Author Topic: LOL! NJ Gov. McGreevy resigns...  (Read 813 times)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
LOL! NJ Gov. McGreevy resigns...
« on: August 12, 2004, 03:43:46 PM »
The reason?

He is having an affair during his second marriage with...

Another man.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 03:47:12 PM »
A sad commentary on the continuing need for a closet in our society.

OTOH.. Anyone cheating on his wife is a lowlife scum in my book, regardless of his chosen sandbox.

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
New Jersey Disenfranchised!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 04:31:01 PM »
The Governor of New Jersey just announce live that he is gay and will resign from the governorship on Nov 15th.

According to the NJ constitution, If he were to resign now. The position would be held by the pres. of the NJ senate until the next general election (This Nov.) . If he resigns anytime less than 60 days until the election, the person who gets the position will have it UNELECTED for the whole next term.

This is shady business on the part of the Democrats, who know that there is a viable Republican canidate (The Mayor of Jersey City)

They fear that if Republicans increase their voter turnout to ensure he gets the office..it will also effect the Presidential election in that state.

If the man intends to resign then he should do it now. Why announce it and then wait?

THIS IS AN INTENTIONAL MOVE TO ENSURE THAT THE PEOPLE OF NEW JERSEY DO NOT GET THEIR SAY!:mad:

By the way he is resigning because a former lover is now filing a sexual harrasment and possibly a sexual assault suit against him.

This was live on the radio this afternoon. When a printed reference comes out I will post a link.

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 04:39:15 PM »
please see my post on how this is gonna cause the citizens of NJ to be dienfranchised!

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 04:41:55 PM »
punt..this is an important issue fellas

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 04:44:42 PM »
Good thing you posted that three times...In case someone missed the first two posts.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 04:49:59 PM »
So... why resign?

What does sexual orientation have to do with one's ability to govern?
sand

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 04:54:08 PM »
Cant run a government if you are busy playing spin the poo now can you?

Offline schizer

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2004, 05:23:25 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
So... why resign?

What does sexual orientation have to do with one's ability to govern?

It isnt that, its the fact that he has 2 kids a wife and got caught playing in the mud.  .........Infidelity..........

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2004, 05:25:35 PM »
were hearing that he was being extorted, and between that and his sexual issues, and family issues. He couldn't perform the duties of govenor.
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2004, 05:31:21 PM »
Originally posted by Coolridr
blah blah blah, I was dropped on my head.

Sooo, let me get this strait (no pun intended).  The evil Democrats of New Jersey conspired with the evil Democrat governer to become gay, get outed, then resign...but only when they're within 60 days of the election so the evil Democrat head of the New Jersey senate can become the evil Democrat unelected governator of New Jersey?  Wasn't this the plot to one of the new Star Wars movies?
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2004, 05:38:30 PM »
Yes, but in the movie version Martha Sterwart plays the "other" man, and it's directed by Penny Marshall, not Lucas.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by SOB
Sooo, let me get this strait (no pun intended).  The evil Democrats of New Jersey conspired with the evil Democrat governer to become gay, get outed, then resign...but only when they're within 60 days of the election so the evil Democrat head of the New Jersey senate can become the evil Democrat unelected governator of New Jersey?  Wasn't this the plot to one of the new Star Wars movies?

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2004, 05:39:58 PM »
Yes, but in the movie version Martha Sterwart plays the "other" man, and it's directed by Penny Marshall, not Lucas.

Wasn't Jar Jar the Govenor? or was it Lando?

Charon

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2004, 06:19:44 PM »
Originally posted by SOB

No prettythanghole...they are just using him now for their larger evil agenda.

And I didn't post it 3 times originally.. I started a thred.....I punted it...and posted something about it in this thread which was merged with mine.....:rolleyes:

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2004, 06:34:56 PM »
The real reasons he resigned is so that John Kerry can hire him as his most important adviosor in the war on terror. This wayt the Kerry adminstration will be able to confront the terror threat in a more thsensitive way..