Author Topic: What is the greatest thing that America has given the world.  (Read 4122 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
What is the greatest thing that America has given the world.
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2004, 07:22:05 PM »
Originally posted by Gman
The war in Iraq and the war on Terrorism.

USA.

Ditto on Gman's comment.

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2004, 07:46:57 PM »
MT was on the right track with his first reply.

To expound on it a little, I believe that the most important thing that the U.S. has given the world is an "example."  

We have shown the world that a bunch of ordinary people can do a pretty good job of electing capable leaders and achieving noble aspirations.  The democratic republic established in 1787 has proven to be vastly superior to any despotic system established in the past or now extant.

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2004, 07:51:39 PM »
The Blues

storch

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2004, 08:42:18 PM »
Originally posted by Pongo
I watched another documentry the other day.
It was about the US national spelling bee.
And they had this east indian guy in california that was totaly drilling his son to win. Hired a coach and turoring in each language that the base words might be from.But one thing he said that interested me as he was walking down the street was that his hard work had built this house and him and his brother had built that house..just with hard work. He said America is a place where with just hard work you are guerrenteed success. Guerrenteed(I think he did say it twice, and Im sure he would have spelt it right.) Most of the world isnt like that he said.
Really stood out to me. Canada is the same of course but we do take it for granted. I dont think there is another person in the world that loves the US more than that guy though.

I thought you might be trolling so I wasn't going to respond.  Are you feeling well?  when's the due date?  This post has caused me to re-examine my opinion of you (not that I think you care)  My love for my adoptive homeland is as great as any person's.  I love the United States of America and the ideal it represents.  Canada and Australia would be good other choices as well but I live here.

Thanks for this thread.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2004, 08:51:20 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
Television followed by the Internet, then lightbulbs, then motion pictures.

1. Television, because it exposes us to more culture then we think it does.  Despite the hundreds of hours of 'Joe Schmo', 'The Bachelor' and all the other crap, today's generation knows more about other countries because of TV then the kids 100 years ago.

3. Lightbulbs because life doesn't stop at sundown anymore.  We can save lives in surgery, read books at bed time, and secure our houses from the cowards that creep in darkness.

America didn't invent television or light bulbs though..

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2004, 09:13:36 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Ok,..wait just a darn minute.  We have the best BBQ in the world here.  I'll stack the flavor of a barbequed center cut against any other meat in the world.

I think there are any number of Aussies (and South Africans for that matter) who would want to disagree with you on that :)

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2004, 09:17:25 PM »
Yeah, let's lay claim to who trew chunks of meat on a fire to get rid of the maggots.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2004, 09:18:03 PM »
It can be confusing Storch. I dont blame you. But keep your eye on the ball. Im a big US fan. Believe it.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2004, 09:47:19 PM »
Sheesh, that's easy..

Next question?

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2004, 11:28:14 PM »
Originally posted by Lizking
Yeah, let's lay claim to who trew chunks of meat on a fire to get rid of the maggots.

If that's your idea of what a BBQ is they'd be burning you at the stake (after the appropriate marinade time of course) down here in Sydney.

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2004, 11:32:12 PM »
Not a current BBQ, but that is the basis of them all and it happend a long, long time ago.  Now if you want to talk about the BEST BBQ, then you will have to come to my house and prove it.  I have the equipment and the beer, you bring the beef.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
What is the greatest thing that America has given the world
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2004, 12:28:23 AM »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2004, 12:37:32 AM »
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Re: What is the greatest thing that America has given the world.
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2004, 12:42:09 AM »
Originally posted by Pongo
"...But Ping EYE2 irons are a close second."

lol, a few months ago I was a complete junkie and just an hour ago I got back from playin' 18 holes with the vice president of Canada's largest bank. Life is fricken funny.

Ping clubs... yes I would have to agree. Way up there.

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2004, 12:44:39 AM »
Coming in a close second to my first statement that America's greatest gift to the world as it's "example" of how to establish democratic government would have to be the following:

Mel Blanc