Author Topic: Any old Air Warriors out there?????  (Read 145714 times)

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
Any old Air Warriors out there?????
« Reply #210 on: June 10, 2005, 10:27:42 PM »
2: KillnU, Special Eds were never Bz, they went Cz. VMPR could never make it on Bz cuz no one liked him over there. Especially me

umm yes the did...and when they did go Bz, i stayed Az and joined Wings of Terror.  ask murdr next time you see him on, he was Bz with them, remember him killing me once or twice. :D
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: Hell yes I remember!
« Reply #211 on: June 10, 2005, 11:48:53 PM »
Originally posted by Airmigan

I am probably going to start paying for AH again soon.   ....  It's just been real hectic here and will be for a while longer, but after it slows down, I'll most likely renew my account and try to learn how to fly the unfriendly skies again.

That is excellent!  Air, it is great to see you around again, and when things slow down some for you in real life, when you are ready to get going in Aces High, drop me an e-mail or give me a call if you'd like, and I'd be glad to help get you up to speed with the AH settings, environment, etc.  My e-mail is brooke at electraforge.com, and my home phone (Pacific time zone) is 425-827-2486.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #212 on: June 10, 2005, 11:49:50 PM »
Now, Moggy, how about you? :)  I know you are ready to try it out if only those settings will cooperate!

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #213 on: June 11, 2005, 08:13:48 AM »
Originally posted by Brooke
Now, Moggy, how about you? :)  I know you are ready to try it out if only those settings will cooperate!

He's, ummm...otherwise occupied :)

culero ~goingtohell~

“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
« Reply #214 on: June 11, 2005, 08:20:52 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
When most of us came over during the Exodus, he came along with too but only lasted 3 days.  I'm being serious when I say it took him two days to learn how to take off without crashing.  On the 3rd day he kept whining on how messed up the flight model was because he kept stalling out when he tried to turn.  So he gave up and went to Fighter Ace to play in the RR arenas there.  Think he and RAGS finally settled down together in a double wide trailer somewhere in Nebraska and had some kids.

ack-ack

He was actually in our squad for a short time at the end. His real time play by play commentary of his own flights where the most hilarious thing you've ever heard! And then he'd auger and be quiet for about 5 minutes! :rofl

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #215 on: June 13, 2005, 09:31:19 AM »
Originally posted by Brooke
and remember meeting Moggy (Moggy, that was you, right?) at an Air Warrior booth set up at the Reno air races in 2000 or 2001.  He gave me an Air Warrior hat that still sits atop my computer monitor today.

That May Have been Stilleto, I think he went to the Reno Air Races and Had a booth (AW and RC Planes If I'm not mistaken) I Haven't seen Stileto in years.

Doug
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
« Reply #216 on: June 13, 2005, 11:06:25 AM »
Originally posted by killnu
just felt so sorry for the Cz, they had to deal with Rice1.:lol

I believe it was Rice1 that had landed an A26 at the end of a runway,and was shooting everything that spawned.The guys that had actually de-acked the base were just a bit upset,and he didn't seem to care.

I being the helpful friendly sort,augered and logged in on my shades account,switched to A-land,and spawned a FP and killed him.

I may still have the film somewhere,lol.

Offline GrimMOT

• Zinc Member
« Reply #217 on: June 27, 2005, 02:27:20 PM »
Hey -> OD !!

I started playing AW on AOL June 97...played mostly RR up untill 2000.

Cpid was motley and frozz the first few months..gunned for a guy named TONG for a bit before joining up with the ??nd Flying Panthers.

Changed cpid to Maxco and went to RRE and joined the Purple Hearts (POP45 AIROW..) for a while..then co-founded the Hired Guns with DUI.

Changed cpid to `GRIM & MOTXO and formed the Motley Aces Nov. 97 Actually we had quite a few good RR pilots, Alster, Jonesy(later JoMAW)  ,Term8,Homey,Olfox (R.I.P.)Yahoo,Ctchr....

Most of these guys went with me a few years later when I formed the 17th TFS Metal Militia..AW was aging, lot of these guys gave up and played other games.

Me and Nosho joined your squad (/\)idow (\/)akers a short time later ->GRM and ->NSO..was fun flying with you guys! I remember going back to AOL AW3 to check these new Widow Makers Lute had formed. Great guys..got my $1.99  an hour worth at their expence tho..took my kills and went back to Gamestorm/EA.

About this time I was flying with ACCS in FR and you guys during the late evening hours...then AW died.

Just came back to online sims a few months back and got a invite to the C-Hawks:aok

GR!M

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #218 on: June 27, 2005, 03:17:51 PM »
Longtime no see Grim.  Welcome back and hope u stick with AH.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline GrimMOT

• Zinc Member
« Reply #219 on: June 27, 2005, 03:28:07 PM »
Thanks Dogg!

I plan too..I'm having a blast here.

GR!M

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #220 on: June 28, 2005, 09:13:46 AM »
Originally posted by GrimMOT
I remember going back to AOL AW3 to check these new Widow Makers Lute had formed. Great guys..got my $1.99  an hour worth at their expence tho..took my kills and went back to Gamestorm/EA.
GR!M

AOL WM's were several years old when I showed up.  IIRC they and the GS WM's were formed within months of each other.  +WM1 Spidr (used to fly AH as DmdSpidr I think, and can be found lurkin' in H2H land) was the fouder of the AOL WM's.  

I cam to AH during the AW exodus, lasted my 2 week trial, hated it, and quit flying for almost a year.   Came back, hooked up with the WM's that were on AH, and the rest, is history.

Good to see you Grim.  Those were fun days.  I 2 recall heading over to G.S. to fight some of the G.S. (/\) (\/)'s and had alot of fun hunting those guys.  

(sigh) good times.....
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
Re: Re: BTW
« Reply #221 on: June 28, 2005, 10:41:48 AM »
Originally posted by Murdr
38 Specials had a policy of being on the country that needed pilots the most.  Bz was never seriously in the bucket during that time.  Skillets were Bz, and many of them got along with vmpr just fine.

Yep I was a Skillet and never had a problem with Vmpr.  Geez I miss old SKT and the rest of the frying pan gang.

All the Best...
Jay
awDOC1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #222 on: July 28, 2005, 11:05:08 PM »
Sorry I'm late- Brooke pointed me to this thread.

Wow what a flood of memories!  I remember so many of you guys.  Horn: thanks for the list of ship numbers, amazingly I remember lots of those as well.

I was ship 715, handle 715 (and I still am: 715B in AH2).  I started with either the tail end of campaign 1 or beginning of campaign 2 of AW ver 1 on the Amiga on GEnie.  Man that game could make a serious dent in a charge card.

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
« Reply #223 on: July 28, 2005, 11:41:34 PM »
Its no coincidence that Air Warrior and Dicover Card took off at the same pace :(

Offline popgun

• Zinc Member
« Reply #224 on: July 29, 2005, 05:16:46 PM »
Just for kix, some of you reeeally old timers oughta send your mugshot here.

AW Mugshots

This could be frightening !!

p
o
p
g
u
n
...Immel still on top o' this ??