Author Topic: ENY disablements  (Read 10221 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
ENY disablements
« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2004, 12:10:30 AM »
one problem that NONE of this will fix--a mentality issue...WHEN was last time a county OTHER than the SE lost the small pac map?...there are a few similar things i cant think of right now...but the thing is, often (more often than not, it would seem) 2 countries gang up on the third, and no amount of plane meddling will solve situation---its human nature to go after the easiest target. (that being said, I cant beLIEVE anyone is complaining about a scenario that limits 'dweeb' rides)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
ENY disablements
« Reply #91 on: August 15, 2004, 12:23:21 AM »
Originally posted by bj229r
one problem that NONE of this will fix--a mentality issue...WHEN was last time a county OTHER than the SE lost the small pac map?...there are a few similar things i cant think of right now...but the thing is, often (more often than not, it would seem) 2 countries gang up on the third, and no amount of plane meddling will solve situation---its human nature to go after the easiest target. (that being said, I cant beLIEVE anyone is complaining about a scenario that limits 'dweeb' rides)

As I keep saying.
"A Horde is a horde is a horde"
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ENY disablements
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2004, 04:02:50 AM »
Originally posted by Hyrax81st
Your comments didn't address the posters concern that it was related to ATTACK planes
I bet you still don't understand even after this lengthy explanation.
Listen jerkoff.  Mabey you didnt read it since it is the only sentence you sniped from the quote, but Im not required to respond according to your paramaters.  I was not even addressing you when you decided to jump in and start poping off with your implied intelectual superiority.  So FO.

Offline Hyrax81st

• Copper Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ENY disablements
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2004, 04:06:58 AM »
Originally posted by Murdr
Listen jerkoff.  bzzzzzzzzzzzzz-bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The lights are on, but clearly nobody is home...

Goodnight.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ENY disablements
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2004, 04:20:18 AM »
The lights are on, but clearly nobody is home...

Goodnight.

Ha, still not accepting the fact that you are not the BB moderater, and every word typed by others doesnt have to meet your standards.  Fine, keep sticking your fingers in your ears then.

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
ENY disablements
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2004, 11:42:14 AM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
I wonder if this happened to any other squads:

The Shills changed to Knights in the Beta, with the intention of staying Knights in AH2. But when we imported our settings from AH1 during the changeover, it put us back in Rooks (where the AH1 squad remained). There was a confused week where we were spread out, then we just sort of dropped it (summer being here and participation in the summer lull).

-Sik

Hard to say ..... my squad didn't try and change countries coming over.  It is interesting you mention that you were flying in the AH2 beta tho.....

I would suggest you are still flying in an AH2 beta.  The AH2 that was advertised was TOD .... not the current AH1 type game play (which FWIW I am fine with... but).  So if AH2 design isn't fully implemented you are STILL playing in an AH2 beta.  You just have the honor of paying for it.  

:aok

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
ENY disablements
« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2004, 11:44:13 AM »
Originally posted by Karnak
So I can become part of the problem and compete with 10 other players for each enemy?  For some reason that doesn't sound very fun.

Well you certainly support making someone else inconvienced so you can have your fun.  Where is it someone else's responsibility to willingly take measures to ensure you have fun?

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
ENY disablements
« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2004, 11:46:41 AM »
It's funny... when our squad came over from AW - we were on Bish first... didn't like the company - moved to Rook...liked the company.

No other reason than that.

You didn't mention that after you came over we made you take delousing showers, TWICE... before we would let you guys fly any ENY planes!  
 :rofl

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
ENY disablements
« Reply #98 on: August 15, 2004, 11:49:31 AM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
Look, if squadrons aren't moving to more target-rich pastures, or if a bunch of horde-loving freelancers is able to mess up the balance, it's probably better to figure out why and fix that. This new balancer hurts too many people who aren't causing the problem in the first place.

In amongst the childish sniping in these topics I've seen a lot of good ideas about alternate approaches to fix the problem. The use of Perks is one of these. But I'd flip the logic ... meaning I'd accelerate the perk discount  for outnumbered countries rather than charge perks for "normal" planes. So if you're outnumbered all the time, you may be able to actually fly Tempests and C-Hogs and Spit XIV's to your hearts delight even if you don't have 1000's of perks. And that gives people a reason to move, instead of a punishment for not moving.

Ah but the Gestapo was never into positive reinforcement.... they always applied the heavy hand.  I mean in how many businesses do you see the business tell the paying customer....

"This is what we are doing... we will do it as long as we like... quit whining about it... " ?

