Author Topic: I just watched Kerry's speech...  (Read 1818 times)

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
I just watched Kerry's speech...
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2004, 10:15:33 PM »
Originally posted by TweetyBird
>>This was his opportunity to tell the country what he stood for and he said nothing.
<<

HE SAID NOTHING??? Did you miss the part about outsourcing or did you just not understand it? What has George W. done to deter outsourcing???

I'm not watching either convention, but protectionism sucks.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2004, 10:15:50 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
OK Nash and MT, fair question, I think:

Would you care to list a few of the things in the speech that you found so powerful?

His call to take the high road in the election, his commitment to build the military and end the "backdoor draft", his call to improve health care especially drug benefits for the elderly....

His pronouncement that OLD GLORY had no political party...

off the top of my head.

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2004, 10:18:49 PM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1
I'm not watching either convention, but protectionism sucks.

I disagree,  Most of our nations history has been focused on protectinisn  it was not untill resently that we started this global market crap,

All the global market meens is an end to any kind of vodoo econimics.

Just becasuse the upper class is making money does not mean it will trickle down any more,  not the trickeling is going over seas

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2004, 10:22:39 PM »

Help is on the way!
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2004, 10:23:28 PM »
To capsulize some of what he said...

He would create an exit strategy when having to go to war. He wouldn't rely on some dumb notion that Iraqis would be pelting us with roses as we strolled off as liberators. See many roses in Iraq these days?

He would close the tax loopholes for companies that outsource jobs to place like India. Have you called a support line lately? Chances are you're talking to someone in India.

He would allow importing drugs from Canada - the pharmecutical companies are gonna love that one.

He would cross party lines in building a staff - I sense a cabinet position for Tom McCain.

Need more?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2004, 10:25:19 PM »
Originally posted by TweetyBird
Did you miss the part about outsourcing or did you just not understand it? What has George W. done to deter outsourcing???

I heard it, I understood it.

I'm not sure he understood why the steel worker lost his job and the entire factory was shipped to another country though.

Do you?

Nor did I hear his solution to the problem other than

I strongly believe that America's workers can compete with anyone in the world as long as we have a fair and level playing field.

if you give the American worker a fair playing field, there's nobody in the world the American worker can't compete against.

(One of those quotes is from Kerry tonight and the other is from Bush 7 months ago. Interesting, eh? All we need is "fair trade". Hey, Nash & Thrawn, what do you think of the US's approach to "fair trade"? How's this all gonna work, you think?)

Fair trade is going to save all our high-paying jobs? Go ahead, make the case. I'll let Nash and Thrawn and a few other non-US folks clear the issue up for you most likely.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 10:29:42 PM by Toad »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2004, 10:28:36 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
his commitment to build the military and end the "backdoor draft",  

I have to admit I LOL when he said this one. I'm so dense I thought we paid the Guard and Reserve to actually be on standby to engage with the Regulars when necessary in time of conflict.

Apparently, I missed the part of the contract that says the Guard and Reserve either can't be used in combat/wartime or are limited to some nebulous number of days when called to active duty.

Can you help me here, MT?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2004, 10:31:17 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
I heard it, I understood it.

I'm not sure he understood why the steel worker lost his job and the entire factory was shipped to another country though.

Do you?

US labor cost: $20 hr

3rd world labor cost: $20 a month

US factory profit: 10%

3rd world factory profit: 90%
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2004, 10:49:11 PM »
Originally posted by rpm371

Help is on the way!

God that chin is almost as obscene as Elway's or Leno's.  

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Dnil

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2004, 10:50:55 PM »
how is Kerry going to fix that rpm?

I mean so you tax companies who go overseas.  The company is not going to eat that expensive so they either cut staff or cut staff and send more overseas.  

Does he mean to put tariffs on stuff coming from overseas to?  I really am confused on this.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2004, 10:51:11 PM »
Originally posted by rpm371
US labor cost: $20 hr

3rd world labor cost: $20 a month

US factory profit: 10%

3rd world factory profit: 90%

Kerry will change this how? Honestly, how will he adress that reality?

Isnt Kerry also promising to raise the minimum wage?  How will this help the jobs situation at home?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 10:53:47 PM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2004, 10:51:42 PM »
I heard alot of hot air

empty promises, impossible to fullfill - words the hopeless wanted to hear, not realizing why things are they way they are and that the world is not a 30 minute sitcom, jerry springer or oprah show..

I saw a dumbacrat "war hero - war hater" (LOL that is so funny in itself it defies reason) who was speaking to a bunch of brain dead ppl in the audience who think just because herman said it, it will be so ...

I would want him to win just so I can see him crap out those 100k+ telecom jobs that burst with the bubble in 2000 - LOL

"AMERICA CAN DO BETTER"

no crap herman, who can't do better at anything at anytime ??

hot air double talk

all things even (which would never be with mr flip/flop and his side kick robin the ambulance chaser) the obvious fact our enemies want this guy to win is enough for me NOT to want him to
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2004, 10:58:05 PM »
My goodness.

This thread has just DIED!

All for lack of an explanation on "fair trade" saving our jobs and how the Guard can be "drafted".

Where are the Snowden's of yesteryear?

Mt? Nash? Tweety? RPM? Help us here? Give us insight into the "plan"!

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Re: I just watched Kerry's speech...
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2004, 10:59:50 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
And, if I can borrow a phrase from Rude, I am sorry.

Republicans... Life as you knew it is over.

I just witnessed a guy become President months before an election even took place.

Do not, however, despair for a moment..

Because it's about to get a lot better.

My heartfelt to a nation that produces such men. You oughta be proud and for this reason you are indeed, the envy of the rest of the world.

So it's gonna be a shock when Bush is elected in a landslide.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2004, 11:01:53 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Where are the Snowden's of yesteryear?

just sold a butt load of them on ebay :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals