Author Topic: WTG Bush administration!  (Read 741 times)

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
WTG Bush administration!
« on: August 16, 2004, 09:04:02 AM »
Finally, they do something smart:

Rip-N-Paste: http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/16/bush.troops.home/index.html

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush is likely to announce Monday a major realignment of U.S. forces around the world, Pentagon officials told CNN.

The move has been in the works for a number of months, with some details trickling out about switching the military from a Cold War stance to one designed to fight the war on terror.

The announcement may come when Bush addresses the Veterans of Foreign Wars convention in Cincinnati, Ohio, on Monday.

At the beginning of the summer, a South Korean Foreign Ministry official said the United States had told him it would like to withdraw a third of its 37,000 troops stationed on the peninsula by the end of next year.

In early June, a U.S. delegation, led by Assistant Secretary of Defense Richard Lawless, said Washington wanted to withdraw some 12,500 U.S. troops by December 2005, according to Kim Sook, head of the South Korean Foreign Ministry's North American bureau.

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld hinted at the change earlier this month, saying the proposed troop realignment would take several years and would likely lead to more American personnel stationed in the United States.

"We've decided that it's time to shift our posture in Europe and Asia and around the world and move from static defense, which does not make much sense today, to a more deployable and usable set of capabilities," Rumsfeld said.

Pentagon and senior administration officials have told CNN that the president's announcement will describe a major reduction and repositioning of U.S. forces overseas, with most reductions coming from Europe -- the rest, from Asia.

One official said the plan would bring some 100,000 family members and military support staff back to the United States.

The move, officials said, is designed to reflect a ready posture for the war on terror, rather than the Cold War stance adopted decades ago when officials believed the Soviet Union posed the biggest threat to America.

"This is a fundamental change and is a change probably in the tactics of our military, so that our people will be more mobile, more available at other places all over the earth," Sen. Richard Lugar, chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, said Sunday.

"There are some things that we should do to redeploy troops so that they are in the best position possible for what the new threats are," said Sen. Carl Levin, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee.

According to the officials, the proposals have been crafted following consultation with American allies and members of Congress.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
WTG Bush administration!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 09:09:25 AM »
The honor of using the title "Rip-n-paste" is only bestowed on those who paste in a timely manner. ;)

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=127156&referrerid=3203
 Welcome to last week. :D

(Howya doing this morning banana? Good week end?)

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
WTG Bush administration!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 09:12:51 AM »
No fair, that was posted during the weekend when I usually take a break from the boards.  :)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Re: WTG Bush administration!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 09:14:57 AM »
Originally posted by banana
Finally, they do something smart:

They shoulda done that the day after Sept 11.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: WTG Bush administration!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 09:18:41 AM »
Originally posted by SirLoin

They shoulda done that the day after Sept 11.
Election year....and you guys think Bush is stupid...keep thinking that!  I don't believe they're through with surprises yet, 80 days to the election.

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
WTG Bush administration!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 09:32:30 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
The honor of using the title "Rip-n-paste" is only bestowed on those who paste in a timely manner. ;)

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=127156&referrerid=3203
 Welcome to last week. :D

(Howya doing this morning banana? Good week end?)

LoL...you guys crack me up:lol

btw...I  had a great weekend. Here in Houston a "cold" front moved in....lol. Temps ranging from lows in the upper 60s to highs in the upper 80s-low 90s....wooohooo! OH! and humidity in the...I dunno, but less than 90%.:D

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
WTG Bush administration!
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 09:45:59 AM »
But really..Within a week after the 9/11 attack..all non-esential troops in Europe should have been re-deployed for an immediate attack on Osama(and his terrorist followers).

Bin Laden family member's should have been imprisoned in Cuba instead of being flown out of the USA to safety.

Afganistan should have been hit hard within the first 3 weeks.

All resources should have been put into toppling Taliban forthright...and pressuring Arab governments into reforming and fighting/capturing Al Quida within this terrorist breeding ground.

