Author Topic: Wich planes you fly at MA and why.......  (Read 2156 times)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Wich planes you fly at MA and why.......
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2004, 07:18:13 AM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
P51D-Can out-turn anything it can't out-run. Great flaps. Great nose-low deflection view.

Zazen

I guess you didn't know about the Tempest?

My #1 plane is F4U.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2004, 07:38:28 AM »
Originally posted by SirLoin
I guess you didn't know about the Tempest?

My #1 plane is F4U.

Firstly, I didn't include any perk plane in my list of favorites. The Tempest happens to be the only perk plane I will fly. Secondly, there is not a snowball's chance in hell ANY Tempest flown by ANYONE is going to out-turn a competently flown P51D at ANY altitude. The manuevering flaps on the P51D are excellent.

Zazen
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 11:00:46 AM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2004, 07:43:15 AM »
Originally posted by Murdr
Thats a reason not to fly it ;)

AKAK is muh friend

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2004, 10:23:30 AM »
Firstly, I didn't include any perk plane in my list of favorites. The Tempest happens to be the only perk plane I will fly. Secondly, there is not a snowball's chance in hell ANY Tempest flown by ANYONE is going to out-turn a competantly flown P51D at ANY altitude. The manuevering flaps on the P51D are excellent.

Zazen

If u want I can show you that a Tempest can indeed out-turn a P51..A 109g-10 can out turn a p51 too.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2004, 10:37:03 AM »
Well, if one were to look at my typical tour stats, they would see that I have no favorites. I fly planes based upon the need at the time and/or whatever suits my mood.

I'll fly any of the 109s, any of the F4Us, any of the 190s, both Mustangs, Jugs, Lavochkins, Hellcat, Wildcat, P-38, Typhoon, even Spits and Nikis and Hurricanes. Over the course of two tours, I'll fly just about every fighter in the plane set, including the jets. I like variety because I get bored quickly.

There are certain aircraft that stand out as being more entertaining than the others. I enjoy the P-51B, F6F, 109G-2, La-5 and 190A-5. They are all great fun and fit in nicely between the super-fast and super-agile fighters that most people tend to gravitate to. If HTC modeled the P-51C with the -7 Packard Merlin (same as the P-51D), it would be the most capable non-perked fighter in the plane-set. As it is, I love to battle perk planes with the B model (F4U-4s and Tempests are no major challenge if co-alt and especially so if below me). AH2's revised P-51 flight model has made them even more capable IMO. Although some guys don't think so. I suspect that this is because they tended to rely on the AH1 ballistics model too much and found that it's a lot harder to get kills at 800 yards or by using snap shots in AH2. But, a good stick will eventually work it out.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2004, 10:58:15 AM »
If u want I can show you that a Tempest can indeed out-turn a P51..A 109g-10 can out turn a p51 too.

Sir Loin's Total AH II experience in P51D---7 Kills/5 Deaths.
Zazen's Total AH II experience in P51D---104 Kills/5 Deaths.

Ummm, you obviously have no clue wtf you're talking about, have a nice day! ;)

Zazen
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 11:04:07 AM by Zazen13 »

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2004, 11:03:39 AM »

Not in AH2... Once the Mustang gets flaps out, both the Tempest and G-10 are toast if they continue to turn. In AH1, the G-10 could out-turn a P-51D (not the P-51B tho). The new flight model changed that. I fly 109s a lot too. the G-10 is a great E fighter, but unimpressive as a turn fighter. If you want to turn fight, take the 109F-4 or G-2.

The La-7 can out-turn both the 109G-10 and Tempest. Get a notch or two of flaps out on a Mustang, and it will out-turn the La-7 (assuming 50% fuel or less, and I NEVER take more than 50%). And remember, the P-51B is considerably more agile than the D model. I'm sure you realize that you can begin deploying flaps at 400 mph. With the other three, you can't get the flaps down until well below 200 mph, by which time they are long dead unless they break off from such foolishness and run.