:eek:

Offline Hyrax81st

• Copper Member
ENY disablements
« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2004, 11:50:39 AM »
Originally posted by 4510
You didn't mention that after you came over we made you take delousing showers, TWICE... before we would let you guys fly any ENY planes!  
 :rofl

LOL!!!

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
ENY disablements
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2004, 11:57:16 AM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Dok...

Unfortunately, HT is convinced that altering the perk system is fruitless (at least that it has been thus far). Something I was thinking of that might address a few of the concerns I have seen expressed would be to tie the current balancer to the number of fields each country has.

Hyrax81st...

Sorry that you seem so ego challenged that you can't accept critisim unless it is couched in friendly terms. The clue is there for anyone prepared to dismount their vitural high horse :).

NB...

I have to get past the first point.... that a fix of ANY KIND is really needed.  I'm stuck on the fact that the three country model DOES provide a tool that enables numbers to be counter balanced.  (well except for Sunday night.. but darn... remember the old GANG THE BZ SUNDAY NIGHTS?... same sort of animal... a one day... so what event.... well unless you were a BZ... my butthole STILL hurts)

But for sake of discussion... if a fix IS needed I like the real estate consideration.  A numerically superior country sitting on home island with 6 fields isn't going to do anything immediately.  Oh yes they may come storming out... and if one doesn't want to face them as they do.... think Russia..... trade space for time and wait for "THE FIX" to kick in.    When a certain % of real estate is then owned it trips "THE FIX".  (Of course this is directly counter to the game play model on which AH is built.... field capture, cooperative missions, arena reset, PERKS !)

But I think the planes should be limited to fields they can take off from and not removed from the plane set.   When "THE FIX" kicks in.... get ready to fly from say the ME163 field.

But I still can't get past the first issue.... I don't think the fix is needed.

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
ENY disablements
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2004, 11:59:14 AM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo

Just seemed like it was time to get people talking about solutions instead of calling each other "princess."

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl

Can't type....            :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl

Offline KaK3MAW

• Zinc Member
ENY disablements
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2004, 12:04:50 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
In Piepers original post he mentions side jumpers for reset.
Wouldn't this help deter this, as the more side jumpers the more the ENV disablement comes into play?

Subtract 20 perks in evry category to anyone who jumps countries and that country wins reset within 24 hours.
I feel this game should make changes that enhances country loyaltiesand  and not dicourage it.
KaK3MAW

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
ENY disablements
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2004, 12:10:22 PM »
Originally posted by 4510

But I still can't get past the first issue.... I don't think the fix is needed.

Yeah ... I don't know why squads aren't moving like they used to.

Maybe all that was "needed" was a command which allowed a squadron leader to move his squad and all his pilots with one action. It'd need some kind of failsafe - like launching a nuke - have 2 other squad members online at the time to "approve" the move.

But rounding up 20 or 40 guys to move or set up a squad is a pain.

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
ENY disablements
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2004, 12:10:55 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Thus far, he seems satisfied that it is doing what he intended. I did run my idea of tying it to the number of fields each country has as a way of placating the folks worried about one country being ganged by the other two. While he wasn't excited by the idea, he was willing to take it under advisement. I would hope that most of the folks complaining here can be sensible enough to give it a week or two and see what happens.

Well I thought the three country model had kicked in nicely prior to this fix.  All last week ( I haven't flown since Thursday.. but did all week) the Rooks were PINNED on the main island Weds and Thursday.  Then we implement a fix for something that apparently isn't broken....

So I am amused that HT claims success for something that was fixing itself.

Also on this numbers issue.  HT claims frustration... can't fix the problem.  Exclude the BBS .... where has he reached out to the community and explained...."We have a numbers problem.... and as a community to ensure a great gaming experience... I need some help in fixing this.  I would like some volunteer squads to move to help balance numbers... etc."  Anyone get an email like that?  Anyone get presented with the problem, and a community approach?  Again don't use the BBS many folks don't come here regularly.  I would suggest no.  We got a "FIX" jammed down our throats and told to live with it.

As for not being excited by your suggestion.  Doesn't surprise me.  HT does some great things, but customer / human  relations is not one of his better skills.  If it didn't come from HT it is already painted with the broadbrush of irrelevance.

BTW...HT did say that he was thinking that he might need to raise the 'threshold' on the balancing code. That would mean the odds would have to be higher for it to kick in.

He needs to change the equation entirely.  It isn't Country A having more than the next most numerous country.... it should be Country A having more than the combined numbers of country B and C kicks in the equation.  If you are going to FORCE something to work... FORCE the game model you built to work...the three country model.  If you use the current equation you don't even NEED three countries.  

:p