Author Topic: Wich planes you fly at MA and why.......  (Read 2155 times)

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
Wich planes you fly at MA and why.......
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2004, 07:48:39 AM »
Oh yeah I also fly the Henway a little bit.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2004, 08:01:46 AM »
Yak9T (yes I KNOW everyone fly's the other one.) because I love seeing planes go BOOM  when that 37mm hits em.  They are great for buff killing,  and I enjoy hunting low spit/nik/hurri in them.  Come to think of it I love hunting low p51s, tiffys, and 109/190's in it too.
You know its just fun to fly that little girl.

La7,  My mainstay of AH1 its mostly a hanger queen now. Unless I need to get somewhere very very fast. The thrill is gone,  too many people fly it.  Eveyone now knows how to defend against it. Its a shame, we had some good times.

Yak9U Is ok, not as much fun as the 9T, but faster, harder to get kills IMO with the guns package. But its better in a turn fight than the T.

I fly a wide variety of attack planes.
Each has something its good at, but overall, the mossie is very good now.
Need to fly it more, but its my favorite.

I've been flying online for almost 9 years now. I never thought I would hear myself say I like ANY plane thats big & blue. But the fact is for CV ops I like the F6f. It has a good load, makes it off the cv easily, gets me to the target, drop ord, then hunt. Adds up to fun no matter how you slice it.
Its not sleek, small & sexy. Actually its a bit like my wife, plump, short & squaty.
But what a work horse, and can that thing COOK! Dependable as the sunrise, predictable in its faults, (Lord I hope she doessn't read this)

LOL

Anyway,  Ya'll get the drift.  :)

When she turns her motor over, in a way it is kinda .   .   .   "well inviting at least. sort of "come HERE you sailer, lets go GET em.!

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2004, 09:19:42 AM »
La7 because it is phun.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2004, 09:42:01 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth

I've been flying online for almost 9 years now. I never thought I would hear myself say I like ANY plane thats big & blue. But the fact is for CV ops I like the F6f. It has a good load, makes it off the cv easily, gets me to the target, drop ord, then hunt. Adds up to fun no matter how you slice it.
Its not sleek, small & sexy. Actually its a bit like my wife, plump, short & squaty.
But what a work horse, and can that thing COOK! Dependable as the sunrise, predictable in its faults, (Lord I hope she doessn't read this)

LOL

Anyway,  Ya'll get the drift.  :)

When she turns her motor over, in a way it is kinda .   .   .   "well inviting at least. sort of "come HERE you sailer, lets go GET em.!

I knew you were a man of considerable taste Ghosth.

the two most versatile planes in the list would have to be the 38 and f6-f. Both can do everything you want of them pretty well , (E-fight,TnB,BnZzzz,ground attack) etc

but with the cat you get the added option and variety of CV battles , very handy.

All that and it's big and blue. :)
I come from a land downunder

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2004, 09:44:05 AM »
spitfire mkV  - because i cannot think of a more sexy looking beast. It is great for fighting any plane and forces non-cowardice as you cant run form anything really. I love fighting 3 guys at once from a disadvantage and occasionaly winning. i love it because im brittish. i love it for its hispanios. i love it because people call me a dweeb........and then i kill them. I do not fly it because i know nothing of ACM, SA, etc, i fly it because i love it, i could still do just as wel in one of the BnZ so called 'real planes', i just chose not to. a one on one with anything other than a spit is in my favour, so i will go looking for those fights that i probably shouldnt be able to win, and then do my best to fight against the odds.

D/C hog - because it looks like the most incredible killing machine to come out of USA in WW2. its sleek yet chunky. fast yet manouverable. strong yet deadly. it carries loads of bombs and rockets and if that wasnt enough, it has around 3000 rounds of .50 (D) or 950 rounds of 20mm (C)
the corsair is amazing.

P-47 any model - because its a pure monster. period
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2004, 10:01:54 AM »
F4U1D

Once in a while for chits and giggles the P40E (underrated imho, and has a nice gun package to boot).

X2LEE if you like the Henway, you should try the Hammerfor! It's DA Shiznick!

RTR
The Damned

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2004, 11:32:04 AM »
109F4-it is teh awesome!
109G2-Moore of it is teh awesome.
109G6-More of teh awesome
190A5/A8=Awesome!
Me262-Teh hell did you expect?
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2004, 11:57:53 AM »
F4U C/D model - because it is basically outclassed by almost every other mid to late war fighter in the game, you can't run from nothing, you can't outturn anything, you lucky if you get a kill with it, the best quality is every time you take a hit from any direction it is almost a given oil hit, but it carries enough oil to get you 5 sectors or so back to base.

Every thing outruns it, outclimbs it, out turns it, every other plane is so uberly to it in flight characteristics that it is unbelievable..........and it's Big and Blue!:D
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2004, 12:08:36 PM »
Originally posted by X2Lee
Oh yeah I also fly the Henway a little bit.

Lee sits at the pc and waits for someone to bite.

And waits .....

...........  and waits ................

:D

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2004, 12:10:24 PM »
i fly whatever suits me at the time
known as Arctic in the main

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2004, 12:11:54 PM »
Originally posted by RTR

X2LEE if you like the Henway, you should try the Hammerfor! It's DA Shiznick!

RTR

Neither hold a candle to the Laycost.

Offline RT

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2004, 12:20:19 PM »
190a8 is my main ride.

If you can lead targets and make deflection shots, it is ok.  Takes a while to adjust to it, as its fairly slippery.  With good piloting, you can generally get at least one chance to snap a shot off in a fight, and with the big guns, that's all it takes.  

The guns permit it to take on bombers and strafe gvs or towns etc.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2004, 12:24:51 PM »
TC be careful.

If everyone figures out what a no good useless ride the F4U is, everyone will want to fly it. And that would mean that I would have to fly lala's, spits and N1K's.

That would be bad.

RTR
The Damned

Offline Tabasco

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2004, 12:41:58 PM »
La-5FN: because it's smooth as silk in a dogfight.  More finesse and less brute power than the La-7.  Spits and Zekes will outturn it (and 110's have surprised me), but it can pretty much just walk away from them if it gets hairy.  It goes through fuel in a blink in AH2.

Ki-61: slow but steady; packs a nice punch with the cowl mounted 20mm's.

Bf109G-10: with gondolas, because I've been running into a lot more B-17 formations lately.  Making hi/low slash attacks in the G-10 is a blast.

My old favorites are the Fw190A-5 & D-9, especially if I'm heading to a sector with a big red bar in it.  And the F4U's for longer fighter sweeps...and because they're beautiful.

:)

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2004, 01:34:21 PM »
P-51  Cause it accelates better than P-38
P-51  Cause it climbs better than P-38
P-51  Cause it sounds better than P-38
P-51  Cause it smells better than P-38
P-51  Cause of the sex appeal