Author Topic: fake purple hearts at the RNC  (Read 4848 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
fake purple hearts at the RNC
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2004, 12:55:37 AM »
Originally posted by rpm371
And Clinton is running for...?

Hey, remember Nixon?:rolleyes:

Ahh yes. The democratic party valuse miltary service in nam as akey virtue - BUT YOU MUST NOT EVER BRING UP CLINTON.

I'll just let yiou deal with that duble standard by yourself.

And Nixon?  What about him? Not sure what that has to do with Clinton's lack of service and the dems hypcricy but ok..  

So about Nixon..

Watergate was dumb thing toi do of course, both the  tricks and espeically the coverups, but then Clinton was impeached as well.

He got us out of Vietnam in perhaps the best possible way considering the damage done by Johnson.

He did a brilliant thing in seperating china from the ussr. Who would ever think that the USA would walk out of the vietnam war with a closer relationship to china.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2004, 01:08:53 AM »
Medals can be bought by anyone at the local Army/Navy store. It shouldnt be like that. They should only be awarded by the branches. Cheapens the whole thing.

~AoM~

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2004, 01:09:31 AM »
Originally posted by Wotan
I have some Band-Aids with snakes on them for my nephews. How insensitive to all those who suffered snake bites...

That too.  So what about Bob Dole last week?  When he critisized Kerry for recieving purple hearts for nothing more that scratches, was he dishonoring all vets too?  IIRC Dole laied on the battlefield seriously wounded for 9 hours before he was treated, and lived the rest of his life permently disabled.

It wasnt the wisest joking jab to do, but it is hardly an affront to the entire military.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2004, 01:15:39 AM »
Originally posted by Murdr
That too.  So what about Bob Dole last week?  When he critisized Kerry for recieving purple hearts for nothing more that scratches, was he dishonoring all vets too?  IIRC Dole laied on the battlefield seriously wounded for 9 hours before he was treated, and lived the rest of his life permently disabled.

It wasnt the wisest joking jab to do, but it is hardly an affront to the entire military.

<----is military....does not have a purple heart.....took offense to it

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2004, 01:55:32 AM »

And then there was that *other* purple heart that Bob Dole was awarded.

The one resulting from flesh wounds received due to throwing your grenade at a tree, causing said grenade to bounce back and blow up in the vicinity of the thrower... one Mr. Bob Dole... resulting in er... flesh wounds and a purple heart.

Bob Dole now whoring himself out to the lowest bidder.

A shame he signed up for this noble cause.  He got used.

This is a can of worms. And I aint forgetting who opened it.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2004, 02:02:52 AM »
Originally posted by Nash

This is a can of worms. And I aint forgetting who opened it.

What do you mean?

But just for kicks. :)

The liberal groups who began attacking bush's guard service?

The liberal groups who compared Bush to Hitler?

Or was it the big big liberal group that picked a presdidential candidate who, despite his 20 years as a Senator, has nothing to run on other than his 4 month swift boat service in Vietnam?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
please don't compare Dole's sacrifice to skerrys - there is none
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2004, 05:43:12 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
wow.....I've only seen it on every major news outlet tonite.

Weather they be fake or "Bandaids" with what might be considered purple hearts the intention was thier to sudjest that Kerry recieved 3 of them for superficial bandaid wounds.  While I agree with this the I do not feel this is a path that my party needs to go down.  

A bandaid w/ a purple heart on it or representing a purple heart even in protest degrades anyone who has ever gotten one.  This is something I expect from the left not the right.

MSNBC Correspondent Chip Reed,: What is that on your chin?

Pat Peel-Delegate from Texas: I have a purple heart, I hurt myself this morning… uhh… swimming a river I think it was.

which degrades the people who truly sacrificed for their country and earned a Purple Heart - some twit trying to get on the tele with a bandaid or some twit who received 3 of them in 4 months - none of which required an overnight stay in a hospital, one of which he received for a self inflicted scratch he then himself asked for ...

leave our "war-hero" alone....mean ole RNC bee-atch - LOL
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Finrod

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2004, 06:30:33 AM »
Some of ya'll really need to relax. I have a purple heart and I took no offense at the folks with the bandaids at the RNC.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2004, 06:59:34 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
<----is military....does not have a purple heart.....took offense to it

Well I never got anything better than the NDSM, and I did not take offense to it.  Now Kerry's protest activities, that is more along the lines of offensive.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2004, 08:36:45 AM »
Well I never got anything better than the NDSM, and I did not take offense to it.  Now Kerry's protest activities, that is more along the lines of offensive.

that's something I totally agree with you on this.

this just seems like something the left would do, not the right.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2004, 09:21:09 AM »
blah....

blah........

blah............
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2004, 09:34:46 AM »
It was in poor taste. But then so are all of the attacks on Kerry's service record.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2004, 10:29:55 AM »
And Bush's service record, right MT?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2004, 10:39:58 AM »
Geez..who cares? They weren't attacking the medal or what it meenas. Someone was just making fun of that Horse faced herman munster look-alike.....I don't think it was in poor taste. The medal's value is not diminished by this, but someone who gets awarded one for some BS does.

Offline Buzzer

• Zinc Member
      • http://w1.2755.telia.com/~u275500047/WARBIRDS/warbirds.htm
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2004, 11:08:26 AM »
Kerry:
http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilservice/militaryrecords_1.pdf

GW:

Wonder where he was that year?

And respect to those who have earned a real purple-heart!