Author Topic: Any old Air Warriors out there?????  (Read 151372 times)

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Any old Air Warriors out there?????
« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2005, 01:59:07 AM »
Originally posted by eh
One of the things that made AW great was the Officer's Club (?) where guys from all sides could meet and chat with one another.
Yes that is one of the features I miss from AW.... in fact there were about 10 Officers' Clubs as far as I remember, so that groups could go off and chat in relative peace.  Often, I would log in and hang around in the first OC, watching players as they arrived; sometimes, I'd end up spending more time chatting in there than actually playing, and formed some great friendships.  Nice thing about it was the lack of radio chat in the background - as was the case everywhere in AW on the ground.  Popping into the 'radio room' was the only way of communicating with those 'in flight'.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Chitownflyer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2005, 02:20:40 AM »
I flew in AW in compuser was

was in about three squads as i can remember.

Warbeagles
tsharks
Damned

any rate those were hedey days

that was back in 1995 or 1996 belive
and got in to Aw by installing the
game from the Computer server
cd disk that came with the service

I sure miss the day of 150 dollar per month bills

Chi
Groupthink: ... "a deterioration of mental efficiency, reality testing, and moral judgment that results from in-group pressures." Essentially, people within a group become so consumed with the group, maintaining group cohesiveness, and doing what is important for the group that they themse

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2005, 09:43:31 AM »
hehe A26.. Ammo for days and days and days and days and days and days...  lol

We used to mount 15 pep a26 raids..  That was pretty good size for AW.. We'd level the entire badguy base and then vulch.. omg the times.. That was w/ the 52nd and friends.. Was a hoot!

kappa

Offline NomadRip

• Zinc Member
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2005, 09:08:35 PM »
I haven't played anything in years...but I recognize a bunch of you:D  Lemme see if I can get this game loaded here...

Was only ever in one squad, started on AOL a "little while" ago.:p

Offline Wind

• Zinc Member
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2005, 10:17:33 PM »
Originally posted by NomadRip
I haven't played anything in years...but I recognize a bunch of you:D  Lemme see if I can get this game loaded here...

Was only ever in one squad, started on AOL a "little while" ago.:p

EEeeGads!  Not aNOTHER Nomad n00b!

Silat, calling Silat!  You better get this guy in quick-like.  The plus guys need new bait fast!  Your k/d is already suffering.

:p

W~

Offline CHECKERS

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1502/index.html
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2005, 12:34:27 AM »
I was CHKRS in AirWarrior   flew with `Cucas Squad` and later with SeaSerpents .......100% CZ .

AirWarrior was pure fun .... I miss it big time .........

CHECKERS
Originally posted by Panman
God the BK's are some some ugly mo-fo's. Please no more pictures, I'm going blind Bet your mothers don't even love ya cause u'all sooooooooo F******* ulgy.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2005, 10:01:12 AM »
Originally posted by dtango
I'm showing my age...

I flew AW back in the days it was on Genie (anybody remember that???) - when the planes were just plain polygon shapes (maybe like 10-12 polygons!!) with no color but a solid tan paintjob that sorta-kinda resembled the different planes especially if you squinted enough.

My how far we have come!

Tango, XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs

Yeah Tango I remeber those days. I was jagr in JG-3. I was paying long distance charges to play AW on Genie. I remember I was about to quit and they added color. I believe it was just to a couple of aircraft at first. The spit was suddenly green and the F6F suddenly blue. That kept me around another month, then I left until I got stationed somewhere where there was a local connection. By the time that happened Warbirds had come out and I moved there. I wish I could remember my 4 digit ID number but can't. I remember a few names from those days. Drum, Totn, and Tomminator. Hehhe long time ago. :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Don

• Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2005, 10:35:28 AM »
>>Yup........cz ruled.......it was all part of the great cz conspiracy.........

We made the bz crazy with envy and poisened the az gene pool with infected sheep..........

the cods wept with laughter and blessed their favoured sons (and daughters)........<<

Hehe, I recall many of the Cz made liberal use of psychogenic drugs back then; caused them to think they were winners :)
It's also where the Cz conspiracy histeria originated:rofl
« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 10:47:06 AM by Don »

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2005, 11:22:17 AM »
Originally posted by Don
>>Yup........cz ruled.......it was all part of the great cz conspiracy.........

Hehe, I recall many of the Cz made liberal use of psychogenic drugs back then; caused them to think they were winners :)

heh. musta ben on drugs if you think CZ ruled anything.

Oh they had their moments but As a Bz I remember Az being the larger threat.

Az were my sworn enemy (it was personal) But I usually went to the area where the larger threat was reguardless of country. which still ended up being Az most of the time.

I always viewed CZ being an occasional neusence. But nothing more than that.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2005, 01:07:24 PM »
I only flew FR, was there for a year or three. Always Az. I remember when AW Classic died . I remember when AWMV, the final iteration, died.

I left AW about a week before THOSE people pulled the plug. I had to go to a trade show that weekend. It was a quiet night that night, not the usual rowdy barhopping I do at the tradeshows. I remember drinking a LOT, and being VERY dark and illtempered all night. I went to a dozen bars or so.

I've never stopped cursing that company whose name is not spoken, never. I've never even tried another piece of their software either.

The last year or so of AW was sort of strange for me. I'd left the only squad I've ever flown with early in the year, so I wandered about in A land, just flying, and only when the mood struck me. Only at the end did it truly come to me what AW had been for me. The last year was pretty painful for me, especially the end, and I was VERY bitter.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2005, 01:13:11 PM »
i started with Cz, went on a 6 month deployment and when i got back i went Az and joined up with the 38 Specials.  i stayed Az with them till they went to the evil Bz, so i  joined up with the Wings of Terror.  always thought the Az had the most talent across the board, but each country had their good sticks.  just felt so sorry for the Cz, they had to deal with Rice1.:lol
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2005, 03:13:32 PM »
same as here doobs, flew bz(hated the MAW in a big way back then)

Flew with Malena squad first, Then merged with the VF-63 Hellcats.

Anybody remember the Philadelphia experiment in aw.

Link to list old squads
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
Re: Any old Air Warriors out there?????
« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2005, 04:22:03 PM »
Originally posted by ->OD
Hey, I was curious if anyone here is an old hand from the AirWarrior-AirWarrior 3D days?
Thanks
->OD
"WidowMakers Squadron"

There are a few from the good ol' DOS days too :D
George "Alky®" Fisher

Offline 345

• Zinc Member
« Reply #148 on: May 22, 2005, 09:07:16 PM »
Started End of 96 once AOL went flat rate for games as I tried flying for one month in 94 on my Dads Genie account and got baned from the computer until I was able to pay him back the $210 bill I ran up due to AW. :)

CPID was 345 on AOL and GS. Handle changed many times. Moved to FR after starting in RR due to getting hooked on FR scenarios. :) COed two and GLed in all I could. Flew AW till then end of 99 constantly until I joined the Navy. Flew sporadically till the end.

Came to AH about a year ago and am now flying with the Shillelagh as z345.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 09:09:58 PM by 345 »

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2005, 10:33:55 PM »
Originally posted by 345
snip
I tried flying for one month in 94 on my Dads Genie account

94??? Damn, Carl, you had to be all of what, 12 years old? :)

culero (no wonder, NOW it makes sense!)
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey