »
Am I too late? I don't have internat access at weekends currently and mondays are always too busy to use the net at work.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2004, 08:22:48 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
I didn't get the test email at work, so I've obviously done something wrong.

I've been trying to set it up manually here from work, usinging the signon, set address, signoff method, but each time I send the email to the dpjudge, the reply comes back:

"No game 'club_imp' active."

It's somehow not recieving the "o" in oclub_imp.

I've tried about 10 different things, and turned off spell check... but the 'o" is still getting stripped off, somewhere along the way.

Can someone else try giving this a shot to see if it works?

Send an email to dpjudge@diplom.org and type in the body of the email:

SIGNON oclub_imp
SIGNOFF

And lemme know what kind of reply you get back.

Cheers.

Nash, I just successfully did this, so the correct incantation is:

SIGNON oclub_imp
SET ADDRESS
SIGNOFF

So, let's assume you are power #6, your password is bugger, and the email addresses you want to have the judge send to are nash@home.com and nash@work.com

If you want the judge to send to multiple addresses, sepearate the two addresses with a comma, but no spaces.

Your incantation would be:

SIGNON 6oclub_imp bugger
SET ADDRESS nash@home.com,nash@work.com
SIGNOFF

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2004, 08:28:07 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Am I too late? I don't have internat access at weekends currently and mondays are always too busy to use the net at work.

Dowding, just sent you the info. Welcome aboard.

Pyton, thanks for being here for us, but As soon as Dowding joins, we're full.  I'll come find you on AGW if someone drops out.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2004, 08:50:57 AM »
I'm in and the game has started!
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2004, 09:34:10 AM »
Gentlemen,  here's a little explanation of the rules I've chosen for the game. Feel free to make alternate suggestions if you find something objectionable.

Press: WHITE_GREY: This means that you can choose to send any and all press anonymously. This can come in handy when you want to suggest something to another power, yet you don't want them to know who suggested it. NO_LATE_RECEIVE: This means that if you miss a deadline and are late with your orders, you cannot receive any private press from another country. This rule is in place to encourage you to get your orders in in a timely manner.

Secrecy: LIST_WAITERS: This rule means that if you check the box labeled "wait for deadline before processing", everyone will know you are doing this. The reason I put this rule into effect is to encourage you all to not check that box unless absolutely necessary, in order to keep the game moving. If I see someone that continues to keep that box checkmarked, I will be contacting that person for an explanation on why they are doing so.

Timing: At the top of the game screen, you'll notice this:  AT 13:00 DAYS −MTWTF− GRACE 1D  This means that every deadline will happen at 13:00 Eastern time, and deadlines will only occur during the traditional work week. No deadlines will happen on a Saturday or Sunday. GRACE 1D means that if you miss a deadline, you will have 24hrs to get your orders in before CIVIL_DISORDER ensues in your country. As game master, I have a duty to keep the flow of the game moving. Consequently, I reserve the right to remove the 1 day grace period if I feel that someone is abusing it. There's nothing more frustrating as a player than having to wait on someone who misses a deadline. Please do your utmost to get your orders in before the deadline, so that the game moves along at a steady pace.

Late Power Handling: CIVIL_DISORDER: Your country will enter into civil disorder if you miss a deadline, and the 1 day grace period expires. If this happens during a movement phase, all of your units will issue a HOLD order. If it's during a retreat phase then CD_RETREATS goes into effect. This means that the dpjudge will retreat any dislodged units randomly, preferably into supply centers. If your country enters civil disorder during a winter build phase, you waive any opportunity to build units. This could be disastrous for you, so please note that missing a deadline is not a good idea.

With all that being said, I am a reasonable game master, so if you are going to be gone on vacation for a week, just send me press and ask for a deadline extension. I will then change the current deadline to a time that allows you at least one day to give your orders once you return. I'm perfectly willing to be accommodating for you on this, as long as you don't abuse it. This game is going to take months anyway, so we want to keep it moving along as fast as possible.

If you need to drop out of the game due to unforseen circumstances, then it's your responsibilty to find a replacement who will take over for you. By joining the game, everyone here is expecting you to fulfill your obligation as a ruler, and see the thing through either to your glorious victory, or to your humiliating exile to Easter Island. This game involves back stabbing your friends and getting back stabbed by your friends, so just assume now that you will get stabbed....and you will like it! :)

Speaking of strategy, since we are playing the Imperial map, I'm not going to be of much help. But from my limited experience playing Diplomacy so far, there is one difference between players who are alive at the end, and players who are eliminated early: The players who survive are the ones who are the communicators, the ones who make and influence friends from turn one, and continue to converse with their friends, AND their enemies. Remember, today's ally could be tomorrow's enemy, and vice versa.

If you need anything, you know where to find me.

Good luck to all, it's going to get pretty ugly in a hurry. :D

Master banana

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2004, 09:48:25 AM »
Think I've got this correct. Please let me know if I made any errors:

CSA- Reschke
Brazil- Habu
Great Britain no.6
USA-  Nefarious
Russia- Nuke
China- Nash
Turkey- Sandman
France- Bodhi
Holland- SOB
Prussia- Sling
Japan-  B17Skull12
Austria-  fd-ski
Mexico- Dowding
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 12:10:00 PM by Wanker »

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2004, 10:02:12 AM »
In order to be able to zoom the map in, you'll have to use the PDF map.

Click on the view button next to the text "By Season" (PDF)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2004, 10:12:53 AM »
The downside is that the PDF doesn't display supply centers.

Use the "imperial2.gif" file to see those, I assume.
sand

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2004, 10:35:10 AM »
Does the map have the variouse supply centers marked on it for all the countries or is that a hit or miss situation for us?
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2004, 10:43:39 AM »
The .gif file found in the diplom resources has all supply centres marked, including differentiation between neutral and home centres.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2004, 10:50:13 AM »
Yep found that just a moment ago thanks Dowding.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2004, 10:56:17 AM »
http://devel.diplom.org/Online/

Read the Diplomacy Rulebook (4th edition) for learning how to issue move orders.

For this particular map, any differences can be found here:

http://www.floc.net/dpjudge/?page=about:imperial

Offline Bcnu

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.fourthfightergroup.com
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2004, 11:53:12 AM »
And here I was hoping for a small power  :eek: