Author Topic: Thinking of an experment. #5  (Read 958 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Thinking of an experment. #5
« on: August 04, 2004, 01:42:24 PM »
To see what happens, am considering locking all in threads in the General Discussion ,for a week if any of the following apear.

1. Any flame of some ones post, not a counter discusion, but a flame. Also flame baits.

2. Any personal attacks.

3. A whine, not a suggest ,critisim or view, but the over the top stuff.

What do you guys think is it worth a try to see if it changes the general flavor?

HiTech

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 01:43:06 PM »
there is a point being proven here....
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 01:43:14 PM »
I stick by what i said in #4
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 01:43:57 PM »
im going to get in trouble at work reading all these, cant......pry........myself.. .....away  

LOL
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 01:44:08 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
there is a point being proven here....

yes there is. wonder how long it will take for some to get the point?
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2004, 01:44:30 PM »
Anyone else Starting to get a "Clue" of were this is going ??
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2004, 01:45:35 PM »
My word, these are being locked faster than I can respond....let's see if I can put my thoughts into this one before it goes to the wayside.

I see what you're doing Hitech, I hope others see it and I think it all boils down to the perps need to start policing themselves. I'm not talking about Person A policing Person B, talking about Person A thinking twice before he posts.

These boards are supposed to be fun and stimulating, informative...we're losing that perspective. It's almost getting to the point I skip half the threads nowadays.

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2004, 01:46:51 PM »
HT looks like you are very bored today ;-)
get back to work, we still wait for TOD

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2004, 01:47:22 PM »
Originally posted by Goth
My word, these are being locked faster than I can respond....let's see if I can put my thoughts into this one before it goes to the wayside.

I see what you're doing Hitech, I hope others see it and I think it all boils down to the perps need to start policing themselves. I'm not talking about Person A policing Person B, talking about Person A thinking twice before he posts.

These boards are supposed to be fun and stimulating, informative...we're losing that perspective. It's almost getting to the point I skip half the threads nowadays.

YOU ARE WRONG! SO VERY WRONG... NOW GO AWAY!

p.s. you smell.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2004, 01:48:07 PM »
HiTech taught me my lesson. I can say Arlo is a poopy head. (Nothing wrong with facts right? :) )

But, you can't say they are posting garbage.

Right on HT! wtg, keeping this board G-Rated.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2004, 01:49:13 PM »
LOL,

Sorry I couldn't resist.  I'm a weiner. :D   Oh crap did I just lock this from insulting myself.  damit this is harder than I thought.  hehehe

Most interesting fun I've had on the BBs in a while HT.:aok

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2004, 01:49:49 PM »
Oh, and sorry, i was the one that called twitchy a moron.  I apologize but i felt that he deserved it by his actions over the past couple of days, and i just spoke my mind....
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2004, 01:51:08 PM »
Oh, and sorry, i was the one that called twitchy a moron. I apologize but i felt that he deserved it by his actions over the past couple of days, and i just spoke my mind....
Nice!  See it's working already.  Now we just need to get Akak and Zazen to hug 8)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2004, 01:52:26 PM »
/ Humor off.

I take it that since you asked a question of me in the other thread and it was locked, you still wanted an answer.

I suppose that if you just slam a lock on EVERY thread with ANY semblance of ANY violation, it might work. I'm not saying that is a completely bad thing. If this is your intention, then give it a free two week trial. If it works, stick with it. No problems with that.

I was just proposing that if only some threads were locked, the enforcement could be seen as selective and heavy handed, and cause as much or more trouble as it resolves. The fact that perception is personal, and that opinions are subjective is dangerous to ignore. So long as you leave absolutely no room  for anyone to view any locking as selective or subjective, no reasonable person will take issue. The rest you can and probably should ban. However, if room for doubt is left, there can be problems that could snowball.

I'm behind you all the way for what you intend to make happen. I'm just playing Devil's Advocate for presenting possible problems with the implementation.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2004, 01:52:41 PM »
ok i gotta question. are post in the O club exempt from this? i think you know what thread i am refering to and though I see your point and understand why you allowed it to continue for so long arent you using a double standard? My point being you allowed it in another thread so didnt that set a pecedent that says its ok to post the same type of things you dont want posted now?