Author Topic: CT needs more pilots...  (Read 4253 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2004, 01:53:50 AM »
Originally posted by jamusta
Arlo those point holds merit in my opinon for one reason...numbers.. In the MA everything but the ganging that I dont like in the CT is balanced out by numbers. In the MA i can always find a fight no matter what a group of people do.

So today I go into the CT to check out the action. 1st complete dot dar over enemy fields is too much. In my opinion just over friendly fields is good enough. AT the time there were about 15 players on. BUT since there is dar I found  fights. Some good fights even tho I got shot down a bunch. Numbers werent balanced so I switched. Just to find out that there were no bish flying. While I was flying for bish I noticed a field being captured. Bish were capturing undefended fields. So I asked why do that? Why not capture the field that the enemy ups from? As usual you get negative feedback. With just 15 people on and 6 of the 8 bish milkrunning how fun is that. When numbers got to be around 40 it became more fun to be in there. Unfortunately I had a spit run from my 110 all the way to his higher budies. I had to log after that. Had great fights with Redd and Inyo.

Sorry it turned out that way for ya, musta. Tell ya what. Come fly the Thursday missions with us and see if that isn't more fun for ya. If it ain't ... I'll refund your CT tollgatefee ... but not the MA one. ;)

Offline memnon

• Copper Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2004, 02:41:12 AM »
I have supported the CT in the hopes that it would one day become so enjoyable that everyone would want to spend there time there. Now it's has one less player and i could care less what happens to it. HTC use the space to expand the MA that will make you more money. :mad:

storch

CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2004, 02:47:18 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
CurtissP: It'this basic idea of why the CT has lower numbers than it could have. Not the radar setting in paticular. But the all or nothing thought proccess. Go back and read my suggestion & goal post in the CT Staff forum.

You have your idea of the perfect CT, other people have theres, what needs to happen for the CT to increase it's numbers is find the one idea that everyone has in common about the CT. (IMO it is different planes for different sides)

Implement that, and everything else just make it apeal to the LARGEST cross section. It is the not willing to give on the small things that limits the numbers most.

HiTech

That's exactly right.  Many times many players have asked for this or that airplane to be represented (F4U-4 CHog, Ta 152, Me 163 110 in Japanese planeset etc ad infinitum ad nauseum)  by more than just one player and the CT Staff in their infinite wisdom reject the idea.  The result then becomes predictable, low numbers.  The CT should never sacrifice game play for exact historical accuracy until every conceivable aircraft available in a scenario is modelled.  Just my opinion of course but I would have long ago allowed the 190A5 as a substitution for the Ki84 in every mid-late Pac set up and the hog would be present in every Pac set up from late '42 on.  I would further render the puffy ack harmless.  No way that 88's would engage fighters at all let alone 1sys or 2 sys.

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2004, 04:31:14 AM »
I just gotta say that those MA three sided wars are not for me... and the CT has always been my venue in AH, and warpbirds.... ;)

Taking the CT away, IMHO, would be a death knell for AH, to all us grognards of air combat.  Sure we'd still have the special events, but here again, those are not everyone's cuppa...

Couldn't hurt to try and swap the MA to CT positions on selection screen once a week, or month even.
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2004, 05:25:39 AM »
The last 2 times i went to the CT i was treated verry unfriendly.

Maybe its just me, but i had the feeling to be unwanted and disturbing them so i left again. Like a small group of players that have THEIR arena, wondering why so few people online.

ciao schutt

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2004, 07:00:50 AM »
Originally posted by Redd
Is there generally more aggro in  the CT over the radio ? I 've had 2 stoushes in 2 days , and I never fight over the radio in the MA ..never.

Does the axis/allies thing cause more disparity/aggression between the sides, or did I just strike a bad time ?

Maybe it's the plane match-ups  that cause it I guess. Both of these were guys in a particular plane telling me how and when and whether I should fight it on their terms.

I have found it more hostile in that way than the MA, no biggie , but interesting.

That is the bigest problem in the CT. Guys wanting to dual it out like they were at the OK Carral! Thats what thw DA is for!

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2004, 07:10:24 AM »
Arlo those point holds merit in my opinon for one reason...numbers.. In the MA everything but the ganging that I dont like in the CT is balanced out by numbers. In the MA i can always find a fight no matter what a group of people do.

So today I go into the CT to check out the action. 1st complete dot dar over enemy fields is too much. In my opinion just over friendly fields is good enough. AT the time there were about 15 players on. BUT since there is dar I found  fights. Some good fights even tho I got shot down a bunch. Numbers werent balanced so I switched. Just to find out that there were no bish flying. While I was flying for bish I noticed a field being captured. Bish were capturing undefended fields. So I asked why do that? Why not capture the field that the enemy ups from? As usual you get negative feedback. With just 15 people on and 6 of the 8 bish milkrunning how fun is that. When numbers got to be around 40 it became more fun to be in there. Unfortunately I had a spit run from my 110 all the way to his higher budies. I had to log after that. Had great fights with Redd and Inyo.

