Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 1972 times)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
New Guy
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2004, 06:56:38 PM »
ummmm,

Dont let the door hit you in the ass, otw out?
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
New Guy
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2004, 07:13:18 PM »
LOL first impressions. I still have my "first" post from when I moved over the hill 2 or 3 years ago.

The new tour tomorrow...be there for me :0)
I'm not flying here to recreate a time in the distant past when REAL heros fought a great war.

I'm not here, to in my small way, relive the glory of a war where kids put there life on the line. This is a game..

Ok ??

That being said...

My sole purpose of flying here is to add YOUR name to my butt wall
I don't play fair, if it's fair I keep on going.

No manzy panzy you did this or that...

FOGITABOTIT !!

In this tour, my first, I will put as many of you as I can on my butt wall.

It's in my dining room and there are alot of butts there.

Some are big butts, some are small...

But they are butts, all the same.

Talk all the smack you'd care to, I just gaze up at your butt on my wall and smile...

LOL

Let the games begin

Any cooperation from you, ie: get involved in typing, heading off for a quick pee break, grabbing a beer, having the cat poop on your rudder pedals etc. would be greatly appreciated...

I'm not interested in fair.

I'm interested in butts..

..on my wall...

I had a few guys accuse me of being gay :D

Which is silly, unless of course I'm reeeeely drunk and I see a "C" note..
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline SoftOpt

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.fourthfightergroup.com
New Guy
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2004, 08:26:47 PM »
ummmm,
Dont let the door hit you in the ass, otw out?

I am more coordinated than that! And sorry, but I hate to poopoo on your parade, but I am here same as you. Going no where but on your 6 to KILL YOU. Muhhhhhhaaa!

All kidding aside, I really did not mean to ruffle any feathers by saying what I did about voice coms and not wanting to use them, although I do stand by my statements.

Since there seems to be GREAT speculation about my identity and my personality, a little something about SoftOpt: (LOL!)

I don't go to barbcues with "friends"on the 4th of July

I do not go to "parties"

I don't go to the bar to "hang out"

I VERY purpsosely try to take vacations at Christmas.

I do NOT EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE go to the mall.

I am not a "fun" guy

I am not the life of the "party"

I am NOT what you would call a "people person"

I am A.O.K with myself and all of the above as well.....

Cope.

Do I know how to make an entrance or what?  :D

Offline dracon

• Nickel Member
      • http://myweb.cableone.net/decon14/
New Guy
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2004, 08:40:29 PM »
Howdy +Grim+

Dracon, ex (+) guy, ex-Warbirder, ex 31stFG.  Been here nearly 2 years now.

Good to see you here.  I'm betting you'll enjoy it.  Everything has it's negatives to be sure.

VOX-The in-game (F-12) can't be turned off that I know of.  The nice part of F-12 is instant COMs with anyone you see.  That means 6 calls from non-squaddies and the ability to give those "6's" back.

Guys.....+Grim+ is No Troller.  Good stick, good shot, and a good guy!

C U up!

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
New Guy
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2004, 08:44:35 PM »
Originally posted by X2Lee
Sounds like an easy kill to me

Don`t know so much about that, but when he does get shot down you can  bet his screams will be in the highest "professional"  quality stereo possible.
  Of course no one will hear him, but quality is what counts.  :D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline SoftOpt

• Zinc Member
New Guy
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2004, 08:53:51 PM »
LOL! Jackal, very funny. It won't be as such of a scream, but more like a school girl whine. Oh.....yeah and it will be in LOW-FI. :)

Hey Dracon, S! :)

Thanks for coming in here and clearing my credentials so to speak. LOL!

I knew you had come over here, and I think I have finally had it with WB's really. I still do CM stuff over there, but I do think I am actually going to start FLYING here....

About in voice game coms....
My VERY specific problem is this. IF I am having private discussions with my squadmates in game and someone who is just in the area starts talking they have absolutely NO idea that I am speaking with someone on squad coms I have BOTH transmissions getting stepped on as the CELP codec does not handle this particular function well AT ALL. I simply want more control of who I have voice coms with and who I don't. It really is that simple for me anyway....All of this coupled with the fact the engine sounds here do not change pitch if you are in level flight or if you are in a 400 MPH IAS dive....I just want more control of what I hear and what I don't.

I am sticking around, I am hoping that I can talk some other guys from the 4th FG to come over here and get something going. Is there a 4th FG in AH?  WILDBIL is now in the 4th FG so this must be handled VERY discretly. LOL!!

