Author Topic: This could really be something.......  (Read 91 times)

Offline Sharky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.31stfightergroup.com
This could really be something.......
« on: January 16, 2000, 01:17:00 AM »
Hi All,

Been playing more the last week than I have since the beta started.  Normally I spend most of my time in WB, but it has become boring and frustrating with connex that are getting worse and worse, packet loss that make guns worthless and 90% of the arena UFO Spitfires.

Downloaded the new version of WB and it contained the new B-24.  The artwork is just horrible, not a single curve in the whole thing.  And of course the beta arena is pay to play so noone is in it.

This latest version of AH is really starting to look very good.  The changes to the terrain are terrific.  The new hi-res gauges are outstanding and I can get 40 fps in 1024x768  

I just find myself spending more and more time in AH, and it looks like alot more people are too,  I often see a hundred in the arena when I log on.  I hope this continues when it goes pay.  Lemme tell you guys that think $30.00 a month is to steep something.  Right now this sim is worth the cost, and it's just beginning, think what it's gonna be like when we have fifty planes and historical arenas, and a RPS and...and...and....  For those guys that just won't be able to swing the cost, no matter how good a deal it is, I understand and wish you luck.

Any way just wanted to say thanks to HT and company for their good work and for giving me somewhere else to fly.  Also thanks to all the folks that fly in here (except the Bishops which must DIE)  

Sharky