Try this: Take a Tempest and either Mustang. Set up in a right or left lufberry and see who gets around on the 6 of the other. You will find that both the Tempest and G-10 have to break out of the lufberry or they die. The AH2 Mustangs will get the flaps out, cut across the circle and vaporize them.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2004, 11:08:03 AM »

Zazen

So I guess you don't want me to show you..?

Have a nice day as well.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2004, 11:09:01 AM »
P-47D/P-38 - overall average planes - nothing exeptional - nor Speed neither climb or firepower......

Your kidding ... right ?

P-47 = 8 x .50 cals ... not exceptional firepower ?

P-38 = Center-nose guns with .50 cals and 20mm ... not exceptional firepower ?

Speed in both these planes are exceptional in the dive and the zoom. P-38 is one of the best planes in the vertical climb.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2004, 11:10:04 AM »
Originally posted by Widewing
Not in AH2... Once the Mustang gets flaps out, both the Tempest and G-10 are toast if they continue to turn. In AH1, the G-10 could out-turn a P-51D (not the P-51B tho). The new flight model changed that. I fly 109s a lot too. the G-10 is a great E fighter, but unimpressive as a turn fighter. If you want to turn fight, take the 109F-4 or G-2.

The La-7 can out-turn both the 109G-10 and Tempest. Get a notch or two of flaps out on a Mustang, and it will out-turn the La-7 (assuming 50% fuel or less, and I NEVER take more than 50%). And remember, the P-51B is considerably more agile than the D model. I'm sure you realize that you can begin deploying flaps at 400 mph. With the other three, you can't get the flaps down until well below 200 mph, by which time they are long dead unless they break off from such foolishness and run.

Try this: Take a Tempest and either Mustang. Set up in a right or left lufberry and see who gets around on the 6 of the other. You will find that both the Tempest and G-10 have to break out of the lufberry or they die. The AH2 Mustangs will get the flaps out, cut across the circle and vaporize them.

My regards,

Widewing

Exactly correct Widewing, those excellent manuevering flaps are the difference in AH II.

Zazen

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2004, 12:17:27 PM »
Originally posted by Glasses
190 A-8 cus its got 780 rounds of 20mm

I'm sure one day you will complete your gunnery training :D

Typhoon Fw 190D-9 = needed to kill runstang ,Lala,G10 D9 and Typhoon.
F6F-5 = needed to turn plus from time to time there is fight only from a CV
Fw 190A-8   = firepower baby ! Make all plane look fragile
Fw 190A-5 A6M5b = turnfiter ...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 12:20:37 PM by straffo »

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2004, 12:31:05 PM »
The only difference between AH1 and AH2 is the gunnery and stall modelling(and graphics)...I have not seen any flight model diferences on my end.

Come on Zazen..Prove me wrong?..:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 12:34:16 PM by SirLoin »
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2004, 01:35:32 PM »
The only difference between AH1 and AH2 is the gunnery and stall modelling(and graphics)...I have not seen any flight model diferences on my end.

Come on Zazen..Prove me wrong?..:rolleyes:

I'm not sure why I am even wasting my time with you but, if you had read the readme's for AH II you would know the whole way forces are modelled in AH was redone in AH II. Specifically, how those forces interact with the various control surfaces of the planes. Not only that, but several planes had their flight models tweaked, including the P51D, and more are going to be tweaked in the very near future. If you had any insight whatsover into the dynamics of flight you would know full well the P51D of AH II is different in many subtle ways to the P51D of AH I.

Zazen
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 01:42:50 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2004, 01:57:06 PM »

Zazen

I'd put $20 on SirLoin, you wouldn't have a chance against him in a 1v1 duel Zazen.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline GODO

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s/fw190.htm
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2004, 01:59:06 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
I'm sure one day you will complete your gunnery training :D

No way with all 190s having the built-in random bullet trajectory generator device :(