Author Topic: fake purple hearts at the RNC  (Read 4845 times)

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
fake purple hearts at the RNC
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2004, 09:41:10 PM »
b17
 We know he served, but there are alot of questions about those medals. If it were cut and dried this would have gone away.

The only way to find the truth is to investigate, kerry could shut them up by releasing his full service record. AS far as I know he has not yet. Not that I am keeping track of this much. I do not care all that much what he did in Vietnam. What he did when he came back is enough for me to never, consider voting for him.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2004, 09:43:12 PM »
Not exactly the riots that some people were predicting is it?

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2004, 09:48:16 PM »
What do you mean Thrawn?

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2004, 09:49:11 PM »
his full service record.  i though the military decides when to release those.

Have you served?  if you have then consider my opion on you about this reversed.  if not then please don't critize for actions done during a time at war.

As for me i want to serve, but i had an accident 3 years ago where i served a nerve and cut an arti to my hand.  one hand looks more white than the other because they had to tie it off.  i had surgery on the nerve.  I will never get full motion back in that hand, and even worse it is my left hand.  im left handed.  I brings a tear to my eye of the though i wont be able to serve due to a stupid hand.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2004, 09:56:29 PM »
No I never served.

Oh and I am not critising, I am questioning. I would like to know the truth, at this point I doubt we ever will though.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 10:00:45 PM by GtoRA2 »

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2004, 10:26:48 PM »
you guys that are arguing for this are really barking up the wrong tree here.  It doesnt matter the meaning/intentions it is how it is spinned.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2004, 10:31:42 PM »
The author of this thread titled it

Whether out of ignorance or whether he was "sexing up" what really happened doesn't matter. However, it’s completely incorrect.

No "fake purple hearts" were given out. What they gave out certainly was simply a purple colored heart shape on a Band-Aid. It gave me a chuckle. Any thing else you all want to read into it is on you. I have some Band-Aids with snakes on them for my nephews. How insensitive to all those who suffered snake bites...

Don't think that every one else will just parrot along with your feigned indignation. Some things are just funny regardless of how "insensitive" they maybe.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2004, 10:33:11 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
you guys that are arguing for this are really barking up the wrong tree here.  It doesnt matter the meaning/intentions it is how it is spinned.

lol you are the one "spinning"

"faked purple hearts"

wtf...

Nice spin...

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2004, 10:36:14 PM »
It is funny, but in pisspoor taste for the convention.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2004, 10:39:27 PM »
It's a stupid move. Nobody at anyway connected with Bush or the Republican campaign should be within 10,000 miles of a stunt like that.

Kerry has run aground on VN and he did the steering.

Best to leave him high and dry and present the RNC message, ignoring Kerry's problems.

The RNC powers that be are fools if they don't clamp this down immediately.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2004, 10:42:00 PM »
They did, toot suite.  There are no more bandaids.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2004, 10:47:28 PM »
been much better if they'd just worn shirts and caps with this on them :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2004, 10:57:41 PM »
B17  there are many many things you can do to serve your country.

Believe me the military is not the only way, look at lincoln and roosevelt and so many many others. But I would hope you would take the time to study real history books, see what your country truely stands for, decide for your self if you will love it or hate it.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2004, 11:06:03 PM »
wow.....I've only seen it on every major news outlet tonite.

Weather they be fake or "Bandaids" with what might be considered purple hearts the intention was thier to sudjest that Kerry recieved 3 of them for superficial bandaid wounds.  While I agree with this the I do not feel this is a path that my party needs to go down.  

A bandaid w/ a purple heart on it or representing a purple heart even in protest degrades anyone who has ever gotten one.  This is something I expect from the left not the right.

MSNBC Correspondent Chip Reed,: What is that on your chin?

Pat Peel-Delegate from Texas: I have a purple heart, I hurt myself this morning… uhh… swimming a river I think it was.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 11:10:49 PM by Gunslinger »

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2004, 11:14:33 PM »
The whole thing just reflects the republicans campaign of "true lies". They don't care they belittle the Purple Heart, and with it anyone who recieved it, just as long as they can keep a false rumor floating. Didn't the President himself say Kerry's service was honorable?
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.