Author Topic: Message To Squads....  (Read 1403 times)

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Message To Squads....
« on: June 11, 2001, 10:06:00 AM »
...that switched to Bishops without checking out the numbers before doing so....

FYYFF   :D

[ 06-13-2001: Message edited by: MrLars ]

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2001, 10:08:00 AM »
I love you too. Gimme a hug buddy!

-SW

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2001, 10:52:00 AM »
FYI: I scribbled down some numbers for the last 6 weeks..when I logged in, at various times (Either 5am-7am PST or 4pm-7pm PST) I would write down the numbers of each country when I logged in, and logged out.

For the month of May thru this week of june, the avg. was about this:

59 bishop
45 Rook
38 Knits

One afternoon it was an incredible 105 bish, 45 rooks, 35 knits.

for 27 of 31 days in May, Bish had numbers.

So far, for 8 of 10 days in June, bish have had numbers.

Not just a 'Our turn in the bucket'...since the big influx of AW fans, its become an apparent problem, resulting in mass exits of folks logging in disgust, some even quitting.

For 6 weeks now.

Something should be done?

I know Bish will disagree.

Path of least resistance is inherent in most human beings.

[ 06-11-2001: Message edited by: Ripsnort ]

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2001, 11:11:00 AM »
I'm Bish, thru thick and thin and will remain so.  I must say that the last four weeks has been the first in about ten months that Bishops have had great numbers... and actually winning.  The last two weeks have seen my first (plus 2nd, and 3rd) map reset wins.... Yes, I'd experienced none at all before this in 17 months of playing!    :)  So no, I'm not complaining... I'm happy that Bish aren't gangbanged for a change (in my timezone anyway).

Regards

Nexx

PS  Puts flakjacket, helmet, steel toecap boots on.... oven gloves.... packs elastaplasts...

[ 06-11-2001: Message edited by: Replicant ]
NEXX

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2001, 11:39:00 AM »
Originally posted by Replicant:
I'm Bish, thru thick and thin and will remain so.  [ 06-11-2001: Message edited by: Replicant ]

The message was directed to the squads that rotate, the squads and others that fly Bish EVERY TOD aren't included in my FYYFF.

To the squads that changed to Bish to gain perks from the resets caused by the lopsided numbers, I fart in your general direction..loosers!

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2001, 12:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by MrLars:

loosers!

Spelled: Losers.

We didn't rotate for some perk points, we've been doing this since.. hmmm Tour 7?

-SW

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2001, 01:26:00 PM »
Originally posted by SWulfe:

Spelled: Losers.

We didn't rotate for some perk points, we've been doing this since.. hmmm Tour 7?

-SW

Thanks teach!

BTW...you say you rotated to Bish this TOD? Did you do so without checking to see if arena balance would be effected? If you did check it out, then why did you rotate to the country that had the numbers?

The MOL CO, Dago, decided to give this TOD 3-4 days before we decided to rotate, good thing since Bish was up for this tour...so we rotated to Night cause of the numbers. MAYBE some of the other squad CO's would be so kind as to do something similar next time they decide to rotate. I find it disturbing that some of AH's most honerable squads switched to Bish this TOD. In my book, they are either ignorant of the lack of balance in the MA, OR, they are nothing but score hos out for some easy pickins. Either way, I have absolutly no kind words to say to them...but rather, FYYFF!

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2001, 01:28:00 PM »
He spelled it with a NOO YAWK accent. Which gives the adjective a worse connotation!!

And I agree with him. <mubles..emails...coordinated switches...seen this before...Bz....>

-Westy

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Message To Squads....
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2001, 01:34:00 PM »
MrLars,

I can't speak for other squads, but can speak for ours.  We rotate at the beginning of the tour.  Its that simple.

There is no "checking to see who has numbers" because that doesn't concern us either way.  We are not discriminating in our decision and would prefer to keep it that way.

We've received many perk points for resets, and have been down to two bases before.  We don't leave the country we are flying for under any circumstance except a new month.

While we've been doing this, I've seen numerous squads that change countries to either make the numbers more fair, or to get on the winning side.  Either way, the numbers usually just skew in a different direction.

So.. until some kind of schedule is developed, we will continue on as we have.  AKCurly has already expressed intrest in a little more coordination, but it doesn't seem that many squads are willing to do the same.  We'll stay fixed until that happens.

Once that does happen, you'll get to experience the shear joy that is realizing that people are going to change sides regardless.  Some enjoy the war... some only enjoy winning.

AKDejaVu

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2001, 01:36:00 PM »
First of all, I'm not the CO.

Second of all, whether you have any kind words to say to me or not matters nothing to me. You could call me a rat fink bastard that smells of alderberries, and it won't effect me.

Third of all, I did my two cents trying to coordinate the rotation with Dago. Dig up his thread and I posted information to it, I heard nothing more on it.

Fourth of all, I have no idea what the hell FYYFF or whatever it was means. Care to elaborate?
-SW

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2001, 01:39:00 PM »
<S!> To all the squads that don't rotate! <BELCH!>

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2001, 01:42:00 PM »
Originally posted by SOB:
<BELCH!>

Dude... why does it smell of wine coolers in here all of a sudden??????
-SW

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2001, 01:47:00 PM »
First of all, I'm not the CO.

Third of all, I did my two cents trying to coordinate the rotation with Dago. Dig up his thread and I posted information to it, I heard nothing more on it.

Fourth of all, I have no idea what the hell FYYFF or whatever it was means. Care to elaborate?
-SW

So atleast you did give some effort...but you landed in the country who had the numbers anyway, huh. Maybe a little more effort would be good next TOD, that is IF you want to try and help balance the MA.

I'm afraid of what will happen if we, the players, don't do something about this. I certanly don't want HTC to spend time away from other developement to help solve this problem and give us some balancing routine that will force players to one country or the other...do you?

BTW, the YY's mean you, you, you can figure the rest out I belive <g>

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2001, 02:28:00 PM »

Dude... why does it smell of wine coolers in here all of a sudden??????
-SW

I thought it was Shirly Temples I smelled <g>

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Message To Squads....
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2001, 03:10:00 PM »
naaa...it's fruity pebbles and milk.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!