Iraq...though a nuicance..kept contained(non threatening nation compared to Osama Bin Laden's army)

Made it his first priorty as president to tackle this situation headon..bypassing the usuall election year initiatives/action measures that are so predictable(and sadly..always too late).
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
WTG Bush administration!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2004, 09:48:18 AM »
But really..Within a week after the 9/11 attack..all non-esential troops in Europe should have been re-deployed for an immediate attack on Osama(and his terrorist followers).

Bin Laden family member's should have been imprisoned in Cuba instead of being flown out of the USA to safety.

All resources should have been put into toppling Taliban forthright...and pressuring Arab governments into reforming and fighting/capturing Al Quida within this terrorist breeding ground.

Iraq...though a nuicance..kept contained(non threatening nation compared to Osama Bin Laden's army)

Made it his first priorty as president to tackle this situation headon..bypassing the usuall election year initiatives/action measures that are so predictable(and sadly..always too late).

I nominate SirLoin for pres.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
WTG Bush administration!
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004, 09:58:50 AM »
Originally posted by slimm50
LoL...you guys crack me up:lol

btw...I  had a great weekend. Here in Houston a "cold" front moved in....lol. Temps ranging from lows in the upper 60s to highs in the upper 80s-low 90s....wooohooo! OH! and humidity in the...I dunno, but less than 90%.:D

Sounds great! I've heard that Texas is getting mild weather this summer, excellent!  We've had 1 or 2 days of rain since May, thats it. Typical summer weather,  55 deg evenings, 85 deg days, and 60% humidity.

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
WTG Bush administration!
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2004, 10:07:49 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Sounds great! I've heard that Texas is getting mild weather this summer, excellent!  We've had 1 or 2 days of rain since May, thats it. Typical summer weather,  55 deg evenings, 85 deg days, and 60% humidity.

Wow, I didnt know the weather around myanus was that mild.:D

Really now, where are you talking about?

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
WTG Bush administration!
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2004, 10:09:37 AM »

That's true, Sirloin, but you know what they say about hindsight.

At least the administration is learning from their lack of foresight and is doing something about it now.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
WTG Bush administration!
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2004, 10:09:51 AM »

What a joke... Sorry Sir Loin I dont buy it.

It would take waaay moere than three weeks to shift our forrces from europe to afghanistan..  Heck look at all the trouble it took yiour glorious clinton and general clark to move just a small force from germany to kosovo...  But you want them moved to afghansitan immedfiately.. Right...

Lets see, what next. Imprison all bin laden family members in cuba... OK.. Why?  You left wingers are against the long term detentions without charges in cuba. Remembere, due process and such stuff.. What would YOU charge them with?

Hit afghaniostan hard in the first 3 weeks. OK... Well knowinng you, as a liberal, "hard" means a few crusise missles. But lets look at the real world.

We attacked afghanistan in the first week opf october. 3 weeks after 911.  In that time we had to:

Build world coalition - remewmber thats really imprtant to you UN lefty guys...

Get overflight and base rights from Pakisatan (HUGE) and the other nations around afghanistan. We even got support from iran IIRC.. I guess all that wasnt really needed? Right? I mean who cares if get in a war with pakistan abecuase they dont like our fighters over their caountry... Remember Musharaff had to make a tough decision..

We had to plan the attack and get to know the situation in country.

We had to get troops there and get ships close to the area...

Finally we gave taliban an ultimatum to turn over the terrorists without a war.

Then we attacked...  Three weeks...

Of course you dont care. None of this matters, you are just trying to bash Bush..
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 10:16:19 AM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
WTG Bush administration!
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2004, 10:11:22 AM »
Originally posted by slimm50
Wow, I didnt know the weather around myanus was that mild.:D

Really now, where are you talking about?

ROTFLOL!!!
:rofl :rofl :rofl

(Seattle area)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
WTG Bush administration!
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2004, 10:30:10 AM »
Now u see Grunwitch..if GWB had pounced on Osama like you pounced on my veiws..

Well..That's my point.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
WTG Bush administration!
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2004, 10:33:08 AM »
Now u see Grunwitch..if GWB had pounced on Osama like you pounced on my veiws..

Well..That's my point.

Why limit it to Bush? Why not expand that to Clinton? Ooohhh, because HE is not the POTUS now...(nor does it fit your political rant)  ;)