Author Topic: Forum rules  (Read 460 times)

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Forum rules
« on: August 17, 2004, 03:56:34 PM »
This is a test to see if this thread gets deleted.

ra

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Forum rules
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 03:59:21 PM »
"11- Do not use overly large signatures. Signatures should not take up more than 3 normal sized text lines in height. Do not use images in your signature.
13- Do not punt topics. Punting would be making a non-substantive post for the express purpose of bring the thread to the top of the thread list. "

hooray for #11, but what's wrong with #13?

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Forum rules
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 04:13:35 PM »
I think some clarification of "non-substantive posts" is in order for sure.

Other than that...it is their boards therefore their rules.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Forum rules
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 04:16:54 PM »
Thinking about it more I guess maybe its all those "In before the lock" posts that pop up from time to time.  In that case, I can agree completely.

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
Forum rules
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 04:17:57 PM »
Originally posted by gofaster
"11- Do not use overly large signatures. Signatures should not take up more than 3 normal sized text lines in height. Do not use images in your signature.
13- Do not punt topics. Punting would be making a non-substantive post for the express purpose of bring the thread to the top of the thread list. "

hooray for #11, but what's wrong with #13?

Maybe the "users" that wanted to have 3+  pages of nothing on there sig like AKS\/\/ulfe and GRUNHERZ  was doing, I know i put those 2 on my Ignore List for that.
Or maybe all the pics in the sigs were taking to long to load for alot of users.

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
Forum rules
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 04:36:23 PM »
Those rules are designed for civilized discussions.  Shoot, half the fun in here is reading the posts.

As Spock said to Dr. McCoy, he was quite entertained by the constant flow of illogic coming from the good doctor.:D

Dr. McCoy:  Spock, you haven't listened to a thing I've said have you?

Spock:  Actually I have doctor, the constant flow of illogic you bring forth is quite entertaining.

This is how it should be.

Les

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Forum rules
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 04:59:08 PM »
Originally posted by gofaster
Thinking about it more I guess maybe its all those "In before the lock" posts that pop up from time to time.  In that case, I can agree completely.

looks like we vilolate the 3 line text signature...... i would need to compress it in the morning..... thats a shame me thinks but it can be done

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Forum rules
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 05:08:41 PM »
15 Do not cut and past whole topics and follow it up with stupid emoticons instead of your own thought on the issue.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Re: Forum rules
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2004, 05:16:27 PM »
Originally posted by ra
This is a test to see if this thread gets deleted.

ra

Was there something deleted already here?  :confused:

I saw the "sticky" about forum rules but didn't know if there was more than the quote above at the start of this thread.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 05:20:33 PM by Maverick »
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown