Author Topic: Arnold's speech..  (Read 2393 times)

Offline gunnss

• Nickel Member
      • https://grantvillegazette.com/wp/lastname-firstname/evans-kevin-h/
Arnold's speech..
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2004, 12:26:36 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
They were JFK's speechwriters? Did they make him say "I am a doughnut" to the German people? What does these two people have to do with this discussion?

that was Reagn I was stationed in Germany when it happend, and all the other jelly donuts knew what he ment to say.....

Gunns
5,486 HP 110 MPH @500 tons
My other "ride"
http://nmslrhs.org/Photos/photos.php
Alt History, The butterfly made me do it.....
https://grantvillegazette.com/wp/lastname-firstname/evans-kevin-h/

Offline -MZ-

• Nickel Member
Arnold's speech..
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2004, 12:39:56 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
If I were a Bush strateegereesta, I'd be figuring out how to work Arnold into the campaign on a regular basis.  

They'd love that, but Arnold recognizes that Bush has done nothing for California and has been reluctant to help.

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
Arnold's speech..
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2004, 12:41:28 PM »
Arnie? a former anabolika-powered action actor with a german accent and a communism childhood trauma ;)
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Arnold's speech..
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2004, 03:52:04 PM »
It's a great speach about great ideals, given by someone with firsthand experience how the dream can work for anyone regardless of where they started out in life.

Whether or not the people at the top of the Republican party are properly following those ideals is the reason we vote, the reason why there are primary elections, the reason why the parties reach down to and are ultimately run by people at the local level.  Most people sit around and gripe about what one party or another is doing, but so few bother to pick up the phone, call the local party office, and volunteer their time to help make things right.  

Arnold answered that call, and he may be the best herald of the American Dream the republican party has seen in decades.  Of all the public figures we see on TV, he is one of the few who can truly say they have lived the entire American Dream from the bottom to the top.  He could speak those words every day and I'd never get tired of them because they are the essence of what made America.  He didn't preach about giving handouts, he didn't speak about filling outstretched hands with bread or providing circuses for the bored masses, he spoke about how America is about providing opportunities for people to fill their own lives, to fulfill their own dreams.

That's the America written about in the constitution.  That's the America my parents, grandparents, and great grandparents grew up in.  That's the America served by generations of servicemen and policemen in my family.  You can get a bowlful of pity in any country in the world, but here you get the freedom to reach your highest potential.  Arnold knows that, most honest Americans know it's true deep in their hearts, and maybe it's a message that will continue to be trumpeted beyond the conventions and this election.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 03:54:27 PM by eagl »
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Arnold's speech..
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2004, 03:56:34 PM »
I agree:aok

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Arnold's speech..
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2004, 03:57:30 PM »
Well said eagl.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Arnold's speech..
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2004, 04:30:26 PM »
Originally posted by -MZ-
They'd love that, but Arnold recognizes that Bush has done nothing for California and has been reluctant to help.

Obviously that's why he agreed to be a key speaker at the convention and clearly and repeatedly declared his support for Bush. The reluctance was really showing through last night.

Eagl, exceptionally well said.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Arnold's speech..
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2004, 07:34:55 PM »
A lot about accents.
Puhh, all Americans speak with an accent. It's the American accent!
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline -MZ-

• Nickel Member
Arnold's speech..
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2004, 08:02:37 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Obviously that's why he agreed to be a key speaker at the convention and clearly and repeatedly declared his support for Bush. The reluctance was really showing through last night.

We'll see how much more often they are able to use him.  

He vowed to be the "Collectinator" during the campaign, recognizing that California pays way more in federal taxes than it recieves in benefits.  So far he has gotten nothing.

And there is no telling how Arnold will play in the sticks if his views on abortion, gay rights, and gun control become more widely known.

Offline Killjoy2

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nortonfamily.net
Arnold's speech..
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2004, 11:09:52 PM »
Arnold could have given that speech any time any place in the last 20 years.  

I worked in show business in LA for over 10 years.  

Just after Arnold made his first movie (that a terrible movie) several of my friends told me, "You have to meet this Arnold guy, he's got great things in his future."

Over the years I've had the opportunity to observe Arnold from the sidelines and in my opinion, he's the real deal.

Don't count on him using a speechwriter and if he did you can be sure the message is his.

It's been so long since we've heard someone who is REALLY passionate about America, we can't recognize the real thing when we see it.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Arnold's speech..
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2004, 11:26:19 PM »
How many politician's write their own speaches for a national audiance- None

How many are actors-- All of them (most even more poorly then Aanold)

How many politicians are Frauds?-- all of them

As for living in this country and not being able to speak perfect english. Hell there are ALOT of people in this country born and raised here, 3rd 4th 5th and 6th generations who cant properly speak it either

Look at people from the deep south or New Yawk or any of 1,000 different parts of the country.
A good deal of these people not only do not speak it properly. They outright butcher it.

Originally posted by GScholz
My comment on Arnold's bad English was in context with my point that he did not write the speech himself. But by all means, go ahead and take it personal. It was expected.

Politician ... check.

Actor ... check.

Speechwriter ... check.

Cheering crowds ... check.

Me laughing ... check.

I'll wait for the live telecasted debates.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Arnold's speech..
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2004, 11:30:42 PM »
The things Arnie said about the ideal of America, I believe he really meant. I was glad to see him elected Gov (I've lived in Cali most of the last 15 years). He does embody the American Dream - a dream which many people have seen fade away, unfortunately. I like his optimism, even if his outlook probably isn't realistic for most people. He's a natural leader, and you have to respect that.

But ...

The things he said about the Republican party and Bush I found highly disturbing.

Don't even bother flaming me ... if you can't respect my right to have a different opinion, then you don't understand America much yourself.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Arnold's speech..
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2004, 11:41:27 PM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
Don't even bother flaming me ... if you can't respect my right to have a different opinion, then you don't understand America much yourself.

Since when does that stop anyone?

Thusforth you are dubbed UNAMERICAN.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Arnold's speech..
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2004, 11:45:19 PM »
DokGonzo supports terrorism! U r wit dem, aginst uhss!
-SW

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Arnold's speech..
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2004, 11:53:49 PM »
You cand always count on a actor to deliver a well written and rehearsed speech with the required amount of emotion.

Comapred to Bush's attempts at speechs it was Osacar winning stuff.

...-Gixer