Thanks Dracon, Good to see you!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 09:01:29 PM by SoftOpt »

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
New Guy
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2004, 09:23:29 PM »
Originally posted by SoftOpt
WILDBIL is now in the 4th FG so this must be handled VERY discretly

WILD DILL IN THE FOURTH ??

Ahh..

...well

On another note, I've noticed in AHII squad coms do a good job of "stepping" on range voice. Granted "while" you yourself are talking range comes through but all squad replies step on range channel.

Hoot !! Bring'um all Grim, I really think you'll enjoy the stay.

Fuggin pony dweebs :D
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline dracon

• Nickel Member
      • http://myweb.cableone.net/decon14/
New Guy
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2004, 11:20:22 PM »
LOL!  NP Grim

OK I too will fess-up here.  I have issues with the F12 step-ons.  As the CO of the 339th it is important to get the orders out CLEARLY.  The 339th is historically based P-51squad.  We have taken the roll of JABOers here.  We kill fields!!  Nothing worse than getting over target needing to re-adjust, abort, swap assignments or RPs and getting F12 "In Your Face.  I have wondered about running 3rd party Comms like Vent or TS2.  I have and use both in other games.  I run a TS2 server as you do.  In the end I have "worked around it" so to speak or I guess just finally got used to it.  F12 has prolly saved by Stab way more times then the aggravation of it has affected my squad Comms.

Ok, engine revs.  That was one of the hardest things for me to deal with.  The hardest was: the helium type atmosphere here or the lack of the  jello like atmosphere in WBs.  You call it!
HTC and many many threads on these boards claim the lack of increased/decreased audiable Revs are due to the constant speed props.  That's all the explanation I can offer.  Not being a RL pilot and not having flown in the real McCoy I wouldn't know.

Grim, the 339th is Rook.  Remember Bizket (Biz)?  He was 352nd FG.  He got here just before I did.  The 339th was his idea.  I joined first as XO.  He has some RL stuff that keeps him grounded (Nothing Bad).  Rooks were the "Underdogs" when we started.  Anyway I would be sadly remiss if I didn't offer you a ride with the 339th.  E-Mail me.  Come when you want and stay as long as you like.  No strings attached.  Knits are the underdogs it seems at the momment.  Some say the Countries have personalities.  I say when the day is done we're all just "Virtual Pilots" with the same likes and dislikes.  I think all the countries are full of good guys.  With 4-500 pilots on most nights you can find any kind of game you want here.  This board is only visited by about 20% of the AH crowd.  This board has some of the "stronger" personalities and then there's da poopster!  If these guys in here aren't flying pushing buttons on their joysticks they're in here trying to push each others buttons. :D

Oh yeah...If asked....I would lobby for you to fly as Grim or some variation of that!  LOL!  my $0.02

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
New Guy
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2004, 05:08:01 AM »
LOL! Jackal, very funny. It won't be as such of a scream, but more like a school girl whine. Oh.....yeah and it will be in LOW-FI. :)

rofl Welcome aboard.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
New Guy
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2004, 06:20:10 AM »
You can not turn off in game voice

nenner nenner nenner  :lol

Offline SoftOpt

• Zinc Member
New Guy
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2004, 06:48:02 AM »
Very true, but I did make it where, "I can't hear you...."

All volume set at 0. Works for me, neener neener neener! :) LOL! That is okay tho, your plane is faster than my plane and I feel certain your dad can beat up my dad! :D

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
New Guy
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2004, 07:17:19 AM »
Vox sucks.

And the fact you can't selectively squelch some channels and hear some others is the WORST THING about AH.

Offline Badfish1

• Zinc Member
New Guy
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2004, 08:38:13 AM »
Wow, never seen somebody so hung up on voice quality before. He's right though, different strokes for different folks. IMO, gameplay is the only thing that matters. Communicating with all friendlies in the area is a big part of the appeal of AHII for me. Whether the voice quality is a C or an A+ doesn't even factor into the action, but again, to each his own.

Still scratching my head over this one.:confused:

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
New Guy
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2004, 08:55:53 AM »
oh and just to add to whats already been said.
When posting in here be sure to remember to wear your flak jacket.
Flak can get pretty intence around here.
But not being new to the online world Im sure your used to this:)
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
New Guy
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2004, 09:00:30 AM »
I NEVER asked for help with voice coms. I simply asked for GAMEPLAY help...

HEH, one thing we got in abundance here: OPINIONS! Most times ya don't even have to ask, which you just found out.:rofl  Welcome to AH.:)