So what you are saying is that when you are logged into the CT all players must stop what they are doing and come find you in a fighter? We hear the same thing over and over again. If all you MA guys would come into the CT at the same time, the numbers would be high. There are many MAers who say they check numbers then leave. Well, if the 50 players would all come in a stay for a while, there would be 50 players. If all 50 player just look and leave, then there are no players. Duh!

Come in on Thursday nights at 10pm eastern time. Someone has to LEAD the way. Most MAers dont wont to lead, they just want to follow. Be a leader, log into the CT and stay for a while. If everyone did this, sooner or later the CT would always be active.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2004, 07:29:57 AM »
Originally posted by memnon
I have supported the CT in the hopes that it would one day become so enjoyable that everyone would want to spend there time there. Now it's has one less player and i could care less what happens to it. HTC use the space to expand the MA that will make you more money. :mad:

What in the fargin' world is goin' on here? What have you done with Memnon?

----------------------------------------
Never Give Up Never Surrender

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2004, 07:31:03 AM »
So today I go into the CT to check out the action. 1st complete dot dar over enemy fields is too much. In my opinion just over friendly fields is good enough. AT the time there were about 15 players on. BUT since there is dar I found  fights.  

The extensive DAR coverage on this map is due to it being the BoB scenario map with greatly enhanced field radar radii.  Open your map, right click and lcik on radar and look at the mess of overlapping and large radar coverages.

The distance base radar functions is entirely an arena setting. the CT staff(er) running this can reduce it back to "MA norms" which is about 10 miles. Why the current settings were left I cannot presume to know the motives of the CT staffer responsible.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2004, 07:35:09 AM »
Originally posted by Schutt
The last 2 times i went to the CT i was treated verry unfriendly.

Maybe its just me, but i had the feeling to be unwanted and disturbing them so i left again. Like a small group of players that have THEIR arena, wondering why so few people online.

ciao schutt

Try Thursday night at 10 pm Eastern when all the real regulars are there. Let's see if that doesn't make a significant difference then we can compare notes and figure out what caused the difference. :)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2004, 07:41:00 AM »
Originally posted by Schutt
The last 2 times i went to the CT i was treated verry unfriendly.[/b]

perhaps when he says "unfriendly" he was referring to the fact over 3 months with very little time in CT ( 90 mins of fighter time, 0 kills, 17 sorties) he has 14 deaths and 1 bail?

:D
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Enkidu

• Zinc Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2004, 07:59:22 AM »
That would fit my definition too.

(storch, being shot down 15 times to zilch would seem unfriendly. not wrong or not my fault but...)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 08:22:48 AM by Enkidu »

storch

CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2004, 08:10:48 AM »
Originally posted by Enkidu

What would??

storch

CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2004, 10:06:45 AM »
Originally posted by Enkidu

(storch, being shot down 15 times to zilch would seem unfriendly. not wrong or not my fault but...)

Enkidu, for my part I saw you on for the first time two days ago.  I was immediately impressed with your skill and was going to engage you on private but before I could congratulate you, you had logged.  Sooooo consider yourself congratulated on a fine performance against three others.  Anyone I know would have been shot down under similar circumstances.  As to the zilch part I believe you shot down let's see umm, ammmmm errr ME!!!!!  I'm sure you went down as well because it was a HO and I didn't see you after that.

The game takes forever to learn and then some to learn well.  I've been playing 16 months and still suck tremendously and get frustrated often.

If I see you on again I'll say "Hi"  If you want feel free to ask any questions of myself or any of the other regulars I'm sure we would all be glad to help.....as we shoot you down :D  Remember it's a silly game and your next plane costs you nothing.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2004, 10:45:53 AM »
Originally posted by TheBeeg
Then the next night I come into the CT and there is Dover (another thing about my other Sim, it has names and not stupid numbers) firmly in Axis hands. WTF? I'm looking for a nice air battle and half the Axis force of 6 are manning field AAA in Merry Olde Dover WTFF??
The Beeg

Speaking for myself as a CT Staffer only. If I see something like that I will head to the setup selection in my menus and change ownership of the bases back to the original. All in the name of making it what this arena really is about for you guys...GAMEPLAY!

This arena isn't about only flying this plane or that one its about a segment of the AH population having fun when they have no fun in the MA. On the no name bases well that has been my point of contention with this game for as long as I have been playing it. Along with the silly Knight, Bishop and Rook country names. But then after WB and AW with their silly colors and Cz, etc.. I went to Fighter Ace which had 5 different countries and we all lobbied for an Axis vs. Allies arena over there to have it for a very short time before they pulled the plug on it. Look at it this way also this game company is thousands of percentage points better at customer service that 99% of the other online flight sim games out there.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"